Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by muleshoe
So sad this little girl had to go through this.

Hope she can make a full recovery.

Poor kid will never fully recover, the dogs scalped her, she has severe nerve damage. Physically and mentally she will deal with this for the rest of her life.

The owners of the dogs should be liable for every cent Joslyn needs for therapy and related medical cost for the rest of their miserable lives. They should also have to compensate her for suffrage and loss of income as she gets older. They refuse to pay, then lock them up charged with attempted murder.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good news indeed.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm glad the girl will survive and hopefully recover well. At least the neighbor called 911. I don't know if the neighbor did anything else to help or not.

I have a plan if something like that would happen here, not sure if it would work, but at least have a plan to react.

1-pull edc.
2-place it on dogs chest (assuming it wont let go of victim) like you would a boar.
3-pull trigger.

if for some odd reason without the edc...use pocket knife and apply the same tactic.

Without a plan, I think most will just kick and scream.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PPosey
The owners of the dogs should be liable for every cent Joslyn needs for therapy and related medical cost for the rest of their miserable lives. They should also have to compensate her for suffrage and loss of income as she gets older. They refuse to pay, then lock them up charged with attempted murder.
There is a serious problem with your plan. Almost everybody that keeps these killers has not enough money to pay their utility bill. And the law doesn't provide for murder or attempted murder charges for what their worse than worthless monster does. There are criminal and civil actions that can be taken but broke ass people basically are home free. They don't pay for anything. They don't carry liability insurance. These dogs need to be shot on sight. Don't call the police and don't give statements when they do show up.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Surprised that there hasn't been the usual avalanche of posts exonerating the damned dogs and saying that they were raised wrong.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hastings
There is a serious problem with your plan. Almost everybody that keeps these killers has not enough money to pay their utility bill. And the law doesn't provide for murder or attempted murder charges for what their worse than worthless monster does. There are criminal and civil actions that can be taken but broke ass people basically are home free. They don't pay for anything. They don't carry liability insurance. These dogs need to be shot on sight. Don't call the police and don't give statements when they do show up.

Oh I know, but that's what should happen,,, the owners couldn't care less I'm sure. That's part of the cultural cancer our country is being ruined by. Lack of responsability and lack of accountability.

Last edited by PPosey; 10/24/20.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm glad that she survived. At this age, hopefully the nerves will heal too.

I wonder why the owner did not intervene while the dogs first began to attack??? Thirty seconds is a lot of time and damage. I can't imagine however much time for the deputy to show.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Oh I know, but that's what should happen,,, the owners couldn't care less I'm sure. That's part of the cultural cancer our country is being ruined by. Lack of responsability and lack of accountability.
This sort of thing is why I don't wait for the police to do something. This little girl's neighbors should have cured this problem before the attack ever occurred. I have a good friend almost 70 years old over in Borger Texas that lives in his childhood home in a neighborhood that has gone to seed. He had a free range big pit bull come over and attempt to attack his watch dog through the fence. I'm not sure what caliber or brand air rifle he used but one shot in the lungs and old Bowser went home and passed away. No noise and no explanation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Were that my daughter Torregrossa would be worm food.

She/it had no business owning pit bulls. None.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Yup.
Same here.
Too late now. Should have been handled preemptively. Loose running pit bulls should be eliminated.

As I recall, you and I use the same pit bull “re-training, rehabilitation” program .

I’ve not had any pit bull students come by for re-education in quite a while now.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Yup.
Same here.
Too late now. Should have been handled preemptively. Loose running pit bulls should be eliminated.
As I recall, you and I use the same pit bull “re-training, rehabilitation” program .
I’ve not had any pit bull students come by for re-education in quite a while now.
Right. I haven't had any lately either. Cameras are out year round.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Agree, especially the “shot on sight.”

NRA Patron
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 35 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,625
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.