-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just had an interesting discussion with gun rights game warden. He has been building his own suppressors using the NFA Form 1 process (ie building a suppressor). He gets approval back in less than 30 days or much less sometimes, not the months or years as approval for complete suppressors.

Plus all the parts are readily available online at greatly reduced prices. You can build a suppressor for 1/3 the price of commercial ones. He uses a simple purchased jig, drill press or even handheld drill to finish the cups/baffles and that was the only thing needed other than taking the tube to be engraved. As long as no other parts in the tube, it is not an NFA item and anyone can do the engraving. Everything comes pre threaded so no other machining needed.

Spent some time looking online and he is correct, all the parts are there for titanium, stainless steel or aluminum suppressor tubes, end caps and baffles to include quick attachment mounts. All sizes to include modular setups.

I might have to order a couple set ups and submit my form 1.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
PLEASE let us all know how to do this... from start to finish. What a great idea....

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Tag

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
PLEASE let us all know how to do this... from start to finish. What a great idea....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...re-atf-suppressor-wait-time#Post15112890

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
I just had an interesting discussion with gun rights game warden. He has been building his own suppressors using the NFA Form 1 process (ie building a suppressor). He gets approval back in less than 30 days or much less sometimes, not the months or years as approval for complete suppressors.

Plus all the parts are readily available online at greatly reduced prices. You can build a suppressor for 1/3 the price of commercial ones. He uses a simple purchased jig, drill press or even handheld drill to finish the cups/baffles and that was the only thing needed other than taking the tube to be engraved. As long as no other parts in the tube, it is not an NFA item and anyone can do the engraving. Everything comes pre threaded so no other machining needed.

Spent some time looking online and he is correct, all the parts are there for titanium, stainless steel or aluminum suppressor tubes, end caps and baffles to include quick attachment mounts. All sizes to include modular setups.

I agree, it is a very logical way to go.

A couple of friends of mine are machinists... I have pre 41F suppressors that they asked to measure for the purpose of cloning.

They will build the suppressor while the form one is being completed. It is not very complicated.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tag.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
tag

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw this add on the back cover of this month's "American Rifleman"

Silence Central

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by BountyHunter

I agree, it is a very logical way to go.

A couple of friends of mine are machinists... I have pre 41F suppressors that they asked to measure for the purpose of cloning.

They will build the suppressor while the form one is being completed. It is not very complicated.

And they will be guilty of a felony. You can't make the first chip legally until you have the stamp in hand.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

553 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 257 roberts, 62 invisible), 2,156 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,851
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.