-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nothing serious, just amazed at what the USPS does.

Got a pkg coming from San Marcos, Tx., ordered on E-bay, but shipping instructions says it's shipped from Amazon.

Tracking says the pkg was in Bernice, La. yesterday morning at the USPS sorting facility. Bernice, La. is 10 miles away and has no sorting facility, except the PO. Then, according to the tracking, about 1.5 hrs later the pkg arrived in Shreveport, La. at the sorting facility and at the same time was put on a truck for delivery.

I dont believe there is any way the pkg came directly from San Marcos, Tx to Berinice, La., without going thru the Shreveport, La. sorting facility. We are at the very end of the postal route, the last stop for the mail truck. The mail truck delivers to our PO and sets there all day, waiting for the evening run back to Shreveport. In the morning the mail is dropped off at Bernice and then the truck comes directly to our PO. In the evening when the truck leaves our PO, it goes directly to Bernice to pick up the mail, and then continues the route to Shreveport. How did the pkg get from Bernice to Shreveport, when there is no truck headed that way until the afternoon?

I truly believe that any scanning device used by the USPS can be programmed/modified to make it scan wherever and whatever time they want it to.

Again, nothing serious, just scratching my head.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Randy, I had a package one time that went from SW Missouri, to Ohio, to Memphis, to Pine Bluff, AR. to Ft. Smith, Ar. , back to Memphis, to Little Rock, to Des Arc, Ar. and then delivered. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Should have added that the worst screwups for me are when something is shipped Fedex. miles

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
When I lived in Rodessa, Fedex wouldn't deliver to my house, after I made them pay for a pkg they didn't deliver to my house. They would drop my pkgs off at the PO and I would pick them up there. I could see the PO out my front door...

Fedex was the absolute worse, when I lived there.

Where I live now, Fedex is ok, so is UPS. USPS is not the best, but it's not Sandy's fault. If the pkg ever gets to our PO, we get it that day. And, if a pkg is more than a day or two late, Sandy will get on the phone and do what she can to help you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My favorite is the tracking info saying they can't deliver because they couldn't get access...

I've gotten that one twice now.

Despite having a big delivery bin at the front gate (Gate's not closed either.)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
USPS is almost criminal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
USPS is almost criminal.

Sure gives one lots of faith in Mail In Ballots, huh?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Oldman3: I am growing more and more disgusted with the USPS every time I use them.
Not just rude office help but pathetic delivery durations and lost stuff!
Sickening and sad and incredibly overly expensive.
For instance I mailed a first class letter from Dillon, Montana to another CampFire member in Vermont. The letter was triple checked for address accuracy by me and was posted on October 13th - as of October 22nd it still has not arrived in Vermont! Now that is 10 (ten!) days of travel time for that first class letter and it is still not there!
Four of five days would be SLOW in my mind but 10 (TEN!) days plus for delivery of a first class letter is absofuckinlutely unacceptable!
Sadly the first class letter contains a postal money order for knives I bought from the fellow CampFirer and he is having to wait and I am having to worry about delivery or "replacing" tracking down the errant postal money order.
Conversely the trusting CampFirer sent the "knives" out to me the same day I sent the first class letter to him and the knives have been in my possession for several days now - at least that got here safely and in a timely fashion via the USPS.
Sheesh anyways.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Here's probably why it came from Amazon. There are people who put items on Ebay for a higher price than it costs on Amazon. You order from Ebay. They buy and ship to you from Amazon. They have a prime membership so shipping is free to them. They pocket the difference. So possibly Amazon delivered straight to your post office and dropped it off for delivery by them.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
My favorite is the tracking info saying they can't deliver because they couldn't get access...

Have a camera looking at the mail deliver bin....watched the black fat mail lady fill out a pink cannot deliver slip put it in the box...she was too lazy to get out of the truck and put the package in the drop box....
Went to the PO talked to the Postmaster a woman showed her the video....she said its up to the postal worker if they feel it's safe to get out of the truck and deliver a package and my deliver bin is not Postal Service approved....told her its been used for the past 20 years by every other Postal worker.....WTF....
After complaining my mail would be missing for days, deliver one piece of mail to other peoples houses always a utility bill not all the time just enough to know what was going on....ended up having to get a PO Box until getting a different Postal Delivery person all my bills are sent and payed on line....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by M16
Here's probably why it came from Amazon. There are people who put items on Ebay for a higher price than it costs on Amazon. You order from Ebay. They buy and ship to you from Amazon. They have a prime membership so shipping is free to them. They pocket the difference. So possibly Amazon delivered straight to your post office and dropped it off for delivery by them.

I see your point about Ebay and Amazon, but in this case, Ebay was cheaper, I checked both. But how can you explain a pkg going to a town (Bernice) and then 1 1/2 hrs later being 90 miles away in Shreveport, when there is no truck headed that way in the mornings.

Just looked again and as of 8:43am yesterday, the pkg is in transit to its destination. That means it missed the truck yesterday, (the mail truck passes my house about 7am) and assuming the pkg was really in Shreveport, might be on the truck today. However tracking says the pkg will be delivered tomorrow.

And as Barry said..... can we trust them with mail-in ballots?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sunday evening I ordered some S carabiners off ebay. The initial arrival day was pegged as Saturday. They arrived yesterday via USPS. That was from Cali to NOLA. I sent some materials out from NOLA USPS in early July. They arrived in Arkansas in the middle of September.

UPS has been dead nuts on the money for me.
Fed-Ex has hiccups.
USPS is an absolute mystery.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That does happen to us and surely many others here in the country. It is pathetic, especially, when our box is always accessible right on the highway! When I go to the P.O. I have to quell the urge to throat punch someone!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Rifle barrel I sold to another member here took 5 weeks to show up. Postal employees basically shrugged their shoulders and stated that had no idea what had happened to it when we inquired about the missing package. The tracking was worthless. Mysteriously showed up about 2 weeks after they told us to basically write it off. I have never had a problem with the USPS until the last 2-3 months and have had several of these incidents in that time frame. The 5 week trip was the worst so far.

Last edited by jdunham; 10/22/20.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Based on Randy and Miles experiences I cringe every time I order something on eBay or ship something. My wife shipped a box of stuff to my son and his family two days ago. Don't expect it to arrive until next week sometime. USPS closed the distribution center in Tucson so everything goes from here to Phoenix. Takes three or four days to mail something here tp Pomerene, right across the river. Quicker to drive over there and post it at their post office

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
I ordered a kit to rebuild one of my nail guns and found that they had sent the wrong kit. The new kit was shipped 10/13 and is supposed to arrive 10/26. The company that shipped the kit is in Tennessee and my package is still in Tennessee today.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If anything ever gets to Des Arc via USPS, no worries from then on. My rural carrier is one of the best that we have ever had. Most times She brings a package to the door instead of leaving it in the box. Then we talk for 10-15 minutes. I tend to give Her garden stuff and honey too. smile When I ordered package bees, I told Her that I would gladly go to Des Arc and get them at the post office, because I knew that She was allergic to bee stings. She refused, saying that delivering everything shipped was Her job. miles

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I bashed USPS about a year ago as a priority mail pkg going to SouthCarolina from Florida, went to Idaho first and spent about a week there for no reason.
Now I have to give them credit where credit is due. I sent a rifle last week from Florida to Nebraska and it was there in 2 days. This week I sent a money order to Montana and again it was there in 2 days. Looks like USPS has improved their game lately, at least that has been my experience.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,478
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.