Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Originally Posted by jdunham
Polls today are meant to influence people, not reflect the opinion of them.

Would you believe a poll that said Trump was up ten points over B? Just asking?

Why would you believe a known and repeated liar, regardless of what he or she said? You are the one citing these "sources" that are not even dubious. They are simply propaganda, planned, created, and purchased.

That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to hold it, wrong though it maybe.

Would you believe an average of all National polls showing T up by 10 points. Just axtin.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I did a total of 15 years between my time in the Marine Corps and instruction for the DOD. Since that time I have also been very active in matters of law and policy in both state and local levels, in Nevada, Idaho and Wyoming.
You?

"Armed Forces" is a large area.
What branch and what MOS? Tell us about the risks you took.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I served 20 years in the armed forces. Care to share your CV with the crowd?

The Coast Guard?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by jdunham
Polls today are meant to influence people, not reflect the opinion of them.

Would you believe a poll that said Trump was up ten points over B? Just asking?

Why would you believe a known and repeated liar, regardless of what he or she said? You are the one citing these "sources" that are not even dubious. They are simply propaganda, planned, created, and purchased.

That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to hold it, wrong though it maybe.

Would you believe an average of all National polls showing T up by 10 points. Just axtin.

My opinion? Facts are not opinions. That you can't tell the difference tells me everything I need to know.

Straightforward stuff, really. You're just a brainwashed moron who can't discern the difference between fact and fiction.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Facts are usually backed up by more facts not just your opinion. Please give your sources for your supposed "facts".

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I should qualify my remarks and "tones" here:

I may have misspoke, but then again--------- I may be 100% spot on.

I mean no open disrespect at all, but I don't believe doing the same things wrong, over several decades, will make them work right.

In reading the posts of Paul Barnard over the past months and years I believe I see an overtone of compliance with the status quo, and going along to get along. I may be wrong, and if I am (and I hope I am) I'll apologize here, now, to Mr Barnard, in front of all the readership. If holding to the status quo and going along to get along are not the ways of Mr Barnard then I sincerely and respectfully apologize here, now in front of God and man.

But if I am right I wish to point out the facts, and encourage all who read my writing to act instead of just waiting for someone else to fix their issues for them.

Government is not going to do it and anyone with the attention span of 1 hour or an IQ higher then about 45 would see that it's the policies of those in government that CAUSED 100% of the issues we see today, so thinking those same folks and institutions are going to fix them is insane. If they could and if they wanted to fix them .......they'd be fixed already!

I replied to the post I have read so many times about "not being willing to die on that hill" and I have read and heard that quote hundreds of times in my life, written and spoken by dozens of people. Yet in 100% of the cases I have experienced (so far) in the last 45+ years, EVERY ONE that ever said that to me or to anyone never fought any battles at all for a righteous cause. Dying on the hill is not a forgone conclusion. Fighting the battle is how someone wins and it can be you as much as it can be them. But you never win if you don't take a stand. Not taking a stand IS cooperation with the communists. I have done it both in real wars (been hit 4 times) and also several times in courts and in front of legislatures in 3 states. So far I have won more then I lost.

Does that mean Mr Barnard is a coward? NO!

But it means he wrote the exact line I have seen come from cowards many, man, many, many times. Hence my emotions.

I believe no one (yet) needs to die, but I also believe if you will not fight on small issues you absolutely will not do so on bigger and more dangerous ones. Does any one believe that facing a contest by standing for a cause that may cost you 1-3 days, or a few dozen or hundred dollars is too scary, but facing death or destruction of your nation is something that same person will do---- is reasonable or realistic? Does that man exist? The Bible tells us all that those that can't be trusted in small things can't ever be trusted in big things.

If you look at the brewing storm all over the nation anyone with an IQ as high a goldfish knows the conflict is coming because the Marxists are emboldened and on the offensive. The reason (and the ONLY reason) they have such courage and momentum now is because ordinary citizens DID NOTHING before now.

It is insane to think we'd have be a population of free men who are self reliant and self sufficient and yet need government to manage us and can tell us to do nonsensical things with no laws, no proof of the science, and a bunch of proof the policy is harmful.

Freedom is a result of who you are at the core. The body follows the mind and convictions, not the other way around. Going along to get along with overt subjugation is parallel to making more holes in your ship's hull to allow the water to drain out. How do you think you lost what you (or your fathers) had in the 1st place?

Hence my statement of "there is not such a thing as a temporary lapse in integrity". Integrity is not something you put on and off. It's who you are at the core, and a lack of it is who and what you are NOT!

So if that brings offense to Paul, I apologize ONLY if such offense is unwarranted. AND EVEN IF THE REMARK IS 100% WARRANTED it something that can be changed by conviction and commitment. Many if not most of the great men of history did that exact thing as soon as they saw they needed to and that they'd been wrong in the past. All of us can be remarkable if we simply choose to be. I would just LOVE to be misguided and prejudiced by the statement of "not being willing to die on that hill". I am human and if I spoke out of turn I am willing to admit my wrongs.

But if I am correct about people saying that are actually not being willing to take any stand at all, well I'll let the future prove who was right. Both the coming history and the Holy God will be our judges.

Last edited by szihn; 10/20/20.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by szihn

What branch and what MOS? Tell us about the risks you took.

2 years in the Army as an FO and 18 in the CG.

"But are there any so far ...........ever...........you were willing to fight on? A real fight? One in which you could actually loose something? Even one?"

To answer that question, I was willing to fight on any hill that I was told to fight on. On the domestic front, I was involved in a variety of law enforcement operations, and I ran the rescue boats. I also served as a reserve deputy for the Harrison County MS SO for a short period of time before Katrina hit and tossed my world upside down.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Szihn---Well said. Would that more people on this forum were as well spoken, erudite, polite, and generally of good cheer as you are. Respectfully, Spanokopitas

www.paracay.com

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thank you Sir, that was kind to say.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,654
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.