Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I use the black REI synthetics. I'm not sure how it works, but the black color completely eliminates ugly skid marks, even after a week or two.

It's like magic.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cwh2
No, really. ExOfficio. Buy a pair and live a little.

Originally Posted by 16bore
Ex Officio is good until they lose their stretch.

I used to be a huge Ex Officio guy. But, they really did loose their stretch sooner than I would like. I just chalked it up as part of the cost for effective stuff. Then, many years ago, I stumble across Uniqlo Airism boxer briefs (link below). These are simply outstanding. They last longer than any I have tried. They have all of the features I want, effective scent control, easy wash, quick dry, moisture wicking, extremely lightweight, and, most importantly, more long lasting than any other expensive brand I have tried. When I was on active duty in the desert, these were life savers. At a minimum, I recommend you buy one pair to see that I speaketh the truth. I don't buy anything but these any more. The boxer briefs come in the shorter length and the longer lenght. I buy both.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-ai...underwear#start=1&cgid=men-underwear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve had pretty good luck with the Black Ovis boxer briefs.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E

Hanes boxer/briefs and Fresh Balls.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

I used to be a huge Ex Officio guy. But, they really did loose their stretch sooner than I would like. I just chalked it up as part of the cost for effective stuff. Then, many years ago, I stumble across Uniqlo Airism boxer briefs (link below). These are simply outstanding. They last longer than any I have tried. They have all of the features I want, effective scent control, easy wash, quick dry, moisture wicking, extremely lightweight, and, most importantly, more long lasting than any other expensive brand I have tried. When I was on active duty in the desert, these were life savers. At a minimum, I recommend you buy one pair to see that I speaketh the truth. I don't buy anything but these any more. The boxer briefs come in the shorter length and the longer lenght. I buy both.

Ok, I ordered a pair of the airism and a pair of the mesh. Which style of skinny jeans do you like best?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Ok, I ordered a pair of the airism and a pair of the mesh. Which style of skinny jeans do you like best?

Wait'll you try them. You'll thank me. Skinny jeans? Not yet; however, I do admit to owning both a 6.5 Creedmoor and a 270.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
For years I’ve been using Icebreaker merino wool underwear. I also use a light weight long Merino layer as well. The under wear are comfortable and odor control is good.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sky - I'll check them out. Thank you!

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I use the Duluth buck naked. Clean myself with either hand sanitizer soaked baby wipes or Lysol wipes. No idea if I am giving myself cancer with the Lysol wipes but they do a good job.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"good wicking, boxer brief to cover upper thighs, and odor control" that pretty much defines merino wool. I only use Merino wool undergarments any more on extended wilderness trips.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I like Ex Officio. The stretch waist band breathes and dries quicker than any other that I have tried. UA are OK but the waist band will stay damp from sweat much longer than the Ex Os. Merino takes forever to dry on your body if you sweat much.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
for longer trips, my beloved Ibex lightweight merino boxers- my last pair and they are out of business frown

for shorter trips- Outdoor Research Echo boxers (these are also my daily choice as well)- microgrid syn really breathes well and they dry uber fast, they are holding up well too

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You guys can laugh at me all you want, but the first lite Marino underroos are a game changer for me. They have the comfort of the under-armor type compression shorts, but they keep the stink down on the longer backpack style hunts.

I will note that the ball bag area in the older models were made of a mesh and have a tendency to wear out early. If you keep wearing them long enough, because they're so dam comfy, your wife will get tired of seeing your sack hanging out. I can confirm that it'll drive her to buy you a few new pairs for your birthday.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
ExOfficio

100%

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Silk....................................

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Saxx “quest” line up

Pitter Patter!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Duluth trading buck naked boxer briefs OR the Armachillo boxer briefs. They are not cheap so I watch for the sales but for the last 6 years been using them and have not wore a pair out yet and have not been chaffed or uncomfortable at all. Bottom line is they work very well.

Same here,, I just wished they really made them in Duluth though!!

I tend to use more than enough gun
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've been wearing REI synthetics this week elk hunting. So far so good.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
An update.

I ended up with 2 pr REI synthetics and 2 pr Meriwool boxer briefs. I wore the Meriwool 2 days in a row on 2 Smoky Mtn hikes. No odor despite sweating for most of 19.6 and 16.1 miles respectively. My only complaints with the Meriwool is they did seem to stretch a bit more than I like. Other than that, they are very comfortable and a solid choice.

I wore the REI for a couple day stints this year in elk season. No odor, didn't stretch, and another solid choice. I'd lean toward the REI due to the stretch factor.

I'm about to start whitetail hunting and will be wearing these 2 for multiple days in a row. I'll report back in December some time after I kill a few deer. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986
You guys can laugh at me all you want, but the first lite Marino underroos are a game changer for me. They have the comfort of the under-armor type compression shorts, but they keep the stink down on the longer backpack style hunts.

I will note that the ball bag area in the older models were made of a mesh and have a tendency to wear out early. If you keep wearing them long enough, because they're so dam comfy, your wife will get tired of seeing your sack hanging out. I can confirm that it'll drive her to buy you a few new pairs for your birthday.

Not laughing here. Love my first lite aero wool boxers. Keeps the swamp a$$ away. Comfortable.

Last edited by AKduck; 11/15/20.

Yup.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
249 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,703 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,932
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.