Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall
Just one in a LONG list of DENYERS of God's Word.

Rom 3:.. What if some do not believe, does that make the faith of God vain?

God forbid. Let God be true but every man a LIAR.

Redux

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That’s was the point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
All sins are equivalent ’in the sense’ that they ALL separate us from God. ’That’ is the point that has been made.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
They all separate you from God equally?
They don’t separate us from God’s love at all. NOTHING can do that to a believer. But it does affect our relationship with our Creator...the separation is relationally...for a believer. I don’t know if there are degrees to that separation.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by 16bore
There are no levels of sin.
Then why is there a sin that can't be forgiven?

What sin is that?

sin against the Holy Spirit

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Mt 12:31: Therefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Like saying G-dam or G-dammit or cursing at God when you're angry/sad/upset??

NO that is NOT the unpardonable sin! What you are talking about is called taking the name of the Lord in vain. If you are already a Christian, ask the Lord to forgive you for it, receive your forgiveness and quit doing it! If you do it again, repeat the process.

If you are not a believer that is what is going to make you "screwed" when it comes to going to heaven. Most people think that good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell. That is what religions teaches. The Gospel teaches that forgiven people go to heaven and unforgiven people go to hell. You get forgiven by asking Jesus to forgive you and accepting his death on the cross as having paid the penalty for your sins. You stay unforgiven by NOT accepting what Jesus did on the cross and NOT believing his testimony that he is the Son of God. There is your real unpardonable sin.

I try to avoid these kind of discussion in this secular format. But seeing the way your question was left hanging I had to say something.

Shoot me a PM if you need to.

Last edited by RJY66; 10/23/20.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
He endorses same sex unions and wants a civil union law so that they are legally covered.

Didn’t go so far as to endorse same sex marriages via the RC church and didn’t mention anything about male priests unions or female nun unions.

As Archie Bunker would say, “You Catholics think that guy is inflammable”.

I'm not Catholic but was shocked when I first saw this because I thought he was condoning same-sex marriages which would go against Catholic belief. After taking a look at it, I think it's a great idea and what should've been done a LONG time ago. If somebody wants to have a legal partner in their life so they can can be covered by family insurance or help make those tough decisions after a life-threatening incident or pass along their inheritance after they pass, they should be able to do so regardless of sexual preference. I also think this helps separate that need/issue from the desire to be "married" which is an institution that I feel should be left to those in the church.

Opinions do vary but The Bible is clear on the matter.

Of course nowadays what does Scripture have at all to do with the Universal Church, one could reasonably ask ?

I'm no authority on the Bible. What does scripture say about a legal civil union?

Yer fuggked.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
We’ve been hoodwinked by the humanist culture for sixty years that separation means taking prayer and scripture out of public education, the Ten Commandments off of court house walls, and crosses that are landmarks down; no praying in the public square, or at sporting events, and so forth.
On a side note, maybe a tangent even...
We often hear of the political controversies about the public displays of the Ten Commandments, especially in government buildings. What do you think about public displays, especially in government buildings...instead of the Ten Commandments...of the Sermon on the Mount, or the One Commandment - “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one
another.” - John 13:34.....?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT

Catholics are Christians.

Catholic Catechism explicitly states that there
is no sin, no matter how serious, that cannot be
forgiven, .. for to suggest otherwise challenges
God’s omnipotence.

Yet many who identify as christian would disagree
re: blasphem of the holy spirit...

What does a 'real' Christian believe?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone really care what the pope says? He is human like the rest of us. The current one seems to be a liberal douche bag. The next one may not be. Doesnt change whats right and wrong. Just humans making dumb political statements. Screw the current one

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by sse

What sin is that?

Mt 12:31: Therefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

NO that is NOT the unpardonable sin! What you are talking about is called taking the name of the Lord in vain. If you are already a Christian, ask the Lord to forgive you for it, receive your forgiveness and quit doing it! If you do it again, repeat the process.

If you are not a believer that is what is going to make you "screwed" when it comes to going to heaven. Most people think that good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell. That is what religions teaches. The Gospel teaches that forgiven people go to heaven and unforgiven people go to hell. You get forgiven by asking Jesus to forgive you and accepting his death on the cross as having paid the penalty for your sins. You stay unforgiven by NOT accepting what Jesus did on the cross and NOT believing his testimony that he is the Son of God. There is your real unpardonable sin.

