Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TF49
A viewpoint:

A sin might be seen as a marble.... a little sin like telling a lie....., it might be a cantaloupe, a bigger sin like robbery..... it might be a basketball, a more vicious sin like murder. All sin .... but coming in different sizes and having different effects.

But, it is a black marble of sin.... a black cantaloupe or and a black basketball.

All sin, big and small is all black.

No argument there.

What does The Book advise about blasphemy?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
the pope is a communist. in one pic he is getting his orders from the satanic bolshevik jews.
in the pic where he is kissing the negros feet he could be mistaken for a modern conservative

Good point grand wizard. Blacks can't be christians and should not allowed in churches.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
A viewpoint:

A sin might be seen as a marble.... a little sin like telling a lie....., it might be a cantaloupe, a bigger sin like robbery..... it might be a basketball, a more vicious sin like murder. All sin .... but coming in different sizes and having different effects.

But, it is a black marble of sin.... a black cantaloupe or and a black basketball.

No argument there.

The follow-on thought: At judgment day, one standing before God can be seen as holding a ball.... representing all,the sins and misdeeds of that one’s life. Some are standing there with little black balls and some are there with huge black balls.

The one with a little ball might think...... “Ok, I have only a little black ball and look at the others with very large black balls” ....

Then they find that God is ..... so-to-speak.... judging not on the size of the black balls of sin, but on the color of the balls.

It is a no go if your ball is black.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I don't care if you call it a union or a marriage or whatever. I want them to have the same rights afforded married couples.

How about pipple an dawgs?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
the pope is a communist. in one pic he is getting his orders from the satanic bolshevik jews.
in the pic where he is kissing the negros feet he could be mistaken for a modern conservative

Good point grand wizard. Blacks can't be christians and should not allowed in churches.

Heh !

I guess Ole roman warrior forgot about the RC Church refusing to open their books to the Jews about circa WW 2 and possibly finding Jewish assets “secured “ by the Church during that era.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
A viewpoint:

No argument there.

The follow-on thought: At judgment day, one standing before God can be seen as holding a ball.... representing all,the sins and misdeeds of that one’s life. Some are standing there with little black balls and some are there with huge black balls.

The one with a little ball might think...... “Ok, I have only a little black ball and look at the others with very large black balls” ....

Then they find that God is ..... so-to-speak.... judging not on the size of the black balls of sin, but on the color of the balls.

You left out the matters of repentance and salvation before judgement.

Jus sayin.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 16bore
There are no levels of sin.
Then why is there a sin that can't be forgiven?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Epstein Island?

Politics has taken over religion, religion is now politics.
Like it hasnt ever happened.....

Of course if there's enough public sentiment to throw certain peoples asses in an oven, all is golden.

The government basing taxation on marital status or a relationship with a beach ball in most conservatives eyes should be a cart before horse idea to begin with.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
In the eyes of man, yes. In the eyes of God, no.

Hebrews 10:28-29
How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment delivered to them.

James 3:1-2
Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we shall incur a stricter judgment.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The Old Testament.. The Law.. was specific about homosexuality.

If man 'lie' with man they shall be put to death. (normally stoning to death.
If woman 'lie' with woman they shall be put to death (^^ ^^ ).

One place God said, "There shall be no sodomite in Israel"
*** Why were Sodom & Gomorrah destroyed ? *** Homosexuality.

**** I don't have time to look those up but I can and will, If someone want to read it for themself
That is Old Testament AND Rock Chuck is spot one in the New Testament. I read it myself.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Romans 1: 25-27
25because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions.

Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.

It says what it says. Liberal churches now allow same sex marriages and encourage perverted behavior. They try to take the words of the Bible and twist them to say they don't mean what they say but in the end, the words of the Lord will stand and perverts will pay the price.

Man's wishes and wisdom have been 'SUBSTITUTED' for God's Word.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
666, the number of a man, who can supposedly modify God's word.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A viewpoint:

No argument there.

You left out the matters of repentance and salvation before judgement.

Jus sayin.

Yes....but...... two judgments..... the great throne judgment and the Bema seat...... different judgments, different folks and different criteria for the judgments.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
"One place God said, "There shall be no sodomite in Israel"
*** Why were Sodom & Gomorrah destroyed ? *** Homosexuality."

Some would say there are homos in Israel. God is not referring to the nation of Israel here, however.
Remember, HE said all of Israel will be saved. We know all those people in Israel wont be saved because not all of them accept JESUS CHRIST as SAVIOUR. HE refers to HIS believers as Israel. All of those are who will be saved.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwall
The Old Testament.. The Law.. was specific about homosexuality.
The Old Testament.. The Law.. was also specific about adultery, a woman not being a virgin on the night of her wedding, taking God’s name in vain, and rebelling against one’s parents...ALL of which required violators to be put to death.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Strongly disagree.
It’s likely pointless to try and list sins according to their degree of seriousness. “For the wages of sin is death...” (Romans 6:23), applies to ALL sin, whether in thought, word, or deed. In ‘that’ sense, all sins are equal in that they ALL separate us from God.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
"One place God said, "There shall be no sodomite in Israel"
*** Why were Sodom & Gomorrah destroyed ? *** Homosexuality."

Some would say there are homos in Israel.

***** God is not referring to the nation of Israel here, however.****

Yes, He was. The 'context" is about the NOT condoning SODOMY w/in the Nation of Israel

Context..... so many TWIST things together OUT of context.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
Strongly disagree.
It’s likely pointless to try and list sins according to their degree of seriousness. “For the wages of sin is death...” (Romans 6:23), applies to ALL sin, whether in thought, word, or deed. In ‘that’ sense, all sins are equal in that they ALL separate us from God.

Telling your wife she doesn't look fat in that dress is the same as raping an murdering your own daughter?

That's non-sense.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Strongly disagree.
Telling your wife she doesn't look fat in that dress is the same as raping an murdering your own daughter? That's non-sense.
”In ‘that’ sense, all sins are equal in that they ALL separate us from God.” Lying is a sin, and separates us from God. Murder is a sin, and separates us from God. In ‘that’ context, both of those sins separate us from God. Sin separates us from God. Period. ‘That’ is the point.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Strongly disagree.

Telling your wife she doesn't look fat in that dress is the same as raping an murdering your own daughter? That's non-sense.
”In ‘that’ sense, all sins are equal in that they ALL separate us from God.” Lying is a sin, and separates us from God. Murder is a sin, and separates us from God. In ‘that’ context, both of those sins separate us from God. Sin separates us from God. Period. ‘That’ is the point.

I would have to disagree with that, my friend.
If a grandma is babysitting the grandkids on a Saturday night and a drug crazed dimocrap is breaking in and she has the kids run and hide and he gets in and asks if there is anyone else in the house and she says there isnt, has she sinned by lying?

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Strongly disagree.
I would have to disagree with that, my friend. If a grandma is babysitting the grandkids on a Saturday night and a drug crazed dimocrap is breaking in and she has the kids run and hide and he gets in and asks if there is anyone else in the house and she says there isnt, has she sinned by lying? Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
I hear ya’. And I know where you’re comin’ from. MOST lies are done for self advancement, greed, or other selfish reasons, etc., but some ‘are’ done at least with the intention of protecting others, their reputations or physical selves. I think our Creator knows what’s in our hearts, and He knows our motivations.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 33 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,631
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.