Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by coobie
I see camera land has the Leupold VX 3I 3.5X10X40 on sale now.Been a weaver scope fan(super slam & grand slam owner) for quite some time.Looking to purchase the Leupold model stated for my Ruger 77/44 in 44 mag.Thoughts on the Leupold good /bad or ugly? Thanks.

What is their on sale price ??

kwg

found it. $349.99

Last edited by kwg020; 10/14/20.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Plum fhuqking fascinating,how you CLUELESS Droolers swoon a "good deal",on a piece of fhuqking schit. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Like watching a Jerry Lewis Telethon. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your hearts,for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Why buy a $300 scope when you can buy a $1000 scope? I love this board.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Aagaardsporter
I have a 1.5 x 5 on my 77/44. Use 5x to sight in and 1.5x or 2x when hunting. 3 x10 is too much scope for a 100yd deer gun. Adds weight and bulk. You just don't need that much magnification...at southern Michigan deer hunting ranges you'll find wider field of view more useful than being able to count the whiskers on the deer's nose.

Yup ..... I'd soon not like that big scope on that rifle. Be a fine choice otherwise.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I've got 4 of 'em. For me they are the perfect scope. Light weight, clear, holds zero. I'm not Mr. Twister. I set and forget. I don't care what scope I have or how much it costs. I'm not touching those dials unless it's a dire emergency. I'vn twisted dials in the field once. That was with an old Weaver T-6. It had exposed turrets and I accidently turned the windage adjustment on the way to the hunting spot. I looked down and saw the knob was't on zero like I had left it so I set up on the hood of the truck and bore sighted it on a telephone pole and it was several inches to the right of the windage cross hair, so I twisted the knob that direction until it was on zero and lined up on that pole in the bore. I shot a deer about 30 minutes later at about 150 yards and hit it right where I aimed. But I don't have the confidence in any scope to go twisting knobs to get on a distant target when I can hold over for elevation or hold to one side or the other for windage.

Edited^

Last edited by Filaman; 10/15/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cryle,

A scope's job,is to steer bullets. I missed the $1000 nudge,but the scope cited by the OP is simply a steaming pile of schit,whether free or otherwise. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I get it,that you Brokedick Crying Karens have never seen a scope that works and that just might be the fhuqking funniest part. HILARIOUS that you Clueless Droolers are fretting "looks",less a single concern to mechanics,which is more than a wee bit telling. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

FlimFlamMam,

I rather enjoyed your "harrowing" story of your fhuqking Ineptitude and outright fhuqking STUPIDITY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What else can't you do? Scopes of this ilk are VERY "tender",you CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktard. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
However, I think that power range is a bit much for a 44. I think I'd look into something in the 1-4 or 1-5 power range.

Oh BTW, thanks Stick for all the sincere compliments. I appreciate your heart felt criticism.

When I grow up I wanna be just like "Uncle Stick"

NOT!
Laughing

Last edited by Filaman; 10/15/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I think everyone has these on sale now, heck bps has them for 329.

I've had this scope on a model 7 708 the past two seasons. I like it for the money. Definitely wouldn't dial with it, you'll have your moments "did it click or not". I just swapped it out for the vx-r 3-9x40 30mm.

I had a sightron sii 3-12 japan on my main hunting rifles for years. Its still the best scope I've ever used in this price range and still sits on my 270....but it hasn't seen much use since I discovered the 708.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by BillyE
Why buy a $300 scope when you can buy a $1000 scope? I love this board.

Ain't it?

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by hanco
I have a number of Leupolds, work well for me. I don’t do any dialing.

Same here.

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
killerv, like I said, I have 4 of them and the most I paid for any of them might have been $320. I got 'em off Ebay but not auctions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
FlimFlamMam,

Here's to the HILARITY of your countless and very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I simply stated Mechanical Facts,as you state your STUPIDITY. The scope cited and those of the ilk,wear an etched reticle,that corroborates erector values. With such things in alignment,one is able to apply lineal angular measurement/subtension,to align POA/POI. I realize this most BASIC Ballistics 101,sails well over the top of your pointy head and that just "might" be the funniest fhuqking part. Hint. LAUGHING!

There is NOTHING fhuqking funnier,than a Texan TRYING to "talk" rifles. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!............

spilled,

It'll only come as a "surprise" to you and your ilk,that a scope that won't adjust correctly,will not hold zero either,let alone track. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Mechanics run hand in hand,through the gamut,though I enjoy the typical Reupold Excuse Clauses. The Reupold cited,is simply a steaming pile of fhuqking schit,as mechanics go. Now if you think it is "pretty" and want to set it on a bookshelf to look at,it may barely have the mustard to pull that duty. In fairness however,the 3-9X Reupold,is an even bigger piece of fhuqking schit. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I have 4 of them and I like them!

