B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by viking
Darn that has to be edgy.

Beats a cul-de-sac in Bozeman lol. Id rather live in the woods than post about 2 weeks a year hunting in them.

Crossing the creek behind my house to hunt deer with your kid takes on a whole different dimension when your dragging it through the willows and there's a big fugging grizz on camera from a day or 2 ago.

I know there's Alaskans' that'll post pics of a 15' coastal brownie eating dog food off their porch.

I chose to live here, just wish we weren't beholden to commie fuggs when it comes to being able to shoot a problem bear.

Whatever happened to SSS?

Not everyone has a backhoe lol. Also there are rumors there are trackers under the skin on some that've been captured, and released. And captured and released. And captured and released, you get the idea. They actually offered a reward for info on one that'd been shot here close to me. Far as I know everyone has told them to take the reward and jam it,.

MAGA
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
It should be SSSSS, As in Super Sized Shoot Shovel and Shutup.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If you don't want bears eating dog food off your porch, don't put it out there. If there's nothing to attract them, they will walk through the neighborhood, without walking up on your porch.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sis lives north of Whitefish which is 20 miles out of "The Park" (Glacier) they call it out there and has had a large brown bear up on her deck. She claims that there are griz in the area, but I'm wondering if the brown phase black bears that they have out that way don't get mistaken for grizzlies by the uninformed?

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The Indians I know in and around Browning.....hate grizzly bears.

Do that like anything over there?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
If you don't want bears eating dog food off your porch, don't put it out there. If there's nothing to attract them, they will walk through the neighborhood, without walking up on your porch.

What a bunch of bs. A bear will walk 50 miles to chew on anything plastic grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Sorry Blu, but I don't think you answered the question that Gruff asked.

Your daughter isn't in your avatar is she? Want a new SIL?

God no that is not my daughter. My avatar calls my honey in my dreams every night. And as far as a new SIL I am afraid you don't own enough land in Montana to qualify for that job. grin grin grin

I own 5 acres there.....is that not enough?
Some people are so needy....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Isn't that called a ranchette?

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Sorry Blu, but I don't think you answered the question that Gruff asked.

Your daughter isn't in your avatar is she? Want a new SIL?

God no that is not my daughter. My avatar calls my honey in my dreams every night. And as far as a new SIL I am afraid you don't own enough land in Montana to qualify for that job. grin grin grin

Some people are so needy....

Yea you are alittle short by about 4 zeros.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
5.0000? Lol.

I like having bears, lions, and wolves in the woods. The wilds should be wild. If I wanted to live in Texas, I’d simply move there.

That said, I’m all for seasons to hunt each and it shouldn’t take a presidential pardon to blast one sniffing around the chicken coup or campsite.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn it!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
<sarc> why don't we wait for the experts on 60 minutes tell us what to do, remember they did the first ballistic comparison between AR15 and 9mm handgun. </sarc>

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by greydog
I'm with Brad on this one. When I'm hiking or camping, the fact that grizzlies are around is part of the deal. The same goes for other predators. Without them, the experience is diminished. In fact, if the presence of bears serves to keep even a few people away, I'm all for them. GD

There is a wide gap between wanting them as part of the ecosystem and not wanting them eradicated, and removing federal protections.

I like having them out there, but the idea I'm going to prison for blowing the guts out of one for eating my chickens or getting into my shop is a bitter pill.

The shell game FWP plays moving them around in secret is an enormous waste of taxpayer money, among other things.

No DLP allowed in MT?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by viking
Darn that has to be edgy.

Beats a cul-de-sac in Bozeman lol. Id rather live in the woods than post about 2 weeks a year hunting in them.

Crossing the creek behind my house to hunt deer with your kid takes on a whole different dimension when your dragging it through the willows and there's a big fugging grizz on camera from a day or 2 ago.

I know there's Alaskans' that'll post pics of a 15' coastal brownie eating dog food off their porch.

I chose to live here, just wish we weren't beholden to commie fuggs when it comes to being able to shoot a problem bear.

Whatever happened to SSS?

If properly practiced, no one knows.....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have them literally around my house and everywhere I recreate.I'd shoot every damn one I see if it didn't mean prison.
I am a retired game warden and I just believe if you kill a troublesome animal and don't approach it, and keep the rifle hidden afterwards, and most importantly DO NOT answer any questions or even talk to the police other than identifying yourself you will be home free. Oh, don't have any witnesses or tell your wife or neighbor. Most game violators are convicted at least in part because someone makes an admission or statement.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The one thing survivors of bear attacks remember if they live, is the smell of the bears breath as he bites them in the head trying to crush their skulls. They say its something theyll never forget.

Is that Timmy getting eaten in Herzogs film?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No way to know now, but I think he overexaggerated the pain grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty sure the audio was proven fake. It sounds kinda weird but I have no idea what you’re supposed to sound like getting your guts eaten?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pretty sure the audio was proven fake.

I though so. in real life it wouldn't sound anything like that grin

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by greydog
I'm with Brad on this one. When I'm hiking or camping, the fact that grizzlies are around is part of the deal. The same goes for other predators. Without them, the experience is diminished. In fact, if the presence of bears serves to keep even a few people away, I'm all for them. GD

There is a wide gap between wanting them as part of the ecosystem and not wanting them eradicated, and removing federal protections.

I like having them out there, but the idea I'm going to prison for blowing the guts out of one for eating my chickens or getting into my shop is a bitter pill.

The shell game FWP plays moving them around in secret is an enormous waste of taxpayer money, among other things.

No DLP allowed in MT?

Life yes, property no. Unless it's what the state considers livestock, which does not include chickens, or dogs. And you're going to be put through the ringer regardless. It's bullspit.

MAGA
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,692
Posts18,456,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.