Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 116 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 115 116
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Actually golfing is much more fun than watching golf on tv.

You don't bet golf then.

A few weeks ago, I agonized over a 45 foot putt in a playoff that dropped in and won me damn near $10k. I about chit my pants. Biggest golf hit ever for me.

Gambler ?

TFF !!!!!!!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

You don't bet golf then.

A few weeks ago, I agonized over a 45 foot putt in a playoff that dropped in and won me damn near $10k. I about chit my pants. Biggest golf hit ever for me.

Gambler ?

TFF !!!!!!!

And virologist, professional virtue signaler and a top notch social justice warrior/ paper mask wearer

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

You don't bet golf then.

Between betting on the NF and golf, you ain’t done bad, duck.

Notice I don't post about my losses laugh

I am a profitable sports bettor, with about a 23% ROI over the last 5 years.... but it ebbs and flows. I have had a great 2 weeks in NFL (went small on tonight's NFL game but cleared $142). But I can go weeks in the tank.

It is not about big glitzy hits, it is about grinding out profit over time.

But the science, math, and research behind it is fun, since I am very analytical.

Consider starting your own Sports Betting Hedge Fund. Keep 20% of the profits made off of OPM along with your own winnings.

Check out Dr. Michael Burry and his now closed Scion Hedge Fund. He had an idea and Capitalized on it bigly. “The Big Short “.

He made me and 2 others quite a pile of money. But it was a bumpy ride.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

You don't bet golf then.

Gambler ?

TFF !!!!!!!

And virologist, professional virtue signaler and a top notch social justice warrior/ paper mask wearer

You forgot, dessert coffee connoisseur & poof !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
George Carlin back in his heyday had a skit where he proffered upon the game (not sport) of golf and his thoughts on the game.

Pissed a lot of people off.

IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Back in my golfing days, one afternoon, me and an associate decided to play 9 holes. He invited his friend, John, to join us. John arrived and was attired in nearly all red...shirt, shorts, hat, even his golf bag was mostly red. Of course, for the golf course this wasn't necessarily out of place. Me and my bud rode in a cart, while John walked the 9, pulling a cart.

Mid-way, while proceeding to the next tee, we followed John across a bridge surrounded by large landscape boulders. The punch line ocurred to both of us at the same time. Had John fallen off the bridge, it would be, "Johnny walker red on the rocks."

Last edited by sse; 10/23/20.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
George Carlin back in his heyday had a skit where he proffered upon the game (not sport) of golf and his thoughts on the game.

Most liberals hate golf.

He was no exception.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deflave

Most liberals hate golf.

He was no exception.

Obama seemed to enjoy it well enough.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

He was just trying to be white.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
While attending one the boys all-star baseball games......a fellow Dad (dentist) pulled up in his golf cart, after being at the local country club.

While I gave him the game update......unknown to me, two other Dad's unbuckled his clubs from the rear of the cart.

After impressing everyone.....Dad took off for the golf course again.......spilling/spreading his expensive clubs all over Sunnyside Ave.

Felt bad for him.

A terrible story......but I told it so well.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

He was just trying to be white.

Was he black?

I am MAGA.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
While attending one the boys all-star baseball games......a fellow Dad (dentist) pulled up in his golf cart, after being at the local country club.

While I gave him the game update......unknown to me, two other Dad's unbuckled his clubs from the rear of the cart.

After impressing everyone.....Dad took off for the golf course again.......spilling/spreading all his expensive clubs all over Sunnyside Ave.

Felt bad for him.

A terrible story......but I told it so well.

LMAO

I saw a clan of dudes pull that on a guy the other day around the 16th hole. Late afternoon, and they were smashed.

I could not stop laughing.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Used to play quite a bit and was pretty nuts about it as a kid and young adult. I was decent. Never had an official handicap but a good day was a 79, a great day a little lower and a bad day was 85-87. Never broke par. To get much better than I was you really would have to practice and play A LOT.

Two things happened. 1) My golf buddies got married or moved. 2) I was taken deer hunting and killed one......after that for years all I wanted to do was hunt deer. Plus I had to fit in some time for fishing. I drifted away from it and have probably played 5 times in the last decade.

Anyway, there are certainly a lot of similarities between shooting sports and golf. I've never done trap, skeet or sporting clays but by all appearances it ain't nothing but golf with a shotgun. Much the same psychology involved and the same need to focus and concentrate.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by fester
If i play my slice I’m doing good.
Putting meh.
Can’t drive off the tee to save my life.

I had nobody to really help me get started but I do have a friend around Chicago that's exceptionally good and plays all the time.

I asked him which club to start with, he recommended the nine iron. Once I got that down at the driving range I moved all the way up to the four and played only irons for about a month.

LOL

I actually think I benefited from that because I was only learning one type of swing and then slowly incorporating other clubs.

But I still suck.

I'm going to have to try the Iron method. I am a novice and don't play much but I love it when I do. I play for the fun and laughing at myself and making others laugh is what I'm good at when it comes to golf. lol I'm horrible with the exception of my short game. I can actually putt pretty good.

I really want to be good at the game because it is such a good feeling when you finally hit a good shot with a driver that doesn't slice in to the tulies.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
So, flave, do you have a handicap yet or did you just jump straight to being a scratch golfer?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I still have my membership plaque for The Arctic Ocean Golf and Country Club.

We used fluorescent orange golf balls to play.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Originally Posted by NVhntr
My golf experience is limited to sneaking onto the Rolling Hills golf course in Tucson, AZ as a boy with my buddies, catching catfish out of the water hazard, and being chased off by the greens keeper. It was great sport.

Now THAT’S what I’m talking about. Same here for golf courses all over South Florida. Didn’t catch too many catfish, but lots of bass, tarpon, snook, and more recently peacock bass. Like I said earlier, it’s the best freshwater fishing down here. I mostly stick to salt now.

You know that course in Pembroke Lakes?

Lots of nice looking water in there but I think they'd run you off. Sonsabitches were uppity.

Absolutely, Taft and Palm Ave. my cousins and best friend grew up living on that golf course. We were pretty young, but fished the hell out of it when I was there. The golf course ranger used to chase us on his golf cart all the time, and was very familiar with all of our parents. Now there’s peacock bass everywhere around there (and most of the other canals and lakes in the area), which weren’t there when we were kids.

My Grandmother lived in Century (Cemetery) Village on Pines just before I-75. We were able to get past the guard gate in front because of that and fish that course too. Caught a lot of fish there too.

I grew up east of there in Hollywood, closer to the beach. Because it was close to the salt, we had a ton of saltwater fish which either became landlocked or adapted to the freshwater. While the only game in town out west was catching bass, we caught bass plus tarpon, snook, jacks, snappers and an occasional shark on the East golf courses.

What I always failed to understand what’s why folks would pay a guide to go fish at the lake (Okeechobee), when we would out fish them 10 to 1 with larger fish fishing the local canals and lakes, plus catching saltwater fish too.

Guess I caught the fishing bug too early to be caught up with golf. My Grandfather played quite a bit, and took me along when I was young to drive the cart. I always brought a fishing rod and fished while he golfed.

Last edited by Capt_Craig; 10/23/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I took this sport up a couple months ago and I couldn't believe the number of parallels between hunting and shooting.

I play four to five days a week since the Believers shut down my local USPSA. It has been a fine substitute.

Does anybody else here love golf?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
say what you want but

There is no such thing as a "bad" golf day.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Page 13 of 116 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (44automag, 338reddog, 4xbear, 673, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 16 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,187
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.