Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
TF49 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
A bit long, but it really is the reader’s digest version.....

Got to church a little bit late, pastor met me at the door and said there was a “weirdo” inside. Ok.... so I go in and see this guy.

Has black athletic shoes on.... loose fitting thin black fluffy pants.... and draped over his head...a black satin type cloth..... completely covering his head and and goes down to his knees.... but belted at the waist.....kinda a black sheet poncho.

Guy had just walked straight in like he owned the place.... started taking pictures......

Couple of members are already talking with him.... he said he was just “here”....meaning the church.... refused to take off the sheet.... refused to give a name or believable purpose for being there.

I get up next to him as his hands are still concealed... asked him if he was armed.,,, he only mumbled so I frisked him.... while I was doing this he again ....said he just wanted to be there..... I told him “No, you’re leaving right now”.... He then gave me an Islamic greeting...”Selama Alaikam”.......and put his hands together and bowed..... two church members each take an elbow and out he goes.

He then walks quickly away....wait a minute, .not so fast. We’re not done here.......so one church member follows him on foot..... one had already called the police....and another shadowed he and the following church member in his car......

Guy knew he was being followed and started to walk very fast to get away.

Guy walks several hundred yards up the road, then cut into the river bottom on a city hiking trail. Tail car can’t follow but our “follower” stays with him....guy goes about a half mile down this trail and a cop shows up....a bit later, a second cop shows up.

Cop makes him take off the belt and hood and begins to question him..... Our follower sees his face for the first time....25-30 years old.... Caucasian... dirty blond hair and ragged facial hair..... guy complains to the cop about being booted and says “shouldn’t they have welcomed me, isn’t that what they are supposed to do?” Turns out he was not armed.

Anyway, he and the cop talk for a bit and cop lets him go. Cop tells our follower that the guy did not seem angry or upset.... did not act like some zealot barely able to contain himself.... not on drugs.... just a bit odd,and goofy....as he not break any laws, he had to let him go. Cop says they will do a background on him and send out an alert. Ok.... cop says if he shows up again to call again.... our follower assures him that the church will call but by the time the police arrive, there’s a really good chance the situation will already be resolved.

So, odd dress, taking pictures, odd behavior.... tried to “evade” upon departure..... Islamic greeting..... What?

I wonder if he was a.....scout .....checking on our security response in view of some future action...... IDK.....a dupe under someone else’s tutelage?

Word being put out to area churches tomorrow.... probably double up on our in church security.

Last edited by TF49; 10/18/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Second coming maybe???

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dammit Gus! I told you to quit scaring people like that.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
TF49, where are you located?

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
He could have been anything from some anti Christianity goof ball trying to get a rise out of the church to a full blown terrorist. It sounds like he was more just a weirdo out to make a scene and play some game. The churches response given the times that we live in was spot on. Minimal drama in how things were handled but at the same time you were able to get the police involved to run his info and hopefully make it known that if he comes back he’s trespassing that’s about best you could do.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I sure am glad that we started a security team at church a few years ago. We actually train for this kind of crap. It is just a matter of time before we run into something like this. Sounds like you all handed it pretty well.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I have greeted for over 10 yrs. I have not had that , however, I have seen some weird people that we kept an eye on . One kept coming back and ha became a christian . He stayed about a year and then was gone. .

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What would Jesus do?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
What would Jesus do?

Be compassionate but not play games with someone out to potentially cause harm.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
What would Jesus do?

interesting question.............. when you read about HIM.... most got it wrong!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What would Jesus do?

He'd call Flave.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Where was this all happening?

T
TF49 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Ok.... have had that same question.

Loveland, Colorado

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beat his ass and tell him "Jesus told me to beat the devil out of you"

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
See if he’s hungry and offer him a sausage and bacon sandwich. Anyone that refuses that should be shot anyway....😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by TF49
Ok.... have had that same question.

Loveland, Colorado

You should've pointed him in the direction of the fires, and told him Jesus is waiting for him...and said it to him in Islamic.

Seriously, him speaking Isbombic, you guys need to never let him close to the doors ever again.

That "IS" a "tell" you do not need to ignore.

It isn't worth it, and if he keeps approaching with concealed hands, you know what to do.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Should have shot the SOB!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sounds like a lot of judgmental people at that church.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Crucify Him!

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d guess some mental issues. Mid 20’s is a common age for mental disease to surface. Often they haven’t been diagnosed or treated yet.

Ace had the right idea. Offer him a a sandwich and let him know you too can hear the voices. Hope he ain’t got a bomb.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
702 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 81 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.