Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Dess Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Saddest thing I read in a while. Basically prisoners of the state.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/10/09/nursing-home-residents-greeley-protest-covid-19-restrictions/

GREELEY, Colo. (CBS4) — Residents at nursing and rehabilitation facility in Greeley organized a protest against Colorado’s coronavirus restrictions. On Thursday, about 20 residents gathered outside Fairacres Manor, many in wheelchairs, holding signs that read “Rather die from COVID than loneliness,” and “Prisoners in our own home,” and “Give us freedom.”

Ben Gonzales, an assistant administrator at Fairacres Manor, said the residents are upset about the COVID-19 restrictions put in place by the state health department.

“They want to be able to hug their grandchildren, they want to be able to hold the hands of their loved ones,” Gonzales said.

Gonzales said the residents are able to see visitors, but they have to stay six feet apart and can’t have any physical contact.

Gonzales told CBS4 the Fairacres Resident Council wanted their voices to be heard — and organized the protest on 16th Street.

“We used to be lucky here at Fairacres to show each other what we mean to one another and we cannot do that anymore,” said Resident Council President Sharon Peterson, who is 75. “Fairacres follows the rules and, with that, we think they would keep us safe while being able to be with our families again.”

“We did this because one thing we have to look forward to is a simple hug,” Peterson said. “It gives us meaning.”

Staff members were there during the protest to support the residents and keep them safe.

“We want them to know that their voice does matter,” Gonzales said.

Gonzales said staff members were all wearing masks and eye protection, as required, and they made sure the residents wore masks and stayed six feet apart.

“Fairacres needs to be commended on how well they have cared for all of us, but it’s time for our voices to be heard,” Peterson said. frown frown

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Whaattttt???

But they said Quarantine and prolong to the fullest

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Any way renegade can post Bobby Vinton's 'Mr Lonely'?

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This calls for a Prayer and a few Terminal Patriots

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14967124/1

Give those folk some firearms !

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 10/09/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes, my father is in assisted living. It is like a very safe prison.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My parents are in a nursing home in CA and have been under lockdown since about May. We haven't been allowed to visit them in person and this morning, my dad passed away.

He was coming up on 93 and had some health issues, but was stubborn and refused to be limited in what he could do. So the lockdown was really hard on him and us...we used to take them out every weekend to go on rides through the country, to go shopping for basics, etc. It was the highlight of their week and it was a chance to spend a lot of time together. When the virus first hit, we were ok with the extreme measures since our parents (and the other residents of the nursing home) were vulnerable.

Weeks turned into months and the restrictions increased. You could see the mental and physical decline when we were given a "window visit" (they were rolled up to a glass door and we called them on the phone from the other side) and we pushed for more visits. The nursing home refused, saying they would be shut down by Gov. Newsom if they did what we were asking for. So a 5 minute window visit was all we could have once a month.

I get that you can't expose old folks to a virus, but there has to be a balance between the needs of the elderly for safety and their need for family interactions. If I could, I'd break Newsom's neck right now for having deprived us of the last 6 months of my dad's life. The lockdown is about 98.3% political and the rest something else, and I'll never forget, or forgive, the (D) party for doing this to us. There was and is no need to turn the population into prisoners.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I have thought about this.

It never turns out.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My bad, sorry,

Last edited by jimy; 10/11/20.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why not the six foot rule, this is so sad , a life long friends mother just past under the same circumstances here in PA, its almost criminal !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sure there are a few more here who would join the neck stretching party. I'm not a joiner by nature, but I can see it for certain causes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You would not be able to keep me away.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
COVID has affected all politicians and health officials - they're only running at 3% of their normal IQ at the moment.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Remsen
My parents are in a nursing home in CA and have been under lockdown since about May. We haven't been allowed to visit them in person and this morning, my dad passed away.

He was coming up on 93 and had some health issues, but was stubborn and refused to be limited in what he could do. So the lockdown was really hard on him and us...we used to take them out every weekend to go on rides through the country, to go shopping for basics, etc. It was the highlight of their week and it was a chance to spend a lot of time together. When the virus first hit, we were ok with the extreme measures since our parents (and the other residents of the nursing home) were vulnerable.

Weeks turned into months and the restrictions increased. You could see the mental and physical decline when we were given a "window visit" (they were rolled up to a glass door and we called them on the phone from the other side) and we pushed for more visits. The nursing home refused, saying they would be shut down by Gov. Newsom if they did what we were asking for. So a 5 minute window visit was all we could have once a month.

I get that you can't expose old folks to a virus, but there has to be a balance between the needs of the elderly for safety and their need for family interactions. If I could, I'd break Newsom's neck right now for having deprived us of the last 6 months of my dad's life. The lockdown is about 98.3% political and the rest something else, and I'll never forget, or forgive, the (D) party for doing this to us. There was and is no need to turn the population into prisoners.

Condolences on your loss Remsen....That is a tough thing to have to endure... I certainly would be bitter... Newsome and Cuomo both need to be held accountable for all of the instances of this, they have caused due to their "executive orders"....its for the best of the common good.. of course unless its YOUR parents who the ones sacrificed for everyone else..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
COVID has affected all politicians and health officials - they're only running at 3% of their normal IQ at the moment.

There are indications that the average Pollie IQ is nothing to brag about under the best of circumstances.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Remsen

Sue those f-ckers.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I know you are a good man Roger.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i'd kill someone for that chit.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I know you are a good man Roger.

Thanks, Jim, I try to be, sometimes its hard.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Remsen, sorry for your loss.

My Dad is in assisted living and my Mom is in a nursing home next door. They can see each others windows. They are coming up on their 70th wedding anniversary next week, but can not be together for it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This permeates through so many segments of our populace.

The stay at home lockups, the constant thump of the totalitarian drum "we are all in this together", etc., really kill a free people.

To die of a seasonal virus, well that's a natural death. To die of (or with) heartbreak in isolation brought on by communists, that's a crime.

Remsen, I'm sorry for your fathers passing under these circumstances.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.