-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can only conclude the OP by now must think his brother ain’t so bad.

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
In all seriousness, the folks who want to tell you that family is THAT important, are full of it. Just because you share blood doesn’t mean you need to let them make your life miserable.The politics are one thing, but the drunken calls/texting are another. The letter may make you feel better, but he’ll be too dumb/proud/indignant to take it to heart. He’ll just show it to others to try and prove how you are too preachy/intolerant/yada-yada...

Cut ties. If he continues to bother you, don’t even mention the politics. Let him know his drunken/idiotic behavior is unacceptable, and you’ll have no more of it.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Northman
Originally Posted by ERK
You still haven’t shown a country that is as good as the USA. They strive to live as well as we do. Only the elites have the privileges we have. I have a buddy that went to Norway because his family came from there. He laughed and said it was ok to visit but thank God his family had moved to the US. Edk

I also know a American Woman living in Norway, married a Norwegian... She has been battling cancer for 2 years. 0 in healthcare costs. And 0 in University costs for her 3 children.
She won't move back to the US even though here entire family is in the US.

Work/life balance is SO much better..

You are free to leave at any time, dumbass.

Last I heard Norway pays for all that free schitt with a 22% national sales tax (value added tax).

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Tear up the letter to your brother, and walk away from this fight you’re about to start.

You will never win the debate with facts, because they never listen to facts, and with him being a heavy drinker, it compounds never listening to the truths.

As frustrating as it is for you, just turn and walk away, but don’t walk away from your brother. It’s hard, but if you start this, you’ll regret it if something happens and your brother dies, and these bad fights you’re about to start are the last memories you have.

If you want to end this with just one slap to his face, just ask him, “How can you align yourself with the party that wants to take your guns, and disallow you your right to defend yourself or family member in a life or death situation from a criminal?”

And leave it at that, and maybe that one point will get him thinking, and maybe some day down the road, he’ll come to you to talk, and listen.

Tear up the letter.

Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I wouldn’t send the letter. Ask yourself if he’ll read it and come around to thinking clearly with a new perspective. If the answer is no. Than all the letter will accomplish is to drive a deeper wedge and more hard feelings. Who needs more of that in there life?

I think your better off to lay some basic ground rules. Ie you’ll talk hunting or family ect but you won’t talk politics.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Your brother is your brother, for better or worse. As long as he's not stealing from you or harming you in some direct way, live with it.

What kind of person our age supports the left? My cousin, several months older than I (72) who has not worked enough quarters in his life to qualify for social security and lives off the charity of his siblings. One (very) brief marriage, no kids....spends his days posting leftist screed on Facebook. Another friend from my Navy days...same age, never a real job, no wife, no kids, plays in beer joints for little more than drinks and tips. Two guys without a pot to piss in, lifelong failures, but they have all the the answers and have the nerve to criticize the views and actions of those who have worked all their lives and made something of themselves.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've given this whole sorry state of affairs a great deal of thought and I've come up empty. There is no answer that will satisfy or explain my brother's deeply misguided and ignorant beliefs. No amount of evidence, facts or proof will change him. He's far too invested to admit he's wrong. My brother crossed the line with me. He's a Marxist.

While I appreciate the help he's given the folks, and the laughs and good times we've had together, I cannot abide a Marxist in my inner-circle. It truly pains me to say that I believe I'm done with him and his deeply misguided beliefs. I had hoped that he and I could start a business together in the near future, but I know now, as I knew then, that I didn't want to admit to myself what I knew to be true. Now, with the idiotic drunken statements he made to me, including his veiled threat, I know his true beliefs and I know my plans can never be. Unless something drastic changes, he's been relegated to the "Tolerate" bin, only because he's my brother.

I had hoped that my letter might knock some sense into him, but he's too far gone. Sending the letter is an absolutely futile effort on my part.

Thanks to everyone for their take on the situation.

If he want's to talk fishing, I guess that'd be ok. - Ronnie Van Zant

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/16/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Kevin - I'd send him the letter - while letting him know you're STILL brothers; but you both have different political philosophies - and you recognize that fact.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Grab that sunofabitch by the coller......sober....and lay it out.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Mark. Though I would like to send the letter I recognize the futility in doing so. I can think on this 'til the cows come home, but I'm afraid this is a situation where there is no clear answer.

