Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I like the Grease gun thing
I had a wet patch role around the ball on my 10ga. Blunderbuss at a Mountain man camp years back
It covered the touch hole.
I did not know what to do about it at the camp and was going to take it home to fix the situation
One of the Camp members came to my rescue.
He packed some FFFFFFF ya that's right 7F powder in the touch hole lit it off with a match and SHSHHSHSHSHSHPOP
and it was cleared

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Ha ha! what a [bleep]' dumbass. God damn, you just can't make this [bleep] up.

Prob’ly you ain’t fired muzzleloader much, stuff getting stuck is sorta common when you’re shoving stuff down a blind-ended tube.

I don’t clean with a wooden ramrod, they can break.

Shoving an insufficiently lubed or dry tight-fitting patch down the barrel will stick at the breech most every time, even in a clean barrel. I have found pouring a little water down the barrel unsticks a stuck patch most every time.

Pro 'ly you'd be wrong, and I've had things stick a little, but busting off ramrod takes talent in the stupids department.

Never stuck anything in a clean barrel. Doubt you have either, you just thought it was clean but it rusted because you were wrong.

Fuckwad supreme is what you are.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
High Noon, I am on here daily. Don't always have anything to say, but I read a lot of posts. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Jack, you learned something all ways a good deal. One time I was checking out the bore of a Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle with a brass bore lite. I turned it on and dropped it in, it stuck. Didn't know they had a tapered powder chamber. Unscrewed the nipple and put some 3fg in there reinstalled the nipple, capped it and shot it out. Now I use Thill bobber lights or the archery nock lights and no more problems. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Jack, you learned something all ways a good deal. One time I was checking out the bore of a Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle with a brass bore lite. I turned it on and dropped it in, it stuck. Didn't know they had a tapered powder chamber. Unscrewed the nipple and put some 3fg in there reinstalled the nipple, capped it and shot it out. Now I use Thill bobber lights or the archery nock lights and no more problems. MB

Lit nock is a good idea. Wish I’d have bought one of the Browning mountain rifles when they were reasonable. Nice guns.

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Ramrods break all the time. Especially T/C wooden ramrods. Sometimes they just break as they are not made of the proper wood. They are full of crossgrain and such. Hickory would be an improvement. They can break too, but they are a bit harder to break.

If you are a muzzleloader and you've never broken a ramrod, you haven’t been shooting them much.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

It’s called a patent breech. Original Hawken rifles had patent breeches.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
You could weld a drywall screw on the end of a long steel rod.

This might have been suggested before... I admit I did not read all of the comments.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Get a steel cleaning rod and a JB a drill bit to it. Put it down the barrel and slowly drill a hole into the jag as deep as you can.
Once hole is drilled use the other end of the cleaning rod and cover it with JB weld and insert into the drilled holes.
Let set.
Spray kroil down the barrel and heat the section with the stuck jag with a heat gun. Vice grip the cleaning rod at the muzzle and lever it out slowly.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Well, by know, ol' Jackoff must have that barrel ruined permanently. What a dumbass.

Everyday, just when it's finally become clear who is the dumbest of the dumb here, along comes some dickweed that is even dumb still.

What a contest to the bottom! Who can beat Jackinoffmountinass?

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
SheRoy,

Not everything can be as resilient as your vagina.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
deflave, you need to find a new gig. This one is old and worn out. You used to be funny but now you're just stupid. Must be something in that florida water, I guess. Only a dumbass like you would move to florida.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Had a CO2 unloader but no cartridge, I’m not mixing gun powder and alcohol, so I tried the grease gun and it worked like a charm.

Question 2:
What’s the best way to clean all that grease out of my barrel now?
Best replacement wood ramrod?
i had a wood rod break on me ,,. wont use again ,it almost speared my hand ,have heard of that happening ,..now use a sold brass rod at range ,and a fiberglass rod with pinned ends for the jag ,so they wont pull off ,i think i got it off of October Country ,or track of the wolf websites

Last edited by rem shooter; 10/18/20.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
deflave, you need to find a new gig. This one is old and worn out. You used to be funny but now you're just stupid. Must be something in that florida water, I guess. Only a dumbass like you would move to florida.

SheRoy,

I’d love to read more of your opinions on all things firearms and “funny.”

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I scanned through this...very informative.

I'm curious as to whether the barrel has a removable threaded breech plug? I've done the few grains of 3F several times and removed a breech plug from a CVA Hawkenesque gun to remove stuck balls, etc.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Well, by know, ol' Jackoff must have that barrel ruined permanently. What a dumbass.

Everyday, just when it's finally become clear who is the dumbest of the dumb here, along comes some dickweed that is even dumb still.

What a contest to the bottom! Who can beat Jackinoffmountinass?

Lot of good ideas put forth on this thread, they only apply to a broken ramrod stuck in a barrel though Leroy.
Please don't apply any of the above methods to free the broken rubber dick you have stuck in your Anus.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I scanned through this...very informative.

I'm curious as to whether the barrel has a removable threaded breech plug? I've done the few grains of 3F several times and removed a breech plug from a CVA Hawkenesque gun to remove stuck balls, etc.

Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Had a CO2 unloader but no cartridge, I’m not mixing gun powder and alcohol, so I tried the grease gun and it worked like a charm.

Question 2:
What’s the best way to clean all that grease out of my barrel now?
Best replacement wood ramrod?
i had a wood rod break on me ,,. wont use again ,it almost speared my hand ,have heard of that happening ,..now use a sold brass rod at range ,and a fiberglass rod with pinned ends for the jag ,so they wont pull off ,i think i got it off of October Country ,or track of the wolf websites

I'll definitely be replacing with something similar.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
put the barrel in a vice, remove the nipple, drizzle some BP into the drum, makes no difference, two to four Fg, re-install the nipple. it won't be coming out of there very fast, but have something it can safely hit and not ricochet, etc . Wear eye and ear protection. shouldn't even bulge the barrel because your not using much powder.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Talk guns and SheRoy gets REAL quiet....

LOL

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Read the directions on the can of Gunk, and see what the maximum soak / exposure time is. You might not be able to leave it soaking overnight without destroying the barrel.

You're too ignorant to change the batteries in your own vibrator

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
466 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 46 invisible), 2,058 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.