P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by deflave
25 more down today.

Not good. Not good. +18 on 18.

#loser

+ 18 on hole 18 ? Or + 18 after 18 holes?

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Geno!

I didn't know you were a liberal!

Ask around.

You know very well that everyone who doesn't bet on sport is a liberal.

No, I don't know very well.

If I did, I'd be more of a betting man.

Funny thing, the way I've looked for so many years I've had a lot of folks address me as "hey hippie".

I'd have to explain " Hippies are non-violent.......... Are you sure I'm not?"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Haha!

That aint gonna be good enough for the Dilduck.

He says you cant be a conservative iffn you dont bet on sports in an analytical fashion.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Haha!

That aint gonna be good enough for the Dilduck.

He says you cant be a conservative iffn you dont bet on sports in an analytical fashion.

Whilst sipping dessert coffee

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by Etoh
say what you want but

There is no such thing as a "bad" golf day.

Lemme beg to differ for a minute.

When I was about 10-12 my dad and his best friend would try to sneak away once a month or so to the local course and shoot a round of golf. They were both pretty terrible but liked to go get away from the wife and kids and drink a couple cold beers on a nice afternoon. Me and my dad’s buddy’s kid would beg to go hang with them and they’d give in and let us occasionally. Once we’d get there we’d beg and plead to drive the carts, we had no interest in golf but getting to drive anything is awesome when you’re 11.

So one day we’d weaseled our way into going and had even talked them into letting us drive. All was going swimmingly until about the 6th hole. Dad hits a nice one straight down the fairway and hops back into the cart and tells me to take him down to his ball. We buzz down there and I park the cart approximately 7 inches from his ball. He gets a club and tells me to get the damn cart out of his way, what am I an idiot? What happened next is as clear as if it were yesterday.

I cut the wheel all the way to the left and floored it, making a big circle around to end up behind the old man. Meanwhile he’s taken his club and assumed the position and I pull up behind him. Stomped the brake at which point my greasy old flip flop slides off my foot and I tromp the gas. Ran smack into the Old Man, he never saw it coming. He flew through the windshield doubled over and landed wedged between the front of the seat and the dashboard with his legs and head sticking out the front of the cart. I’m jerking the wheel like a madman in a total panic all the while standing on the gas going as fast as the cart will take us down the fairway while Pop cusses a blue streak telling me to “Stop this Fuchking thing!”

His buddy and his kid were laughing their asses off. Sprained the schit out of Dad’s wrist, spilled his beer all over my lap. He was one mad Mofo. Then since his wrist was fugged and he’d paid for 18 he made me play the rest of the course. I think having to play and be serious was the worst punishment I could have got, I just knew that he was going to whip my ass if I fugged up.

Looking back 20 years later I can still picture the whole thing and I laugh my ass off every time I think about it. The Old Man still doesn’t think it was funny 😄

Cryin here!!!

lmao

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Gayer'n aids.

jim thats what i thought but its actually pretty fun. hell think i'll call Nat and go sunday, was going to shark fish down the island, but they're calling for tides up to the dunes tomorrow afternoon.

I bet you won’t wear cut off denim shorts and cowboy boots

cut off overalls with my PF flyers will take pics.

Mein Neger

lol

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My golfing is truly a comedy at best but like I said, for some reason I can putt.

I credit Bob Barker.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I know nothing about the game... but I do know there's 24 beers in a case and only 18 holes on a course.

I think I would get confused remembering to drink that extra one third of a beer each hole.

Fractions have always been extremely brutal on me.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lvmiker

I have a long time client who has become wealthy as a pro gambler in Las Vegas. He believes that legalized gambling is a tax on the poor and stupid. He only gambles at cards. poker, gin and bridge.and says that anyone who can't recall 100 numbers on demand shouldn't play for money. He also says that most smart pros never bet on anything w/ a referee.

Sports books make a fortune on suckers who think that can beat the spread.

mike r

The only difference between James Holzhauer and The Duck, is an extra chromosome.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by Etoh
say what you want but

There is no such thing as a "bad" golf day.

Lemme beg to differ for a minute.