I spoke to my Mother tonight and I told her how he crossed the line with me. She was very quiet while I was speaking. I think she was deeply hurt. She finally told me she didn't want to hear any more and she forbade me from telling Dad. I feel terrible now, but I thought it necessary to tell her.

Perhaps the best course of action is to simply wait until I'm next in Dallas and speak to my brother directly & read him the riot act.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
They know.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Jim: They do indeed know, just not the extent of his delusion.

- Del Gue
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well...I reckon they got a right.

Not telling your old man is the same as enabling your brother in his leftist ways.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Jim, True, but I need to respect Mom's wishes. She's the one that has to deal with Dad's wrath and Dad has been extremely difficult for her to deal with for many years and he's getting worse as time progresses. He's hard on Mom and telling him what he already knows to be true will cause all sorts of problems. My Dad has often talked with me about my brother's Leftist beliefs and he's disgusted by them. Nothing good will come from telling him just how far my brother crossed the line this time and the stress and disgust he will experience as a result may exacerbate his health issues. Not to mention the ravings Mom will have to endure. Believe me when I tell you that you don't want to be on Mom's schidt-list, which is where I'd firmly be if I told him against her wishes. It's up to her if she wants to tell him (which she won't).

- Del Gue
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Roger that!

My sister is liberal as hell.......we just don't bring it up.

I am MAGA.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don’t deal with a drunk. Ever. Learned that early and it’s been valuable.

Leftists are usually very unhappy and bitter people who whine about everything. I hate whiners so avoiding them is easy for me. Family or not.

Here is the deal with Leftists. They use Macro politics as a platform to explain and excuse their own personal failures. That way, they are not responsible for being a loser.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sound advice there RAS.

- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About three clicks left wind, send it. Don't waste any more time on him, if he can't quit drinking, he can't handle reality.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
I’m with Gunner and Frogman on this.
Phouck the bastard.
Send the letter.
People worry too much about offending a family member.
Those bastaards don’t think twice about offending us with their useful idiot diatribes. Why should we be the only one’s pissed off about their bullschit.
Just because they are family does mean they aren’t cull.

You bet m stevenson and Frogman, I'm harder on family than anyone, I KNOW DAMN WELL THEY KNOW BETTER, I know how they were raised!, I was there too! i DGAFF if they're family, right is right, and wrong is WRONG! it really is as simple as that.

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Tear up the letter to your brother, and walk away from this fight you’re about to start.

You will never win the debate with facts, because they never listen to facts, and with him being a heavy drinker, it compounds never listening to the truths.

As frustrating as it is for you, just turn and walk away, but don’t walk away from your brother. It’s hard, but if you start this, you’ll regret it if something happens and your brother dies, and these bad fights you’re about to start are the last memories you have.

If you want to end this with just one slap to his face, just ask him, “How can you align yourself with the party that wants to take your guns, and disallow you your right to defend yourself or family member in a life or death situation from a criminal?”

And leave it at that, and maybe that one point will get him thinking, and maybe some day down the road, he’ll come to you to talk, and listen.

Tear up the letter.

You stupid ass moron

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't exactly decided on a course of action yet, but I'm rewriting the letter now. I'm up to 11 pages and my brain is running so fast I can't keep up on the keyboard.

When you really stop and think about the myriad of ways the Marxists have wormed their way into every single aspect of American life, American tradition and American culture, it boggles the mind. The examples are endless and just as insidious. It's incredible just how well organized and of a singular purpose they are to have accomplished all that they have since WWII. Hateful, devious and treacherous they are, but the Marxists are formidable. It will take an all-out, sustained effort by the next several generations to beat the Marxists back.

What I don't understand is that they must know Marxism is responsible for hundreds of millions of murders and deaths, yet there's still Marxists - alive and well and agitating. A bunch of serious morons out there incapable of critical thought.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/18/20.

- Del Gue
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by High_Noon
A bunch of serious morons out there incapable of critical thought.

It seems like there's never a shortage of that.

Retired cat herder.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,633
Posts18,455,226
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.