Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Hope the Yankees and left coasters are aware of how hot and humid it is here in Floriduh. And that we have a lot of poisonous snakes. And lizards that will eat them. And sharks. And Crackers. Lots of Crackers.

And hurricanes. And we’re the thunderstorm capital of the US. And skeeters, ticks, chiggers, noseeums, and fireants.

It's been raining for a day and a half down here. Hey, but that keeps the bugs from biting.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
BP-B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by TBREW401
And they Californicate every damn place they move to!!

They sure do, without exception. They may think they are "conservative". In fact they are just a bit less onerous liberals and don't have a clue.

Case in point:

My new neighbor out here bought out a great neighbor with the fortune they made on their small older house in Monterey CA. He's a nice guy, retired from his state government job and raising his 8 y/o grandson who was a crack baby. He wants to fit in, but it will never happen.

The first things he asked me were where does he go to license his dogs out here in the county (nobody does that here) and where he goes to register his two guns.

Is it any wonder why we hate Californians?

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Brazos

Originally Posted by 1Longbow
Please move somewhere else. Washington, Or Oregon

GFY!

Thank you!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dat's mean, funny too but mean.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've read up on the situation a bit. From what I understand, the two places that are losing population fast is California and New York City. The Californians are moving to Texas, Idaho, and Arizona. The New York City refugees mostly stay in the New England region.

Generally speaking, the southeast is regarded by them as being redneck Trump country and that's largely true.

As for Kentucky, California liberals would be a loose fit for Lexington and to a lesser extent Louisville.

The rest of the state is a very bad cultural fit for Californians. New York City folks wouldn't get along here at all.

Fortunately, they all seem to understand that.

Seems most of the NE liberals run out of gas in either N.C. or VA

Looking more and more forward to landing in Tennessee full time.
All we do when there is look at properties anymore.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
Please move somewhere else. Washington, Or Oregon

Maybe China or Russia, they tend to want total government control anyway.

Having recently lived in China as well as currently living in California, I can honestly say if you're not openly criticizing the CCP, there's probably less control in China than CA. No [bleep].

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We need to build a wall around Texas to keep the riffraff out.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Been in Utah since '79...transplant from W PA...never looked back

Had a good long career with UPS....retired 9 yrs now...so living in Podunk is not an issue

Wife has good secure job with the State....few yrs to retire

Employment will determine where you live in most cases...

Living 3 hrs from the Wasatch Front Zoo & traffic is close enough for me

My location has two seasons..summer & winter....wind & more wind

Elevation may be an issue to some flat landers too....not to be over looked

I can go 30 minutes east....or west...on the Kawi SxS...and disappear in the vast empty public land Utah

That's what is great about being here !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I always enjoy your posts and pics of life there. Good stuff.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And back to the OT.

What a lot of the other 49 staters forget, or fail to realize, is that California has been the gold rush state for 170 years. People come here to make a fortune, then head elsewhere. More than likely, those "Califernicators" you despise, weren't born and raised in California. Instead, like the majority of the state's current population, they came from one of the other 49 states, or from some other country first.

Tracy mentioned San Francisco and its numbskull government, brought on by people trying to move to Paris, but didn't make it across the Atlantic. What he failed to mention is the exact numbers.

I did the rideshare driver thing for a couple years before my current temporary semi-retirement. I drove in SF probably 3-4 days a week, and spent a good time chatting with passengers. My informal empirical polling showed that 80% weren't even native Californians and that 5% or less were born in SF. LA and SF are not so different in these regards. And this is where the majority of the state voting block lives. 9 SF bay counties, and the 4-5 down south (LA, Orange, SD, Ventura, and maybe San Bernadino?)

So, please remember, the odds are that those damned "Califernicators" probably aren't originally from California. Instead, they're just more of those people that came to CA to make their stake and then move on to greener pastures. As has been done for nearly two centuries now.

At any rate, Ranger Green has me beat. While we're both leaving the state and ex-wives behind, I'm not out of here for another 6 years unless my ex decides that I was actually right, and this geographical paradise is rapidly going down the toilet and decides to move. But I know, where ever I go I hope that a local will absolutely punch my lights out if I ever say "Well, that's not how we did it back where I'm from...." Seriously, those words ought to be the get out of jail free card for any assault charge.

Scott

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
And back to the OT.

What a lot of the other 49 staters forget, or fail to realize, is that California has been the gold rush state for 170 years. People come here to make a fortune, then head elsewhere. More than likely, those "Califernicators" you despise, weren't born and raised in California. Instead, like the majority of the state's current population, they came from one of the other 49 states, or from some other country first.

Tracy mentioned San Francisco and its numbskull government, brought on by people trying to move to Paris, but didn't make it across the Atlantic. What he failed to mention is the exact numbers.

