Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Albert Soady: "And Remnar? Well, he turned out pretty much the way you'd expect for somebody goes by the name of Remnar."

Well, NewGuy arrived at camp last night, and we all retired to the Thoughtful Spot for a conclave. Amid the gathering gloom, an approaching hurricane remnant, and bottles of Loch Lomand and Suntory, we got down to the Special High Intensity Training necessary to turn our friend into a full-fledged member of the Shamanic Dream Team. As I suspected, weekends will be somewhat problematic from his end.

The first major thing decided was his callsign. I think it was Moose that just offhandedly called him Remnar, ( a reference to Escanaba in Da Moonlight). NewGuy had recently watched this movie at our insistance to get him filled in on some of the details of camp life. Sure enough, NewGuy responded with a quip about bringing the pasties. In a flash, we had his callsign. He is now Remnar.

Remnar has some good hunting stories, but he was still deer-less. He'd also never been up the tree-- always hunted from ground blinds. We're fixing that. It was resolved that he would buy his first stand and we would endevor to place it at an auspicious location in two weeks. We have found such a place this AM. We also reviewed other blind locations. He will have access to Midway, Lazy Boy , Hollywood and a few promising un-named locations for setting up his ground blinds as he sees fit.

A goodly amount of single malt, provided by Remnar, was consumed last night, and added to the feeling of gemuetlichkeit, as we consumed mass quantities of bovine ribeye before retiring to our racks. Moose, Angus and Remnar went out this morning to hunt squirrel. We spent the latter part of the morning touring the farm in depth and deciding on a stand location.

Remnar and Angus both managed to bag a squirrel before the rain hit.

More to come. I am being called to Second Breakfast.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
BP-B2

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Here's Remnar, back from squirrel hunting:

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

Full Story and Pics are here:

Remnar Enters

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He's a lucky fella. You guys have a great property and I'm sure he'll do well. Hope that he's grateful!

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Good luck to Remnar,’Escanaba in Da moonlight” Is a must see movie for every hunter.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
He even looks like a Remnar.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Tell me you brought the Pasties"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shaman
Here's Remnar, back from squirrel hunting:

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

Full Story and Pics are here:

Remnar Enters

Yup. Pretty much what you'd expect from a guy named Remnar.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I want The Jimmer to come to my camp.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (160user, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.