Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
In 2021, a red ink packet will explode on the sidewall.. Then everyone will know your tires are out of date.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Those are DEATH TRAPS.

With DOT date of 2015 manufacture, they only have ONE year left before the SIX year maximum you should drive on them.

Just because they have been warehouse stored and do not have any sign of deterioration of sidewall cracking, DOES NOT mean they are internally sound. Petroleum products break down after being manufactured, and that chemical breakdown can not be stopped.

There is a reason tires have a six year life, and then toss.

It is so you won't kill yourself or your family.

They're cheap because they are dumping them on the market before they could not sell them through any distribution channels, and Walmart helping them just shows how much the Walmart commie kids value American's lives.

Go back and cancel your orders if you value your life. You won't be saving anything, because you'll have to toss them in one year.

Elksalyer, are you a rubber professional?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those are DEATH TRAPS.

They're cheap because they are dumping them on the market before they could not sell them through any distribution channels, and Walmart helping them just shows how much the Walmart commie kids value American's lives.

Go back and cancel your orders if you value your life. You won't be saving anything, because you'll have to toss them in one year.

Good lord, the stupidity. I'll be sure to post the long term on these...

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I ran Nokias on my Ram 3500 with Lance camper on it. Noisier, did not drive as well , nor last as long as the Michelins that came with the used truck. About 35K, as I recall. But they WERE on there, mostly sitting in my garage her, for 8 years while we mostly lived in Kotzebue. Just sitting there isn't all that good .....

Now running Michelins again, year around, less in the winter. I won't buy Nokias again.

I probably should change that spare out also, which came with the truck in 2005 and has been used once a couple years later. And that's when I went with the Nokia. It is a Michelin, but It doesn't match the tread on there now, so I can't do 5 tire rotation.

Reminds me - I gotta do oil change and tire rotation. Every 5K...or so.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tag

IC B2

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Those are DEATH TRAPS...

That comment seems slightly hysterical...

Like democrats demanding that Donald Trump be publicly castrated because he combs over his hair from right to left...

But OK... it is important to me that you now feel better.

There was a Tire thread SamOlson started here last year, that a lot of people became educated about riding on tires past their life cycle DOT date with tread remaining:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../replacing-tires-due-to-age#Post13956444

In that thread I provided information too, like Discount Tire will NOT mount a tire that is over 5 years old past DOT date. Harley dealers will not test ride a bike they have worked on if they are over 6 years past DOT date, some use 5 years as the cutoff.

You were in SamOlson's tire thread commenting, so you are fully aware of the facts above I just mentioned, so that means you are nothing but a troll to be running your mouth towards me concerning this topic.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by broomd
Those are DEATH TRAPS.

Good lord, the stupidity. I'll be sure to post the long term on these...

To "prove" you're not a troll, you need to go tell everyone in all 8 pages of SamOlson's tire thread they are stupid too, but you won't, because you're a troll.

"He is far from Stupid"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
When everyone else is a troll ...

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Elksalyer, are you a rubber professional?

Yeah, I'm a gynecologist of petroleum products. I know what goes on inside.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those are DEATH TRAPS. With DOT date of 2015 manufacture, they only have ONE year left before the SIX year maximum you should drive on them. Just because they have been warehouse stored and do not have any sign of deterioration of sidewall cracking, DOES NOT mean they are internally sound. Petroleum products break down after being manufactured, and that chemical breakdown can not be stopped. There is a reason tires have a six year life, and then toss.It is so you won't kill yourself or your family.They're cheap because they are dumping them on the market before they could not sell them through any distribution channels, and Walmart helping them just shows how much the Walmart commie kids value American's lives. Go back and cancel your orders if you value your life. You won't be saving anything, because you'll have to toss them in one year.
Well, this person is quite declarative and commanding. I don't remove and toss tires when someone says I must, and the goverment does not force me to do so either. Yes, some tires seem to deteriorate with age, and usually due to how/where sitting over that time. Over the past 6 months I relocated quite a number of old vehicles the 300 miles from our mountain place down to the desert - most of them when it was over 100 degrees for the final 120 miles. All of the tires had very good tread and sidewalls when inspected before the drive All of them are at least 10 years old - some fifteen years. None failed. YMMV

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

To "prove" you're not a troll, you need to go tell everyone in all 8 pages of SamOlson's tire thread they are stupid too, but you won't, because you're a troll.

lol..'need'....uh no.

I've had classic vehicles with tires that were 20+ years old and in decent shape.
I wouldn't recommend a road trip on tires that old, but if they are protected from the sun and maintained they can last a helluva long time.

I don't have a care in the world about these new tires. they'll be fine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ran two successive sets of Nokian 245/85/16 mud/snow fairly aggressive tread on the big Dodge for bad weather driving up in the high country. They were excellent.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Now that the speed limit is 80 on our local interstates, people drive 90 (+).

If you are driving that fast, tire integrity must be more critical.

I'm the guy driving 60-65 in the slow lane....sorry.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I cut the tag off a mattress once. Never again!

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Those are DEATH TRAPS...

Like democrats demanding that Donald Trump be publicly castrated because he combs over his hair from right to left...

... so that means you are nothing but a troll to be running your mouth towards me concerning this topic.

WOW...

That was extremely uncalled for.

Go fugh you and your stupid ass state of Texas.

Or carry your fat ass out to Virginia and we'll sort this out man to hysterical menopausal Texas bytch.

Last edited by CashisKing; 10/18/20.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Folks were running 20+ year old tires........

But that was just short stretches........at Bonneville Salt Flats

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

There was a Tire thread SamOlson started here last year, that a lot of people became educated about riding on tires past their life cycle DOT date with tread remaining:

In that thread I provided information too, like Discount Tire will NOT mount a tire that is over 5 years old past DOT date. Harley dealers will not test ride a bike they have worked on if they are over 6 years past DOT date, some use 5 years as the cutoff.

You were in SamOlson's tire thread commenting, so you are fully aware of the facts above I just mentioned,
so that means you are nothing but a troll to be running your mouth towards me concerning this topic.

WOW...

That was extremely uncalled for.

Go fugh you and your stupid ass state of Texas.

Or carry your fat ass out to Virginia and we'll sort this out man to hysterical menopausal Texas bytch.

You compare me to a democrat, AND you chop out the bold part of my post above which proves you were trolling me, just like ALL closet democrats do. People like you, and closet democrats never can debate the facts when they prove you wrong. Always have to obfuscate and cut out the part of posts proving you wrong.

Go pizz off clown.

You're the one pointing people to go buy tires they could get killed on running 70-75 MPH down the highway, after they become unsafe in 1 year, and being fully aware of the DOT date expiring from the tire thread from last year.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by broomd

lol..'need'....uh no.

I've had classic vehicles with tires that were 20+ years old and in decent shape.
I wouldn't recommend a road trip on tires that old, but if they are protected from the sun and maintained they can last a helluva long time.

I don't have a care in the world about these new tires. they'll be fine.

This thread wasn't about unloading a classic / show car you cruise around the neighborhood in or farm vehicles that never leave the farm, and everyone knows that.

Nice try, but no cigar.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do these tires have some sort of self-destruct device?

Just because our nanny government says they can't be sold after a certain date doesn't make them suddenly unsafe. Ten years is a far more realistic life for good to excellent tires.

If government "experts" say not to SELL them after a certain date it stands to reason that a realistic serviceable lifetime exists after the sell-by date. These aren't fish fillets or hamburger.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
DOT mandated manufacture dates on tires starting in 2000. What happened before that? Was there a rash of crashes attributed to old tires prior to that?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
188 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 15 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,909
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.