I did the rideshare driver thing for a couple years before my current temporary semi-retirement. I drove in SF probably 3-4 days a week, and spent a good time chatting with passengers. My informal empirical polling showed that 80% weren't even native Californians and that 5% or less were born in SF. LA and SF are not so different in these regards. And this is where the majority of the state voting block lives. 9 SF bay counties, and the 4-5 down south (LA, Orange, SD, Ventura, and maybe San Bernadino?)

So, please remember, the odds are that those damned "Califernicators" probably aren't originally from California. Instead, they're just more of those people that came to CA to make their stake and then move on to greener pastures. As has been done for nearly two centuries now.

At any rate, Ranger Green has me beat. While we're both leaving the state and ex-wives behind, I'm not out of here for another 6 years unless my ex decides that I was actually right, and this geographical paradise is rapidly going down the toilet and decides to move. But I know, where ever I go I hope that a local will absolutely punch my lights out if I ever say "Well, that's not how we did it back where I'm from...." Seriously, those words ought to be the get out of jail free card for any assault charge.

Scott

Scott, your comparisons of out of staters to California being a cause for the present malaise’s there is a bit like folks from all over attending a college known for its Liberal Arts curriculum. Folks get “changed “, evidently .

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by High_Noon
We need to build a wall around Texas to keep the riffraff out.

Southwest wall in progress.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Solid red places are going to be purple and then blue. Nothing you can do to stop it.

My small town is getting some Milwaukee and Chicago escapes.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TheTexan
Can we get them classified as non-native and open a season?

I prefer the term invasive species. Give folks a $100 for every one hunted or caught.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RAS
Solid red places are going to be purple and then blue. Nothing you can do to stop it.

My small town is getting some Milwaukee and Chicago escapes.

Might be good folks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
And back to the OT.

Scott

Scott, your comparisons of out of staters to California being a cause for the present malaise’s there is a bit like folks from all over attending a college known for its Liberal Arts curriculum. Folks get “changed “, evidently .

Actually, I feel you've reinforced my point. (Generalizing here) the same folks that would go to a university known for its Liberal Arts curriculum, would be the same sort that would likely embrace the politics found amongst the faculty and staff of the university. Ditto for CA's urban areas in the north and south in that like attracts like. It's not as if there's a huge portion of folks with strong conservative values that move to SF then catch the ghey and turn Pelosi blue. The conservative minded learn to STFU, keep their heads down, make their nut and then move on. Again, hopefully never uttering those famous fighting words: "Well, that's not the way we did it back in SF...."

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I-40 is closed coming into OK....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've read up on the situation a bit. From what I understand, the two places that are losing population fast is California and New York City. The Californians are moving to Texas, Idaho, and Arizona. The New York City refugees mostly stay in the New England region.

Generally speaking, the southeast is regarded by them as being redneck Trump country and that's largely true.

As for Kentucky, California liberals would be a loose fit for Lexington and to a lesser extent Louisville.

The rest of the state is a very bad cultural fit for Californians. New York City folks wouldn't get along here at all.

Fortunately, they all seem to understand that.

Seems most of the NE liberals run out of gas in either N.C. or VA

Looking more and more forward to landing in Tennessee full time.
All we do when there is look at properties anymore.

Very true. The influx is akin to an invasion. Bad part is, we don’t get good rural folks from up north, just the urbanite liberals that want to destroy our state with their existence.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tracy,

not sure where you're looking in N AZ, or what kind of budget you have for house/property, but if you've nothing against the Show-Low/Pinetop area, St Johns, and over that way you might find something more affordable than Flagstaff/Prescott/Payson area. Especially if you have nothing against relatively nice newer mfg homes.

Sure is a nice area up there, can get a bit chilly in winter but was never "hot" hot, 90F was a heat wave, 95F a rarity, at least when I was there around 2000-2001.

I'd find you a place around here, lot's of reasonably priced places, but then again............it's still in Commiefornia.

Good luck with your search, I'm sure you'll find something.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by windridge
Originally Posted by TBREW401
And they Californicate every damn place they move to!!

They sure do, without exception. They may think they are "conservative". In fact they are just a bit less onerous liberals and don't have a clue.

Case in point:

My new neighbor out here bought out a great neighbor with the fortune they made on their small older house in Monterey CA. He's a nice guy, retired from his state government job and raising his 8 y/o grandson who was a crack baby. He wants to fit in, but it will never happen.

The first things he asked me were where does he go to license his dogs out here in the county (nobody does that here) and where he goes to register his two guns.

Is it any wonder why we hate Californians?

Did he seem happy when you told him his dogs didn't need licenses and his guns didn't need registered?

Might be he had no clue and was just trying to follow the rules he was used to.

If it had been me, I'd have said "cool"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
626 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,858 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,130
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.