Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Wabigoon: The once wonderful, hard working, friendly, traditional valued city now known as "seattle" - what an absolute schithole it has turned into over the last 25 years.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Villa Alvarado Apartments San Pablo Ca. 1975.

Had to walk under the Interstate 80 freeway using a pedestrian tunnel to get to school.

That's some urban chit buddy let me tell you.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Times 3 for Houston Tx. Colonial house apts.specifically. Followed closely by shocked.P.I.
Pipeliner No. 5 ,Timberland block,Gulf of Mexico,was called a Ghetto barge for a reason.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by 79S
FOB Gardez, Afghanistan trust me it was no FOB. I remember when we got Bagram airbase. We had too do mandatory briefs. One was finance and to get the eagle card because where we were going we would have eagle card machine and load money on it so we could use it said card at the PX. Our squadron hq was headed to paktia province to FOB Gardez. The finance goons at bagram said yep px there.. Well we finally get to Shangra la and their isn’t chit their. The cav sqdn we replaced out of Campbell blew that joint.. all the amenities they talked about in bagram were non existent lol. You want to talk about even chittier places COP Wilderness, COP Herrera, COP Zormat, COP Dysey.. lord I’m having flashbacks lol..

I was across town at the Dyncorp RTC and mentored with the Border Police. It wasn't really to bad for us. I had a private room and a mess hall 25 yards away. Other than an occasional mortar and rocket attack.

kwg

Our sqdrn had a partnership with the ABP. So our CSM was partnered with the ABP equivalent. So we are COP Herrera our CSM wants to go see the Afghanistan/Pakistan border. So I get to go along with everyone else they can stuff into MRAPS off we go. Well we see the border numerous times ph uck actually ended up in Pakistan those Pakistan Soldiers eyes about bugged out when the saw us. Anyhow we go to a ABP check point CSM through our interpreter asks the
If they need anything. Well they start bitching their body armor sucks they want what we are wearing IOTV’s. CSM asks me and my bud to look at the ABP vests. Chit the stuff they had was better than our chit. Plate carriers made in America, the plates made in America. But those ABP wanted what we had because they thought it was better.

Last edited by 79S; 10/19/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Inkster Michigan, it was so bad that I took a transfer to Thule Greenland to get out of Inkster. Inkster was the two longest months of my life, the other two longest months were Fargo, ND in Feb and March, I took a transfer to Mobile AL to get out of Fargo. I ended up in Mobile for a year and one-half and enjoyed it very much.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In a van

down by the river

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bombay for a few weeks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AZmark
For a little over a year at Parker Dam (Colorado River) in the Govt housing (1930's build) at the dam, on the Cornholefornia side of the river no less. Hottest day we saw was around 122 in the summer and it actually snowed about a 1/2" in February that year, but that didnt last long. Circa 1984-85.

Interesting.

20 years later I lived about 120 miles upriver. For 5 years or so. But I don't consider it "the worst" place. Heck, I grew a serrano pepper plant there for about 3 years total. Any place I can grow peppers year round is OK with me. Very few times there was frost I just covered the shade structure with a blanket. So hot there in the summer our cold water came out of the tap at 104F. The taillight lenses on my Toyota truck got distorted from the heat coming off the black dock bumper.

This was a day in Aug 2005, nothing unusual.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lived in a 28' camping trailer in Juneau AK. Had the convenience store/gas station across the street go up in flames around midnite at about -2F on day. Thought we were going to have to evacuate. At that time, I lived through I think the wettest July on record, 8" more rain than a normal Aug, and just a regular wet Sept too. Sure was a big change from the above place. Before I found and bought the trailer I lived in a damp moldy basement room in one of the old timers at work place. And before I found that room I lived in a tent, in Aug the year before the wettest one. But I loved AK.

Lived in a tent for a few weeks in April in NW PA, then in a seedy motel room for a couple of weeks until I found a house for rent. A house, on a hill, above a RR yard with trains clanking and banging at 0200 many mornings. Getting up and down the hill in winter to get back and forth to work was "fun". But I loved PA, smallmouth fishing was great behind the Burger King in town, just climb over their guard rail and go down to the creek.

Lived in a motel in NE AZ, at around 6000-7000' with my wife, two dogs, and two cats. Until we found a 600 sq ft "cabin" to live in. Was like a giant studio. Then moved 8 miles out a "gravel" road onto the Rez to live. Getting to work in winter was fun too, the Rez road then up the hill 10 miles or so to town and work. But, I didn't have to mow my lawn but about 3 times in the year and a half we were there. Bull elk jumped the chain link fence to keep it mowed for me. Fishing and hunting in the area were pretty good too.........so again, not the worst place I lived.

Lived in an old 5th wheel camp trailer with an "addition" living room built on the side of it in coastal NorCal. hill behind it kept sliding down in the rain. Shallow well would run dry in the late summer, landlady had to have water trucked in to fill our tank. Last year I was there it rained 60" between Oct and May. Moss grew in the window tracks and around the floor boards of vehicles that sat for a week or two. Was almost impossible living in that place to keep guns from getting light rust, even getting them out and wiping them down once a month or so. But in the summer time I once looked around at the ocean, the redwood forest, the blue skies and thought "why would anyone ever want to leave here?". Then the rains return, and clouds all spring. Nope, not the worst.

Lived in a 17', 1977 Ford C class Motor Home for 8 months one spring/summer/fall in E WA. from well below freezing to about 105F with only a milk house heater for heat and a fan for cooling. Upgraded to better RVs/camp trailer over the 8 or so years I was there. With heat and A/C! But, pheasant hunting right outside the little housing area, just about 100 yds from my door. And fishing etc. Not the worst place to live.

I've lived a lot more places too, but I guess none qualify as the "worst"........................yet wink

No telling where I'll end up next, I hope it's no worse than all the other places.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
With my first wife!

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Columbus, Mississippi

I lived there for a year and I thought it was a great place.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If God were to give the world an enema...Parker Arizona is where the nozzle would go in.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The place I hated worst was 11 - 12 years in inner-city Chicago.

The worst in living conditions but I really didn't notice it at the time as it was more of an adventure to a kid was back in the early '50s when dad worked construction on the uranium enrichment plant down in the Paducah,KY. With thousands of other construction workers there too livable rentals of any kind within 50 miles were near impossible to find.

Ft. Polk, Tigerland was a close runner-up in living conditions and tied with Chicago.

N
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
Long beach, CA Dirty, expensive, high tax, restrictive far from most of the outdoors, I spent 4 years there while wife went to school.. miserable I will say that I did make a mint on the house we had tho.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
philly suburbs. fuggen polluted, crime ridden, crowded schit hole that i never want to see again.

My diploma is a DD214
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
New Jersey followed by North Haven CT.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 10/20/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jacksonville Florida. Where I am now..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I spent 4.5 months in Pinedale, Wyoming. Nope..... never again

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
I spent 4.5 months in Pinedale, Wyoming. Nope..... never again

Wow, you probably had no idea you were so close to heaven on earth. Best mountains, hiking, fishing, hunting in the lower 48.

Not too many women though if you're single.

Just curious, where would you say is better? I'd like to go there.

God Bless America
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Odessa texas.

I left Odessa in 1982, to this day I wonder why anyone not in prison, would stay there.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pascagoula, MS

if you've even just driven thru there you'd know.

I lived on the gulf coast for several years and I never adjusted to it. There were alot of positives, 70 degree days in February being nice and Mardi Gras, but it just wasn't home - And I never met so many worthless son of a bitches in my life.

Last edited by KFWA; 10/20/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (007FJ, 1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,659
Posts18,455,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.