Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: jackmountain] #15321947 10/17/20
F
funshooter Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I like the Grease gun thing
I had a wet patch role around the ball on my 10ga. Blunderbuss at a Mountain man camp years back
It covered the touch hole.
I did not know what to do about it at the camp and was going to take it home to fix the situation
One of the Camp members came to my rescue.
He packed some FFFFFFF ya that's right 7F powder in the touch hole lit it off with a match and SHSHHSHSHSHSHPOP
and it was cleared

BP-B2

Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: LeroyBeans] #15322003 10/17/20
RiverRider Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Ha ha! what a [bleep]' dumbass. God damn, you just can't make this [bleep] up.

Prob’ly you ain’t fired muzzleloader much, stuff getting stuck is sorta common when you’re shoving stuff down a blind-ended tube.

I don’t clean with a wooden ramrod, they can break.

Shoving an insufficiently lubed or dry tight-fitting patch down the barrel will stick at the breech most every time, even in a clean barrel. I have found pouring a little water down the barrel unsticks a stuck patch most every time.

Pro 'ly you'd be wrong, and I've had things stick a little, but busting off ramrod takes talent in the stupids department.

Never stuck anything in a clean barrel. Doubt you have either, you just thought it was clean but it rusted because you were wrong.

Fuckwad supreme is what you are.

Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Give a communist a helicopter ride, he flies for an afternoon. Throw a communist out of a helicopter and he flies for the rest of his life.....

Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: High_Noon] #15322246 10/18/20
milespatton Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
High Noon, I am on here daily. Don't always have anything to say, but I read a lot of posts. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: jackmountain] #15322347 10/18/20
M
Magnum_Bob Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Jack, you learned something all ways a good deal. One time I was checking out the bore of a Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle with a brass bore lite. I turned it on and dropped it in, it stuck. Didn't know they had a tapered powder chamber. Unscrewed the nipple and put some 3fg in there reinstalled the nipple, capped it and shot it out. Now I use Thill bobber lights or the archery nock lights and no more problems. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: Magnum_Bob] #15322354 10/18/20
jackmountain Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Jack, you learned something all ways a good deal. One time I was checking out the bore of a Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle with a brass bore lite. I turned it on and dropped it in, it stuck. Didn't know they had a tapered powder chamber. Unscrewed the nipple and put some 3fg in there reinstalled the nipple, capped it and shot it out. Now I use Thill bobber lights or the archery nock lights and no more problems. MB

Lit nock is a good idea. Wish I’d have bought one of the Browning mountain rifles when they were reasonable. Nice guns.

Theyre creepy bastards that are feeling you out. If all goes right, yall strike up a confidence and next thing you know youre at his house, in his cistern being fattened up so he can make a ladysuit out of you.
-Slumlord
IC-A

Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: jackmountain] #15322375 10/18/20
kaywoodie Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ramrods break all the time. Especially T/C wooden ramrods. Sometimes they just break as they are not made of the proper wood. They are full of crossgrain and such. Hickory would be an improvement. They can break too, but they are a bit harder to break.

If you are a muzzleloader and you've never broken a ramrod, you haven’t been shooting them much.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

Jagdverein der lustigen Hüte

Hunting with wore out guns since before it was trendy!

If it isn’t baroque, don’t fix it
Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: Magnum_Bob] #15322378 10/18/20
kaywoodie Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

It’s called a patent breech. Original Hawken rifles had patent breeches.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

Jagdverein der lustigen Hüte

Hunting with wore out guns since before it was trendy!

If it isn’t baroque, don’t fix it
Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: jackmountain] #15322394 10/18/20
C
CashisKing Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You could weld a drywall screw on the end of a long steel rod.

This might have been suggested before... I admit I did not read all of the comments.

If you spend your life acting the victim, your award will always be a busted nose.
Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: jackmountain] #15322565 10/18/20
R
ringworm Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Get a steel cleaning rod and a JB a drill bit to it. Put it down the barrel and slowly drill a hole into the jag as deep as you can.
Once hole is drilled use the other end of the cleaning rod and cover it with JB weld and insert into the drilled holes.
Let set.
Spray kroil down the barrel and heat the section with the stuck jag with a heat gun. Vice grip the cleaning rod at the muzzle and lever it out slowly.

"Make you a sword of me!"
Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: jackmountain] #15322608 10/18/20
L
LeroyBeans Offline
Campfire Guide
Campfire Guide
L
Well, by know, ol' Jackoff must have that barrel ruined permanently. What a dumbass.

Everyday, just when it's finally become clear who is the dumbest of the dumb here, along comes some dickweed that is even dumb still.

What a contest to the bottom! Who can beat Jackinoffmountinass?