I try to avoid these kind of discussion in this secular format. But seeing the way your question was left hanging I had to say something.

That's not the unforgivable sin as defined in Mark 3. Jesus had cast out some demons and the pharisees said he did it using Satan's power. Jesus refuted that and said that their sin of calling the Holy Spirit evil would not be forgiven. He finishes off with this:

Mark 3:29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."
30 He said this because they were saying, "He has an evil spirit."

That's completely different than dying without salvation.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'll just take that as a yes. So, if that's the case, am I screwed when it comes to going to heaven?
If I may...
To me...Nope. Not at all. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is only committed when a person believes Jesus had a demon and by the power of the devil He performed His miracles. If you haven’t believed that, and said such, you have ‘not’ committed unforgivable sin...and you’re not screwed when it comes to going to Heaven. Just look at Mark 3:22-30:

And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebub! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.” So Jesus called them and spoke to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. In fact, no one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house. I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.” He said this because they were saying, “He has an evil spirit.”

Those guys committed blasphemy against the Holy Spirit when they believed and said Jesus had a demon and by the power of the devil he drove out demons. That is what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is. The only ones Jesus ever said committed unforgivable sin were the ones saying Jesus had an evil spirit and by the power of the devil He was driving out demons.

Thank you Antlers.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by sse

What sin is that?

That's not the unforgivable sin as defined in Mark 3. Jesus had cast out some demons and the pharisees said he did it using Satan's power. Jesus refuted that and said that their sin of calling the Holy Spirit evil would not be forgiven. He finishes off with this:

Mark 3:29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."
30 He said this because they were saying, "He has an evil spirit."

That's completely different than dying without salvation.

Thank you as well Rock Chuck. I've read a lot of the bible and it has some incredible wisdom but some of it sounds pretty outlandish to me so I always appreciate when someone can translate what I think it says to what it actually says.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RJY66,
I’ve seen you post this before; I saved it. Good stuff:
“Good people don't go to heaven and bad people don't go to hell. Forgiven people go to heaven. Unforgiven people go to hell.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by jwall
The Old Testament.. The Law.. was specific about homosexuality.
The Old Testament.. The Law.. was also specific about adultery, a woman not being a virgin on the night of her wedding, taking God’s name in vain, and rebelling against one’s parents...ALL of which required violators to be put to death.
You need to read this.
https://media.ascensionpress.com/20...tween-ceremonial-judicial-and-moral-law/
The Old Testament (referred to by jwall) says what it says. Are you denying that...? Specifically, are you denying that adultery, a woman not being a virgin on the night of her wedding, taking God’s name in vain, and rebelling against one’s parents are NOT punishable by death as the Old Testament says they are...just as it says that homosexuality is punishable by death...?
I'm denying that you have any understanding of the Bible beyond the level of a 10 year old.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since all sin is equivalent, all laws should have the same penalty, 5 Hail Mary's, a 25 dollar fine, followed by death by stoning.
All sins are equivalent ’in the sense’ that they ALL separate us from God. ’That’ is the point that has been made.
But then you go on to extrapolate from there. You read into what isn't there. You are simply disingenuous. You purposely ignore the degree of separation just to be argumentative.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
He’s an Obama plant.

Hope the COVID finds him.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They all separate you from God equally?
They don’t separate us from God’s love at all. NOTHING can do that to a believer. But it does affect our relationship with our Creator...the separation is relationally...for a believer. I don’t know if there are degrees to that separation.
If you don't know that then, apparently, you either don't believe in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ or you don't understand relationships.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm denying that you have any understanding of the Bible beyond the level of a 10 year old.
lol

It’s OK with me for you to believe whatever you choose.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you even bother to read the article I posted for you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did. And NOTHING in that article negated what I said, which prompted your response with the article reference in the first place.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I did. And NOTHING in that article negated what I said, which prompted your response with the article reference in the first place.

Does Jesus approve of mysteriously withdrawing sales of glossy SS Single Sixes ?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, Akhutr, 12 invisible), 1,362 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,252
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.