Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Toby the day we shot the old shotgun!!😀

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Shot at a deer just before dark. Looking for arrow n any sign of a hit. I missed deer clean. Was in days before I learned 25 ft up a tree need aim low! Dark now. Looked up top of ridge n there was the appearance of a man dressed in white. I thought it was Jesus! It was the moon coming up with trees blocking out all but the form of a man. Scarey...at the time I was not ready to meet him. Yes scarey. I have since found mercy. Thank you Lord.

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake. 2 Corinthians 4:5
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Another one: When I was young and mule deer were more plentiful and less wary, my father, two of his friends, and I hunted out of Rawlins, Wyoming. By noon three of us had taken bucks. The fourth guy had missed two. As we were eating lunch, the biggest buck I have ever seen came over a mountain perhaps 500 yards away. So this guy took a shot. From the dust, I thought he missed behind and low, but the deer fell down and was hidden by the bushes. Me being the youngest, the guide and I were tasked with going up and bringing back the "dead" deer.

About the time we got up there, I heard a snort and saw the deer staring at us from about 15 feet uphill. It had fire in its eyes and slobber drooling from its mouth. After an instant it started coming for us and I turned to run. But the guide put his hand on my shoulder and whipped out his Ruger Single 6. We were so close that I could see each shot hit the deer's head. After about 4 shots, the deer collapsed.

It turned out that the guy had broken both hind legs at the ankle, and the deer was probably just trying to hunch itself down hill. Also, the guy's scope was loose.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Damn Grouse bustin out of the grass roughly 1cm from my face. The ‘fear’ doesn’t last long but it will get the heart rate up.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Duck hunting, buddy and I standing on a pond bank in some tall stuff and he starts high steppin it out into the shallows. Right at legal shooting time too. He eased back over to me and evidently about a 4-500lb boar hog stepped out to his right about 10ft from him. Next thing you know, its starts breathing down the back of our necks it felt like and wouldn't leave. Some horror movie breathing...Alien style, we were frozen still. My buddy was wiggin out, turned around and unloaded duck loads in its direction. Should have seen the spot this big ol' hog was bedded down in. Funny to me, scared him to death.

Friend of mine walking into the stand one am saw what he thought was an old Volkswagen dumped into the woods, he walks closer and closer up to, next thing you know he had walked up on a huge black bear.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was hunting an old strip mine in the Big South Fork. I'd been there many times before and on the Bow Opener in 1999, I decided to try a new area of the mine. I got a wee bit turned around and decided to plant myself and wait for the light to come up. There was a grassy clearing ahead of me, and I knew I'd found the place. The light came up and the "grass" was actually the tops of pine trees. I was just on the edge of a 60' cliff. It wasn't marked on the topo.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
We had a deer stand that we called the eagles nest from years of brushing it up. The flying squirrels loved it. Nothing like sitting there at last light and have squirrels landing all around your head and body. How one never jumped on me I would never know, I know I came close to falling out of the tree a time or two. Theyd get in the brush and just chase each other around, making their little chirp sounds and you are just sitting in the middle of it.

Last edited by killerv; 11/11/20.
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
A bull elephant charging me in Zimbabwe. I dropped him at 12 yds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Daylight fading fast in early January on the last day of rifle season and I'm staring out over a field on public land holding a tag.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A mannequin, fully dressed in rotting clothing facedown partially covered in leaves.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hippies.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A wobbly hunter setting on a log drinking from a pint bottle of hooch. I've never crept through woods quieter.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Steve Urkel all growd up and in a tree

S
S
MANY YEARS ago in high school there were persistent rumors of a group of devil worshippers in the area. A group of us wanted to validate the rumor. We knew where they supposedly were so we went. Climbed up a pretty steep hill in the dark on the old water works road, got to the top and found a smoldering fire with embers still glowing and no one was around (that we know of). Didn't take nearly as long to get to the bottom of the hill as it took to get to the top.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I watched the movie Deliverance and was scared.

Usually I lack suspended disbelief for fiction, but this movie seemed plausible. Same with the Shining.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Out scouting last week went down big hill to a creek then up the other side . When I headed back I had gone downstream of where I initially crossed the creek - the water where I had crossed was trickling along pretty good . But now the creekbed was dry ? Thought maybe it had Y'd off or something , looked at compass and knew I had to be close .
Anyway the water was disappearing into the abyss , brushy/rocky/dead leaves spot - water running but where to I didn't know . Must have been a Cavern underneath me , not too scary but gave me an odd feeling .

Lots of good stories - big LIKE !

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Pre season scouting, Klamath Natl Forest, stumbled into a huge 3 acre pot grow, complete with irrigation and camo netting. I backed out very carefully and quietly, and sure enough 6 weeks later, big front page news article on a big Mex cartel bust in the same drainage. DEA deported the farmers after questioning, they all claimed the Cartel was holding their families in Mexico hostage, to prevent the farmers from stealing the bud and running with it. Firearms were confiscated. It's a vicious industry. Now the Mex cartels are fading and the Hmong rule the industry in our county. Think about that next time "legal pot" comes up on your state's ballot.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
The debil, he went with Roy.

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
About 15 years ago I was scouting a piece of land I had leased. It was a big open cut-over planted in short pines. I was walking thru some tall grass in a fairly open area when I took a step and felt the ground "give" a bit. I took a step back and noticed I'd stepped on an old rotten piece of plywood that was covered with dirt. I cautiously backed up and used my machete to lift the board, revealing a very old and very deep well. As I thought about it, I began to tremble thinking about what could have happened....

This one gives me the willies...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,320
Posts18,468,439
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.