Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
How about only sell to/buy from reputable members with a long history of integrity on the ‘Fire?

Works for me!

Yowsir!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
No FFL I know wants to act as an escrow agent.
Few sellers want to ship without having received funds.
This overly complicates a simple process.
Hard pass.™

For sure.

Originally Posted by geedubya
How about only sell to/buy from reputable members with a long history of integrity on the ‘Fire?

Works for me!

Yowsir!

GWB

Same here.

E
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
1 - Buyer emails contract to Seller and FFL agent to alert FFL agent a transaction has started.

(5 SECONDS to read email)

4 – Buyer goes to Post Office > buys USPO MO > mails funds > sends email to seller and FFL agent with tracking number, and picture of MO and sealed envelope that was mailed.

(10 SECONDS to read email and look at attachments: picture of money order and tracking number) if the FFL even bothers to click on attachments, since he knows his client already and trusts him / her.

5 – Seller emails buyer, and FFL agent he has received funds.

(5 SECONDS to read email)

A whopping total of 20 SECONDS extra for the FFL’s time, and you guys say this is too much extra time…blah…blah…blah…too much hassle.

That is laughable when you look at the above extra time I just posted here proving it is no more than 20 seconds.

Laughable.

That means you guys, and one of you is a sock puppet with only 3x posts after joining on 1-26-2016 and not posting anything in 2016, 2017, 2018, then late starting in 2019 ….that means you guys are just trolling this thread.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

E
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by pyscodog
If I was selling and you ask me to go through all this, I'd tell you to pound sand. Doesn't mean I was scamming anyone, just a PITA to me.

Who’s sock puppet are you, troll?

Re: Savage Single Shot long action
Free Classifieds
12/29/19
Re: FS extremely nice custom FN Mauser .243
Free Classifieds
11/27/19
Re: Anyone have a coupon for Boyd's stocks?
Free Classifieds
11/07/19
Re: Flashing Envelope ?
Talk To Webmaster
01/26/16

"He is far from Stupid"

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
SCAMMER SPIKE ™

SCOPE: To ensure a buyer is fully protected from a fraudulent firearm sale, from a seller who has no selling history or is new to a forum.

STEP 1: Disclose to the seller you will purchase his item, and your FFL licensed agent will act as the escrow agent in the transfer of the funds. Tell the seller he will send the gun to the FFL agent / Escrow agent to ensure item is as described and once the buyer accepts, the FFL agent / Escrow agent will then release funds with a tracking number, and the firearm will not be transferred until the tracking number shows delivery of funds. Buyer needs to communicate to the seller that a FFL licensed person would never risk losing their FFL license through fraud, theft of their gun, over a transfer fee / Escrow agent fee on one simple gun purchase. An offense would include multiple Federal Felony crimes with mandatory jail time.

If the seller balks at this point, the buyer walks, and saves themselves from grief, because the above is a simple business transaction that protects parties, and if he will not allow you to protect yourself, then you saved time and money.

STEP 2: Depending on how good of a relationship the buyer has with his FFL agent, he could possibly perform the leg work for the agent in mailing funds, and acquiring the tracking number to save on costs from the FFL agent.

Example: Usage of cellular phone camera to take picture of USPS Money Order, and tracking number label on sealed envelope texted / emailed to agent before being mailed or whatever other way you both decide to be simple for proof you mailed funds.

STEP 3: Email a contract to the seller disclosing the steps above that will be taken, and listing the FFL agent as the escrow agent, and a link to an online government list showing the FFL’s location the gun will be mailed to, so he will be comfortable. Have seller agree to terms of sale by returning an “I AGREE” to the terms listed in the email.

STEP 4: Example contract to be emailed to Seller:

SALES CONTRACT

I, [ Name of Seller ], after having received in hand the amount of [ Spell out Dollar Amount “CAPITALIZED” DOLLARS, ($xxx.xxx) ], sell the below described items to [ Print Buyer’s Name ].

I agree to [Name of FFL Licensed agent ] acting as the escrow agent for the transfer of monies in this sales transaction. I will mail the items described to be purchased below, to the FFL agent’s address provided to me, [ Print FFL Address Here ] where the agent will accept or deny.

ITEM/S TO BE PURCHASED:

Model Number:

Serial Number:

MISC:

By stating “I AGREE”, WE, the SELLER and BUYER, accept the terms above.

SELLER: I AGREE

BUYER: I AGREE

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Conclusion: Obviously you are free to modify the above contract to fit your specific sale if needed. I just wanted to provide a base example for buyers to have for their use.

I have used the above process before and did the leg work for the FFL, and it went smooth.

IT DOES WORK.

Copy and paste the above in a new thread in all other gun forums online, and have them pin it at the top of classified sections, and this “SCAMMER SPIKE” through the heart of scammers will stop the fraud overnight. When communicating with the new seller, just send a link in your communication to the pinned article above in the forum you are in online, if they have it pinned in that forum, and tell him this is the process you will use, and let them read it. This process can also be used for those who purchase on Armslist or any other online venue.

If they are legit, they will have zero problems, because it will only build their credibility, and actually, it might be a good idea for both the seller and buyer to announce in the sale thread they are using the “SCAMMER SPIKE” in this sales transaction, so everyone online will become educated in the process.

Someone call Rick Bin or email him, and have him pin this here. Let's get some protection for you guys.