Say Good Bye to Donald; he's gone. Gone like a '57 Cadillac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-R9odBFWo&ab_channel=TheMusicMan4111
IC-B

Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: LeroyBeans] #15322618 10/18/20
deflave Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
SheRoy,

Not everything can be as resilient as your vagina.

LOL

Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: deflave] #15322641 10/18/20
L
LeroyBeans Offline
Campfire Guide
Campfire Guide
L
deflave, you need to find a new gig. This one is old and worn out. You used to be funny but now you're just stupid. Must be something in that florida water, I guess. Only a dumbass like you would move to florida.

Say Good Bye to Donald; he's gone. Gone like a '57 Cadillac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-R9odBFWo&ab_channel=TheMusicMan4111
Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: jackmountain] #15323232 10/18/20
rem shooter Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Had a CO2 unloader but no cartridge, I’m not mixing gun powder and alcohol, so I tried the grease gun and it worked like a charm.

Question 2:
What’s the best way to clean all that grease out of my barrel now?
Best replacement wood ramrod?
i had a wood rod break on me ,,. wont use again ,it almost speared my hand ,have heard of that happening ,..now use a sold brass rod at range ,and a fiberglass rod with pinned ends for the jag ,so they wont pull off ,i think i got it off of October Country ,or track of the wolf websites

Last edited by rem shooter; 10/18/20.

NRA Life Member Molon Labe
Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: LeroyBeans] #15323341 10/18/20
deflave Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
deflave, you need to find a new gig. This one is old and worn out. You used to be funny but now you're just stupid. Must be something in that florida water, I guess. Only a dumbass like you would move to florida.

SheRoy,

I’d love to read more of your opinions on all things firearms and “funny.”

LOL

Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: jackmountain] #15323412 10/18/20
L
luv2safari Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
L
I scanned through this...very informative.

I'm curious as to whether the barrel has a removable threaded breech plug? I've done the few grains of 3F several times and removed a breech plug from a CVA Hawkenesque gun to remove stuck balls, etc.

Hunt with Class and Classics

"Doing nothing is hard. You never know when you're done"

“If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.”

Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: LeroyBeans] #15324068 10/18/20
jackmountain Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, by know, ol' Jackoff must have that barrel ruined permanently. What a dumbass.

Everyday, just when it's finally become clear who is the dumbest of the dumb here, along comes some dickweed that is even dumb still.

What a contest to the bottom! Who can beat Jackinoffmountinass?

Lot of good ideas put forth on this thread, they only apply to a broken ramrod stuck in a barrel though Leroy.
Please don't apply any of the above methods to free the broken rubber dick you have stuck in your Anus.

Theyre creepy bastards that are feeling you out. If all goes right, yall strike up a confidence and next thing you know youre at his house, in his cistern being fattened up so he can make a ladysuit out of you.
-Slumlord
Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: rem shooter] #15324071 10/18/20
jackmountain Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I scanned through this...very informative.

I'm curious as to whether the barrel has a removable threaded breech plug? I've done the few grains of 3F several times and removed a breech plug from a CVA Hawkenesque gun to remove stuck balls, etc.

Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Had a CO2 unloader but no cartridge, I’m not mixing gun powder and alcohol, so I tried the grease gun and it worked like a charm.

Question 2:
What’s the best way to clean all that grease out of my barrel now?
Best replacement wood ramrod?
i had a wood rod break on me ,,. wont use again ,it almost speared my hand ,have heard of that happening ,..now use a sold brass rod at range ,and a fiberglass rod with pinned ends for the jag ,so they wont pull off ,i think i got it off of October Country ,or track of the wolf websites

I'll definitely be replacing with something similar.

-Slumlord
Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: jackmountain] #15324097 10/18/20
sse Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
put the barrel in a vice, remove the nipple, drizzle some BP into the drum, makes no difference, two to four Fg, re-install the nipple. it won't be coming out of there very fast, but have something it can safely hit and not ricochet, etc . Wear eye and ear protection. shouldn't even bulge the barrel because your not using much powder.

The Word Association Game thread, gone but not forgotten...

Regards, sse

Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: jackmountain] #15324344 10/18/20
deflave Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Talk guns and SheRoy gets REAL quiet....

LOL

Re: How the he’ll do I fix this? [Re: ElkSlayer91] #15324345 10/18/20
C
CashisKing Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Read the directions on the can of Gunk, and see what the maximum soak / exposure time is. You might not be able to leave it soaking overnight without destroying the barrel.

You're too ignorant to change the batteries in your own vibrator

If you spend your life acting the victim, your award will always be a busted nose.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1
Who's Online Now
830 registered members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 100grNP, 1234, 06hunter59, 98 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 925 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.