Print Thread
Hop To
B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I have fluctuating eye dominance and this has made a significant difference.

A good shooter gave me the suggestion and I had my doubts, however after perhaps 500 shots on clays....it works.

https://www.shootsp.co.uk/

https://www.shootsp.co.uk/about-sp/the-science/

Last edited by battue; 10/17/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have heard good things about this. I also get Fluctuating Eye dominance when I’m tired, think shot an all day tournament, and need to shoot off or just plain tired.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I get it on left to right shots.
Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, not much to it, but it makes sense.

So, you see two sighting planes, and that little "button" tells you
which one to use?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
After more use this is my opinion...It works and the principle is that is gives the eye over the barrel a "subconscious" unique image. An image the off eye can't see....

Since I'm am more central dominant, I'm can't say how well it will work for another who is totally cross dominant, and I have my doubts. For myself, I'm positive it has benefits on slower targets and targets that give you the opportunity to get a good visual lock on the target, and I often see it "flash" in my peripheral as I bring the stock to my cheek. That said, you best not look at the bump or you will probably miss.

On screaming fast targets, or targets where they don't give you much time, and you are essentially only shooting the target flash, then it hasn't helped much.... However, initial thoughts are it helps some....

One thing it doesn't change is one best try to see the target as best as possible. Without a hard visual focus it doesn't do much. And as mentioned, some because of speed, distance or time, never allow you to see them sharp. Thus the term shooting the flash. However, on the slower targets it diminishes the subconscious barrel confusion and allows one to focus harder.

That's it for now....I need to keep working with it....

In addition, it doesn't eliminate the fact you need good fundamentals...Mount, how to look and focus, hand eye insertion, balance, etc, etc...

Last edited by battue; 10/20/20.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have this on my Model 12 Trap gun and it works. It's the same idea in that only the "right" eye will see the bead giving it a unique image that the off-eye can't see. Both the Cross-fire Eliminator and their Sight Blinder will do the same thing; occlude the off-eye from seeing the bead.

https://www.meadowindustries.com/sights.html#vari

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Interesting....

B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Shot another 250 rounds with it the other day....One of the keys, for me anyway, is to see it in your peripheral vision before you call for the target....Then it stays there thru the mount and shot...and it worked on quick targets as I became more used to it. Which begs the question, how will it work in the field when you can't do that? Doesn't matter because it can't hurt....I'm convinced and it isn't coming off....

Cooper: I've used the Meadows sights....The difference here is that it doesn't occlude the off eye....The off eye isn't blocked at any time and one always has binocular vision ....Here the principle is the eye over the rib has a slightly different image....One of the reasons one should see the barrel in their peripheral before mounting the shotgun....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is funny how different people's vision is, and all the gadgets brought out through the years to cure their various ills.

I remember when the Hi Viz sights came out. Worked for some not for others. Some folks thought they were/are wonderful as the bright sight allowed the brain to keep track of the barrel while the central vision was focused on the target. I tried one and couldn't take my eye off of it.

I am going to suggest this idea to a friend, might work for him, he is a bit off anyway.

Michael

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by battue
Shot another 250 rounds with it the other day....One of the keys, for me anyway, is to see it in your peripheral vision before you call for the target....Then it stays there thru the mount and shot...and it worked on quick targets as I became more used to it. Which begs the question, how will it work in the field when you can't do that? Doesn't matter because it can't hurt....I'm convinced and it isn't coming off....

Cooper: I've used the Meadows sights....The difference here is that it doesn't occlude the off eye....The off eye isn't blocked at any time and one always has binocular vision ....Here the principle is the eye over the rib has a slightly different image....One of the reasons one should see the barrel in their peripheral before mounting the shotgun....

I don't see how you don't have binocular vision with a meadows sight blinder, it just keeps you from seeing the bead with the off eye.

IC B3

B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
For myself I do, right up until the gun is on my cheek. And then not always but often, I get the one eye closed sensation. Feels the same as squinting down the off eye. Which for me causes a loss of depth perception.

For myself, I never get the feeling I’m aiming with the SP.

Last edited by battue; 10/23/20.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I really don't even notice it. I don't have a huge crossfire problem, just occasional. Occasional is enough to cause you to lose however.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
724 members (204guy, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,770
Posts18,401,519
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.