Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by super T
HuntnShoot, I've have 500 9mm pistols ordered from RMR, Ordered them Aug.11th still waiting.

It's a sad deal. At least I can say that in my experience, they are worth the wait.

I wanted to load up a big batch of 9mm for my brother recently because he acquired a new handgun and carbine. I've got a few thousand primed brass, but no bullets. I almost put in an order anyway, but I figure I'll wait until the election is over to see if the wait will be worse or better. Maybe by next summer? I hope you get your order soon.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"The sky is going to fall, the sky is going to fall!"

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Yeah, if you can't make it go bang, powder and bullets aren't worth squat.

But if you have no bullets, primers aren't worth squat either. It's reloading interactive!

Originally Posted by 5sdad
"The sky is going to fall, the sky is going to fall!"

So, what's this unrest I keep hearing about? As a Canadian, I am wondering when it will start.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

So, what's this unrest I keep hearing about? As a Canadian, I am wondering when it will start.

Take a few hi-cap nines and a few AR's to your local range, Steve, and do some shooting. The unrest will become evident shortly.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
We are limited to 10 rounds in autoloading handguns. ARs are only allowed to be used at the range. No hunting. No dirt pile shooting.

I have seen the news coverage about your election, but since I don't live there, I'm not seeing or hearing it first hand. Media reporting isn't always trustworthy.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
HuntnShoot, my RMR 9mm bullets just came and with a handwritten note thanking me for waiting !!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by super T
HuntnShoot, my RMR 9mm bullets just came and with a handwritten note thanking me for waiting !!

Good deal! I like those guys a lot. Seem to be a group of genuine folks who are not only patriots, but also just good people.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I ordered a Contender carbine barrel from MGM in early March. At that time, their web page said to expect 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Long story short, after a bit of nudging in the form of a couple of emails that I sent them, I had my barrel in hand in early September. It was however, worth the wait. It is very well made, and quite accurate. Good luck.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Don't know, have enough ammunition, powder, primers, brass and bullets to last me the rest of my life, saw this coming WAY off, good luck to those that didn't.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After hearing all this talk about upcoming unrest it seems like a strong reason to keep our borders closed. It might help keep some of the trouble makers out of Canada.

Jim

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
After hearing all this talk about upcoming unrest it seems like a strong reason to keep our borders closed. It might help keep some of the trouble makers out of Canada.

Jim

LMAO, this coming from a progressive, gun control, Justin Trudeau loving country.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are thousands of us who don't love Trudeau, in fact we would love to be rid of him. As far as gun control measures go, while I don't like them I have never felt threatened anywhere I have traveled across our country to the point where I felt any need to go armed. Whether it is paranoia or actual need in your country I guess it depends upon where you are. Anyway as long as we are both happy about where we live I guess that is the important thing.

Jim

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slugflinger
I ordered a Contender carbine barrel from MGM in early March. At that time, their web page said to expect 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Long story short, after a bit of nudging in the form of a couple of emails that I sent them, I had my barrel in hand in early September. It was however, worth the wait. It is very well made, and quite accurate. Good luck.

Yes, I like their barrels. I have six. That includes a barrel screwed onto a bolt gun. smile

What I have learned over the years is patience. Whether an order is coming from the US or Europe, don't expect it tomorrow.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
How is your availability for most components, firearms parts, etc? Any shortages or slow delivery times?

I ordered a 30-303 barrel from MGM in June. My importer tells me that things are moving slowly. I thought it was because of the beer virus, but he says the US election has slowed things.

What are you seeing there?

I don't think the election has slowed anything. The beer virus however has interrupted manufacturing big time and also some delivery services. I need a new mower deck for a John Deere lawn mower and can't get it.....it's not just ammo components that are slowed badly.

We also have severe buying of reloading components and factory ammo due to the lootings and rioting and lawlessness going on and this causes shortages of many things when demand goes sky high. Handgun ammo and shotshell slugs and shotshell buckshot are nearly non existent. Some handguns are not available as are tactical shotguns and semi auto short rifles such as the sks and ak-47 style of guns Want a used M-1 carbine?.....go to the bank and take out a loan!!!! Americans are well armed but I seriously doubt that all but a few of the new gun buyers are capable of using them with any proficiency at all.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by vapodog
...We also have severe buying of reloading components and factory ammo due to the lootings and rioting and lawlessness going on and this causes shortages of many things when demand goes sky high. Handgun ammo and shotshell slugs and shotshell buckshot are nearly non existent. Some handguns are not available as are tactical shotguns and semi auto short rifles such as the sks and ak-47 style of guns Want a used M-1 carbine?.....go to the bank and take out a loan!!!! Americans are well armed but I seriously doubt that all but a few of the new gun buyers are capable of using them with any proficiency at all.

Geez, if it's not one thing it's another. smile I hope things settle down after the US election and the beer virus loses steam!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Glad I stocked up on components years back. Buckets of lead, bags and bags of shot, moulds, primers, powder. At 76, I might be set.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like others who read the tea leaves, I’m well-stocked, and “balanced”, that is I have enough of all categories of components to keep at it. Was at a small LGS last week and they had almost no ammo at all. Occasional spot checks online for primers are disappointing. I did get in line for some .223 back in August which is scheduled to arrive in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed on that!

Delivery times are all over the place. The worst are the hybrid shipping methods; stuff just disappears or hangs up en route, then suddenly arrives, or not. OTOH, a rifle I bought from a shop in Alaska shipped via Priority Mail on a Friday, and arrived at my dealer Tuesday, two days ahead of schedule. Regrettably, he had just gotten a COVID exposure notification and can’t turn it over until his isolation period is over.

BTW, I had the seller pack that one in a cheap hard case because of all the damaged parcels I’ve received. $30 extra was cheap insurance, and I have the case to boot. Wouldn’t be surprised if the folks who work in shipping are starting to feel the pressure and getting a bit careless.

On a positive note; I stopped at the grocery for some stuff yesterday and for the first time in months, did NOT buy any just-in-case TP.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 358WCF
[quote=Huntz]

I keep hearing this but where's all the loaded ammo?

On pallets in people’s basements—right along side the 22lr ammo, primers, and toilet paper............

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am all set, and have not looked to buy any reloading supplies. lately. Have sold some bullets that people were looking for and I was not using.

After reading this thread I perused a couple of sites and inventory looks bleak. Like others have stated riots, virus and election are all playing into this current situation.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by 358WCF
[quote=Huntz]

I keep hearing this but where's all the loaded ammo?

On pallets in people’s basements—right along side the 22lr ammo, primers, and toilet paper............

It’s interesting that every time there’s a shortage people start blaming it on hoarding. I haven’t bought powder or primers in 6 years since I retired. Stocked up on those. Still have 10 flats of bulk 22LR the last that were bought in 2007, but did replace 3 flats that I gave away during the shortage to our clubs Appleseed program for youth and ladies learning to shoot.
Started buying 556 ammo when PSA was selling it with a 50.00 per can rebate which brought 55 grain down to 23 cents and 62 grain to 30. I couldn’t reload it for cheaper. Got about 6000 rounds of each. Hoarding? No way, just smart buying.
Now you want to know why no loaded ammo, pull your head out of the sand. 5 million + new gun owners since July. All buying loaded ammo and when they ran out of that reloading components. Pandemic shut down the factories as I said earlier Hornady was shut down for 3 months.
If you haven’t got ammo or components it’s your own short sightedness that caused it.

Swifty
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

243 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 257 mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 280ACKIMP, 32 invisible), 1,285 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,550
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.