Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nokian is made in Finland and the tires are first-class quality. Most of their tires are designed for highly aggressive snow and ice. Look at their website sometime.

I ordered 8 of these tires a while back at $102 a piece delivered. I am super impressed with the quality of their Construction. They claim to be a 70,000 mile as well.

The tread depth is almost a full 1/2 inch.

Anyway, while goofing around on the internet last night I discovered that Walmart had a rollback on the price of these tires down to $64 and change... so I went ahead and bought 12 more tires. We have quite a few vehicles and quite a few trailers. Don't judge.

I have no idea when they will run out of tires and I have no idea if the sale price applies to other sizes as well.

But I do know that a very well-built 123 / 120 Tire for $65 is about a third of what it should sell for.

As an FYI... the DOT date stamp on the 8 tires I previously bought indicate Manufacturing in 2015. Regardless, I registered them with Nokian for their 70000 mile warranty with this exact date. Some people are paranoid of Tire age and some are not. Regardless if the manufacturer will warranty them I will trust them. They look fantastic been stored inside of a warehouse for sure. That's all I know about that.

Good luck.

Last edited by CashisKing; 10/17/20. Reason: Southern accent voice to text typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never heard of that brand of tire, but it sounds like a heck of a deal.

A friend just got his 5th wheel camper trailer back from the repair shop. Chinese made trailer tire came apart and did a little over $4,000 damage. According to my friend, lots of the Chinese trailer tires are coming apart.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That's definitely a bargain!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Mage in Finland, like SAKO and Tikka? Got to be great quality.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Nokian makes a very good quality Tire.

Maybe... these are super cheap because of the exchange rate at the moment? I don't really know and it's really not that important.

It's totally okay to not buy these tires if you don't like them. I'm only sharing because I think it's a heck of a bargain.

https://www.nokiantires.com

Last edited by CashisKing; 10/17/20.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Thanks for the info. Looks like only that 16 inch size was on rollback. My size was $180. Nokians are high quality tires.

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What kind of vehicle are you putting them on

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Out of stock...watch for hydoplane

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Any way to check the date code on them before purchasing?

Maybe there's a reason they're on sale?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My order just went through. I'll pick up at my local store and have them do the install.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Just checked for my truck size LT265/70R17 121S they're $212 each. But I'm not in the market right now. From what Walmart shows currently, the Cooper Discover A/T All-season at $136 is a good value.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What a timely thread. My 99 Chevy is in need.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Just checked for my truck size LT265/70R17 121S they're $212 each. But I'm not in the market right now. From what Walmart shows currently, the Cooper Discover A/T All-season at $136 is a good value.

The Coopers are a great value, IMO.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Never heard of that brand of tire, but it sounds like a heck of a deal.

A friend just got his 5th wheel camper trailer back from the repair shop. Chinese made trailer tire came apart and did a little over $4,000 damage. According to my friend, lots of the Chinese trailer tires are coming apart.

anything made by the Finns, is of the highest quality...

Nokia phones are also developed and made in Finland...along with Tikka and Sako rifles...

If you ever been able to handle a Finnish made AK 47 ( Sako built) and compare it to any Commie made one.. you can really see the difference of Finnish quality....back in the mid 1980s, a Sako made AK 47 sold for $900.00 stateside....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nokian are excellent tires, and most assoc with high quality snow and ice tires given their Nordic source.
I just grabbed a set of these for my '02 Tundra given their "E" rating. Should be excellent for hauling the truck camper and 1 ton hay loads. (I use Ride-rite air bags)

Thanks for posting!

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I just put eight more in my shopping cart. Apparently they are not sold out yet. But I do expect they will be.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Those are DEATH TRAPS.

With DOT date of 2015 manufacture, they only have ONE year left before the SIX year maximum you should drive on them.

Just because they have been warehouse stored and do not have any sign of deterioration of sidewall cracking, DOES NOT mean they are internally sound. Petroleum products break down after being manufactured, and that chemical breakdown can not be stopped.

There is a reason tires have a six year life, and then toss.

It is so you won't kill yourself or your family.

They're cheap because they are dumping them on the market before they could not sell them through any distribution channels, and Walmart helping them just shows how much the Walmart commie kids value American's lives.

Go back and cancel your orders if you value your life. You won't be saving anything, because you'll have to toss them in one year.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow. Drove my truck today, not sure how old the tire are.
Had them about 12 years.
It'll be ok.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Those are DEATH TRAPS...

That comment seems slightly hysterical...

Like democrats demanding that Donald Trump be publicly castrated because he combs over his hair from right to left...

But OK... it is important to me that you now feel better.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would like to give the Nokians a tryout for an all season truck tire. Been looking at them for a few years.

That deal wont work for me though. Think I'm running 265 70 17's. Coopers seem to be the best quality and price around here.

God Bless America
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,350 guests, and 683 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,869
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.