Elkslayer cannot be trusted in any way shape or form he's a bold-faced liar

Last edited by CashisKing; 10/18/20.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NH K9

Every legit seller started with a zero sales history, so if your advice is followed the door is shut, right?

No new member has a right to sell an item, right?

Sure he does, it's just a matter of whether his item is worth the potential risk of not. If not for me, likely someone else will.
Personally, I generally take Pharm's approach.

Yup.

MAGA
E
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Sorry you guys had to see this guy get off his meds tonight, for getting caught lying in the link below in the doctors at the USSC thread in the Hunter’s Campfire forum.

CashisKing sure is a real mental case.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ry-front-of-the-cv-19-fraud#Post15324378

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't you two fugging blockheads take it elsewhere? Quit ruining the fire with your butthurts....

E
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Why don't you two fugging blockheads take it elsewhere? Quit ruining the fire with your butthurts....

Why are you coming into this thread continuing it, when I didn't even start anything.

Why don't you take your blockhead elsewhere...

Like you'd stand back, and be silent, if some mentally sick idiot attempted to trash your name here in multiple forums with lies........Go find some idiot gullible enough to believe that line of crap, because it sure isn't me.

"He is far from Stupid"

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This would never work without the contract being notarized and an ISAOA ATIMA clause.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Elkslayer,

Not only should you not have guns.....

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I didn't know I had to have a certain number of posts before voicing an opinion. Excuse the hell out of me.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have few posts on the campfire but came over here from predatormasters because there is a lot of good info here and more going on in the classifieds. Few posts doesn’t equal a bad seller or buyer. Not sure how to totally weed them out but I don’t think post count is a great way.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Breakshunter
I have few posts on the campfire but came over here from predatormasters because there is a lot of good info here and more going on in the classifieds. Few posts doesn’t equal a bad seller or buyer. Not sure how to totally weed them out but I don’t think post count is a great way.

Post Count isn't the whole picture......... sold a scope to a buyer here, post count 9, he said the funds were on the way, so I sent the scope........ all went as planned. He sent the MO priority mail, which was the first time I've seen that.

Really wanted to buy an old weaver from a guy here, post count in the 1400s, pretty much made the deal, and then I saw him mentioned in a less than favorable light, just didn't want the aggravation so I backed out............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
E
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
This would never work without the contract being notarized and an ISAOA ATIMA clause.

Show the statute in the law where it wouldn’t work. I don’t know the law in all states, but there just might be some Communist State who does require extra hoops to jump through in this type of contract, but I doubt it.

Is a Notary required at a garage sale where you live if you decide to write a simple contract when you purchase an item?

Contracts are signed by homeowners for construction jobs every day without the need for a Notary. People buy items all of the time when going to meet, and use a simple contract as above without the requirements of a notary.

You posted real estate clauses. Last I knew, buying a gun isn’t dealing in real estate, and it isn’t a Will.

No notary needed, and no specified legal clauses are required.

Real simple. Someone might not ever need this to smoke out a scammer they don’t feel comfortable with, but if they need a tool, here it is and it works.

I haven’t seen anything else posted anywhere that would protect a person better, and if your FFL won’t spend an extra 20-30 seconds, as I pointed out a few posts back, then maybe find another FFL who will appreciate your business, because it does not take extra minutes, only a few seconds.

Just because a person produces pictures, and provides messages you request in the pictures doesn’t mean you still won’t get scammed either.

This method protects your money until the goods are in the FFL’s hands. Why would anyone want to gripe other than to just be a troll?

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I did make the mistake of reading this drivel and it is nothing like you represent. You clearly do not do transfers on a very regular basis.

Your first lie, because you have no facts to prove your lying mouth is right.

You are asking the FFL to jump through a lot of hoops. As currently set up an FFL needs mere minutes to deal with transactions if he is trying to move people through the doors. Typical fees for a transfer vary widely, but are often $50 or more. Now ask him to deal with seller, hold money and deliver after receipt, and make a judgement on whether the gun is as advertised. All of which take far more time than the actual transfer paper.

My posts in this thread addressing an extra 20-30 seconds for the FFL prove you're lying here for the second time.

Money issues, even related to firearms exchanges are civil matters and you would not get BATFE interested over a money squabble.
Your third lie here proves you have no clue about federal felony law.

I think it is a ridiculous idea... the answer to the question no one should or would ask...

I think you just were proven to be a trolling liar.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by cisco1
Elkslayer,

Not only should you not have guns.....

Put an empty Word Doc on your screen, and write a better system than I have provided here that protects a buyer 100%, and takes LESS TIME for the FFL, instead of running your mouth...then we can see who has the lower I.Q and shouldn't own guns....troll.

"He is far from Stupid"

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Elkslayer,

You are so right ! This is the only way to sell guns.

You must be a dem. politician.

GFY

E
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Elkslayer, You are so right ! This is the only way to sell guns.
You must be a dem. politician.

GFY

Elkslayer, Not only should you not have guns.....

Put an empty Word Doc on your screen, and write a better system than I have provided here that protects a buyer 100%, and takes LESS TIME for the FFL, instead of running your mouth...then we can see who has the lower I.Q and shouldn't own guns....troll.

Elkslayer, Not only should you not have guns.....

Put an empty Word Doc on your screen, and write a better system than I have provided here that protects a buyer 100%

Put an empty Word Doc on your screen, and write a better system than I have provided here that protects a buyer 100%

GFY

GFY

CHECKMATE.

"He is far from Stupid"

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
94 members (160user, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 1,657 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,766
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.