Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Or recipe you’ve had. Preferred vodka?
Fishing trip with the guys coming up this week and day drinking should start with a good mixed drink.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I make mine from my own recipe, but fave store bought is 5 peppers with a touch of Zatarains crab boil added. Oops, just gave away my secret ingredient. Zing Zang is popular as well.

I shy away from top shelf vodka for a BM as a BM should have a bit of bite IMO, so Smirnoff or something like that is my go to. I've made them with Stoli, Tito's, etc., just too smooth. Hell, I mix 3 parts mix to 2 parts Vodka & it's OK with middle shelf. Go top shelf & mix half & half.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've kinda outgrown all day drinking, but, IMHO, any drinks should be made with fresh ingredients. IME, mixes really suck. They belong in the same category as instant coffee, lite (so-called) beer and the slush puppy frozen drinks air-headed chicks who don't really like liquor tend to favor. So, a recipe for a bloody mary? If I had in mind to have a bloody mary, I'd go for the highest quality bottled (not canned) tomato juice I could find and mix it with vodka, maybe a shot of Tabasco. As far as what kind of vodka, at our house it's Absolute or Grey Goose. Both have been found to be good, smooth, suitable for drinking on the rocks vodkas that will not leave you with a headbanging pain the next day. I seem to recall having consumed ill-advised quantities of Stolichnaya vodka on occasion also without untoward after-effects.

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Tito’s vs Grey Goose vs (?)

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Never had it but one of my friends claims that aquavit is better than vodka in a bloody Mary.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I love a good Bloody Mary, especially one made from natural ingredients. With that said I frequently grab some of these when I don’t have time to grab ingredients or have time or space to make them. Everyone who has had one has been impressed.

https://cutwaterspirits.com/canned-cocktails/spicy-bloody-mary/

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
https://oliversgourmet.net/items/spicy-bloody-mary-mix/

Best I have ever had.

The thick - ketchup like - consistency provides for ice melt-down and room for your favorite vodka/gin

Garlic, anchovy, celery seed, etc...

Locally based, so shipping might be $$

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I've had these & the cost coupled with how I've felt next day, I'd go with Stoli.

Titos hurt me one morning, it's hype & cost shouldn't have done that.

Grey Goose is 30% more cash. Good, but better is the question.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tag for morning drinking

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Zing Zang, and rim the glass with Old Bay since your fishing...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
zing zang get a pepper voka...or one with a Habano I it ...omg good

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I used to be the default 'tender at an annual BM party. I stocked my bar with Mr T's Spicy mix, and also took along some plain tomato juice for the wusses. Vodka of choice was Smirnoff's. My "secret ingredient" is a 1-2 mix of Worcestershire and dill pickle juice, plus celery salt. About half an ounce per drink.

Drink variations included the Bloody Maria, which subbed Anejo Tequila for vodka, and the Caesar, which subbed Clamato juice for the Mr T's. And of course the Virgin Mary, for designated drivers or teetotalers. This was not a "garnish" crowd, but I kept a supply of olives and celery sticks on ice in case anyone asked.

I keep drinks light at events like this so nobody gets smashed, and also to speed up production. One shot glass of booze, half of one of pickle juice over ice, and fill glass with mix. Stir and smile.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

vs Reyka.
Zing Zang mix has MSG in it.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Or recipe you’ve had. Preferred vodka?
Fishing trip with the guys coming up this week and day drinking should start with a good mixed drink.

I love drinking trips. Haven't been on one in a while. I've never used a commercial mix, but have always thought that whatever ingredients I have handy, Tabasco and horseradish are most important to not be missing. For a Bloody Mary, I'll use any vodka.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Clamato.

Belvedere, Grey Goose, Absolut, and Hangar 1 are all good.

Titos sucks ass.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I never drink vodka straight, so can't tell one from another. Especially when it comes to Bloody Mary variants with so many other very strong flavors.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Zing Zang mix with cucumber vodka. Toss in a few other ingredients ...mmm

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
McClure's Bloody Mary Mixer, Svedka vodka, a few dashes of Trappey's hot sauce and celery salt for the rim. Damn, I am out of vodka this AM...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from media-cdn.tripadvisor.com]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Every Sunday a 11 AM from Memorial Day to Labor Day we have a group that boat together and have "Bloody Sunday" at a different persons house....

Start with a 16 oz. tumbler rub rim with lime coat with Demitris Bacon Rim Shot fill 1/2 with only clear ice, Members Mark vodka 2 shots, 1/2 shot dill pickle juice, 3 splashes Worcestershire Sauce, 4 splashes of Tabasco (or to taste), 1 shot of Clamato, top it off with V8 Tomato Juice,1 shake fresh ground white pepper, 1 shake of O'Bay seasoning use a piece of celery to stir and serve in glass..... 8" skewer with large stuffed olives, dill pickle spear, bacon.....gone as far putting chicken wing, shrimp, and ribs....

There's a couple that are beer drinkers don't drink liquor they have MC Cocktails.... tomato juice and beer....

Last edited by coyotewacker; 10/17/20.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 49 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,813
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.