Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
And this guy is right.

"Last week, the District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that Capitol Hill Baptist Church (CHBC) can resume outdoor services despite Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser’s coronavirus restrictions. In his ruling, Judge Trevor McFadden implicitly rebuked Bowser for encouraging one type of gathering — Black Lives Matter protests — while cracking down on religious gatherings."

“No matter how the protests were organized and planned, the District’s (and in particular, Mayor Bowser’s) support for at least some mass gatherings undermines its contention that it has a compelling interest in capping the number of attendees at the Church’s outdoor services,” McFadden wrote.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...hurch-services-and-blm-protests-n1060364

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
IAFT

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Waiting for a link depicting Amy Coney Barret having anything to do with this.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
For the uninformed:

"A federal appeals panel says Gov. JB Pritzker is free to limit Republican political gatherings in the name of fighting COVID-19, but also allowed under the law to give more leeway to religious gatherings and Black Lives Matter protests, if he chooses."

On Sept. 3, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals rejected the arguments presented by the Illinois Republican Party and other plaintiffs that Pritzker had not improperly discriminated against them and other political organizations by refusing to allow them to gather in groups of more than 50 people while Illinois remains in a state of emergency because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The ruling was authored by Seventh Circuit Judge Diane P. Wood. Circuit judges Amy C. Barrett and Amy J. St. Eve concurred.

Barret is in favor of big government and "lockdowns" that allow BLM and antifags free reign, while churches and legitimate free speech events are suppressed, by law.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Fubarski
For the uninformed:

"A federal appeals panel says Gov. JB Pritzker is free to limit Republican political gatherings in the name of fighting COVID-19, but also allowed under the law to give more leeway to religious gatherings and Black Lives Matter protests, if he chooses."

On Sept. 3, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals rejected the arguments presented by the Illinois Republican Party and other plaintiffs that Pritzker had not improperly discriminated against them and other political organizations by refusing to allow them to gather in groups of more than 50 people while Illinois remains in a state of emergency because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The ruling was authored by Seventh Circuit Judge Diane P. Wood. Circuit judges Amy C. Barrett and Amy J. St. Eve concurred.

Barret is in favor of big government and "lockdowns" that allow BLM and antifags free reign, while churches and legitimate free speech events are suppressed, by law.

I will need a legit link.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by rickt300
For the uninformed:

Then google it.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I will ask again, name a better candidate for SCOTUS today, in this political climate, this close to election.

A candidate more conservative.
A candidate with less baggage.
A candidate more friendly to the 2'nd.
A candidate easier to get past the Dems.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
A candidate that's more conservative, is the DC Judge, as I pointed out.

IDGAS bout baggage, less they've been to Epstein's island, or such.

A Judge that thinks .gov can do whatever it wants, is not going to stop .gov from doing what it wants, with regard to firearms.

IDGAS bout democrats. Ain't nonea em gonna vote for ACB.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually ACB and the others in the Illinois decision said pretty much the same thing the District of Columbia judges said.

Freedom of religion has special status and gov't has less ability to restrict them than it does other assemblies.

The Illinois case wasn't about regligious gatherings though. The District of Columbia case was.

So this is an apples to oranges case. The District of Columbia judge may or may not have issued a preliminary injunction if the case had been about politics rather than religion.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know the particulars of either of these cases, but in any case the Litigants have to make their case. The judges rule on what evidence they bring. They do not dig up their own evidence. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
For the uninformed:

Loosen your hat fine sir, everything will be ok.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I will ask again, name a better candidate for SCOTUS today, in this political climate, this close to election.

Exactly.

If you have a textualist then sometimes they will rule the way you don't like if the laws are the way you don't like. Civics 101 judges don't make laws.

We need judges who will read the bill of rights for exactly what it says.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

YOU nsme such a candidate.

(Hint- not ONE SINGLE judge currently serving meets all FOUR of those criteria any better than ACB.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
I don't know the particulars of either of these cases, but in any case the Litigants have to make their case. The judges rule on what evidence they bring. They do not dig up their own evidence. miles

It’s so simple even a libtard should understand it. The case is presented, decision made based on evidence, case closed.

If anything, it describes how the left wants the bench to legislate.

That’s not how it works, but a libtard wet dream

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Actually ACB and the others in the Illinois decision said pretty much the same thing the District of Columbia judges said.

Freedom of religion has special status and gov't has less ability to restrict them than it does other assemblies.

The Illinois case wasn't about regligious gatherings though. The District of Columbia case was.

So this is an apples to oranges case. The District of Columbia judge may or may not have issued a preliminary injunction if the case had been about politics rather than religion.

Wrong, as always.

The same court of appeals Barrett works at, different judges/case, same issue, said that churches could be closed and BLM protests allowed.

Barrett's case, said that Republican meetings could be closed, churches could be closed, and BLM protests allowed.

IOW, .gov could treat people exercising their 1A rights differently, just because .gov wanted to.

The DC Judge, the one with a brain, said that if a liberal .gov hack was gonna let BLM pull their shat, they got no reason to shut down legitimate exercise of the 1A by normal people.

ACB was wrong. The DC Judge was right.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by milespatton

The Judges rule the way they want to.

You think skagen or [bleep] is gonna change their vote, and rule conservatively, because one guy arguin the case is better at it than the other?

Roberts pulled the O'buckwheatcare crap outta his ass. Nobody had even argued that, and in fact both sides claimed it wasn't a tax.

The judges knew a liberal politician used the power of government ta shut down religion and Republicans, and allowing liberals to run free.

The DC Judge rightfully called bullshit on that.

ACB shrugged her shoulders and said it was OK.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
A better explanation. She and a judge appointed by Trump and one appointed by Bush 43 made a good decision based on the train wreck of a suit brought by the Illinois GOP.

https://www.redstate.com/shipwrecke...ng-illinois-lock-down-law-are-dishonest/

Reading the actual opinions will further explain the differences in rulings.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So you're going to condemn her entire judicial history and future based on your interpretation of her ruling in ONE case?

My, aren't we infallible. You should run for Pope.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't trust the judgement of women and I sure as fugk don't trust the judgement of a woman that buys kids from Haiti.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rickt300
For the uninformed:

Then google it.

Typical answer from a leftard who will not support his bullschhit.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

242 members (338rcm, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 300jimmy, 2UP, 25 invisible), 1,702 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,610
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.