This one is on my Winchester M 70 .300 Wby.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Never heard of a "Swiffer" scope so I would probably go with the Leupold. I prefer the 4.5-14 range models and the 3.5-10x40 might be a bit long for the Ruger 44 magnum but, it is a great scope.

Last edited by Marley7x57; 10/15/20. Reason: because
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Aagaardsporter
I have a 1.5 x 5 on my 77/44. Use 5x to sight in and 1.5x or 2x when hunting. 3 x10 is too much scope for a 100yd deer gun. Adds weight and bulk. You just don't need that much magnification...at southern Michigan deer hunting ranges you'll find wider field of view more useful than being able to count the whiskers on the deer's nose.

Yup ..... I'd soon not like that big scope on that rifle. Be a fine choice otherwise.

as to the power comment

DING DING DING

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

That is a rather sensational Buck and that rifle/scope combo,has VERY obviously been to the Fair and been put to THE Test...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Shirley,

Ain't it a fascinating fhuqking constant,that you are an exceedingly poor barometer of even the most mundane things...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You can almost post a link by yourself. ALMOST. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your best you Drooling Fhuqktard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Kchuntis,

There is zero need for you to "flaunt' all of your years behind the counter,with sound ingrained effects...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

C
coobie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
HOLY chit this went off the rails pretty quick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by coobie
HOLY chit this went off the rails pretty quick.

Well you know how it goes. When the PERFECT one (AKA GNOME-A-SAURUS) enters a conversation and one dares to disagree........

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
boobie,

In actuality,the train is tracking straight and true,with all aligned on a fhuqking Silver Platter. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In fairness to The Paper Hat Brigade,they are simply a herd of Drooling Dumbfhuqks and at the mercy of doing their best. 'Course,that too is the only reason it is sooooooo fhuqking very reliably HILARIOUS! Hint. Laughing!

Pardon my simply shooting it all and simply being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess...while a guess is the BEST The Paper Hat Brigade can "do". I rather enjoy the poignant profundity,of such a Dichotomy and will happily dangle all the slack on the rope,these CLUELESS kchunts "think" they can 'handle". Hell...I've seen me do it. I rather enjoy the unending stream of very WELL founded Insecurities,which ohhh soooooo reliably follow. Hint. LAUGHING!

Anywhoo,if your opening move for a Bullet Steering Device,is to place forth the unending list of Reupold Clauses,you just might wanna pump the brakes and investigate. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Laughing!

Glancing the rearview mirror,I've probably not owned more than 30 or 40 1" Reupold 3.5-10X's,which ran the gamut of A/O and of course none,along with friction,1/8",1/4",Tall Turrets,Tapered Turrets and M1. Have had lotsa MK4 M1's and M3's too. 20 years ago,some of 'em were viable,given the grand scheme of that which was available. Since that time,Reupold has ABSOLUTELY taken a schit in relative Quality,give a fhuqk and QC,none of which is a "secret". They've rested on laurels,used smoke and mirrors and went WFO into cranking worse and worse versions of some then established wares. Too bad they can't get their schit together,but they could give a schit less,because CLUELESS Fhuqktards will still toss money at their wares,cite "value" and "warranty",while unleashing the History of Reupold Mechanical Clauses to "smooth" things over. If that horns you up,take the leap and dangle pics,because schit don't get any fhuqking funnier than that. Hint. LAUGHING!

So coming full circle and knowing(owning) the score,it's easy to muse mechanics in extrapolation. besides being unable to track,hold zero or repeat,Reupold cain't figure reticles out either. Meld same and you've just concocted a steaming pile of schit. tough to get giddy,about such things,in my book. now for the jingle you cite,the 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker is 100% THE Show Stopper,but alas...they are currently unavailable. They track,hold zero and repeat like few others. that while boasting an etched reticle of meaning,that correlates it's erector adjustments and keeps things the same language. Add a 7mm exit pupil,42 Mil's of erector,a 10 Mil etched windshield,weather SEALED guts and you are in tall cotton. That's tough on The Paper Hat Brigade,if only obviously. Hint. LAUGHING!

That being said,I've never seen a Ruger rear lugged 77. Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

If only for fhuqking starters. Hint.

You've been led to water.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Kchuntis,

I am VERY "surprised",that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you just "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot,as you "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You could always reiterate,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Ooooopsie! Too late. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you "get" to read my every word and gawk every Splendid Pixel in your hairnet,while wearing a mask. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying and Trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah ok sweetie.....Keep thinking that. Your psychologist said to always agree and never upset you.

μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (222ND, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.