When I was about 10-12 my dad and his best friend would try to sneak away once a month or so to the local course and shoot a round of golf. They were both pretty terrible but liked to go get away from the wife and kids and drink a couple cold beers on a nice afternoon. Me and my dad’s buddy’s kid would beg to go hang with them and they’d give in and let us occasionally. Once we’d get there we’d beg and plead to drive the carts, we had no interest in golf but getting to drive anything is awesome when you’re 11.

So one day we’d weaseled our way into going and had even talked them into letting us drive. All was going swimmingly until about the 6th hole. Dad hits a nice one straight down the fairway and hops back into the cart and tells me to take him down to his ball. We buzz down there and I park the cart approximately 7 inches from his ball. He gets a club and tells me to get the damn cart out of his way, what am I an idiot? What happened next is as clear as if it were yesterday.

I cut the wheel all the way to the left and floored it, making a big circle around to end up behind the old man. Meanwhile he’s taken his club and assumed the position and I pull up behind him. Stomped the brake at which point my greasy old flip flop slides off my foot and I tromp the gas. Ran smack into the Old Man, he never saw it coming. He flew through the windshield doubled over and landed wedged between the front of the seat and the dashboard with his legs and head sticking out the front of the cart. I’m jerking the wheel like a madman in a total panic all the while standing on the gas going as fast as the cart will take us down the fairway while Pop cusses a blue streak telling me to “Stop this Fuchking thing!”

His buddy and his kid were laughing their asses off. Sprained the schit out of Dad’s wrist, spilled his beer all over my lap. He was one mad Mofo. Then since his wrist was fugged and he’d paid for 18 he made me play the rest of the course. I think having to play and be serious was the worst punishment I could have got, I just knew that he was going to whip my ass if I fugged up.

Looking back 20 years later I can still picture the whole thing and I laugh my ass off every time I think about it. The Old Man still doesn’t think it was funny 😄

Cryin here!!!

lmao

+1.

Great story and well written.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I enjoy a bit of golf. I’m not much on keeping score and play for the occasional great shot. If I do keep score, a good round I’ll break 100. Would average maybe high 90’s -105. My putting is suspect at best. Lol.

Got to go to the US Open when it was out here a few years back. Pretty cool experience.

Which course is that?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by WTM45
rem,

Lessons wouldn't hurt but I just watched The Legend of Bagger Vance a couple of times and called it good.

Tin Cup has some pointers as well.

I highly suggest a 30 minute three-session lesson with the PGA/USGA teaching pro of your choice. It is very important to establish a correct swing early in your game development. It is worth every penny to get the tips for correct set up and swing plane. Putting alignment and short game footwork/swing can be one of the lessons.

Course management will come with time and you learning your abilities.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I know nothing about the game... but I do know there's 24 beers in a case and only 18 holes on a course.

I think I would get confused remembering to drink that extra one third of a beer each hole.

Fractions have always been extremely brutal on me.

It ain't easy.

I ran into a hustler yesterday. His attempts were feeble.

I had him move along.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pat85
25 more down today.

Not good. Not good. +18 on 18.

#loser

+ 18 on hole 18 ? Or + 18 after 18 holes?

I played 18 and was at +18 when I was done.

Then I stole about 7 holes.

#bluejay

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I made the mistake of taking my wife golfing one time. Short hole course in Brainerd, Mn. Her best shot, was when she teed off with her putter. I tried to stop it, but she was all ready into her swing. She hit the ball squarely, and it rose about 6 feet off the ground headed towards the green some 95 yards distant. Unfortunately it carried the green and whacked off the side of a golf cart on the back side of the green, before I could even yell 'FORE!" All I remember is seeing this plaid polyester ass diving over the side of the cart. Needless to say the polyester plaid pant's occupant wasn't real thrilled with the artillery like shot bouncing off the side of hiis E Z Go. It was quite the experience.

Last edited by gophergunner; 10/25/20.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

luv John

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She's a natural for sure!

Always start em with the putter they say.

God Bless America
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
played 18 holes this morning but gave up after 9, the 22yr old i stayed up with last night wore my ass out. still had fun, f-cking tired after only a couple hrs sleep.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
played 18 holes this morning but gave up after 9, the 22yr old i stayed up with last night wore my ass out. still had fun, f-cking tired after only a couple hrs sleep.

Oh for fugk sakes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Oh for fugk sakes.

a day in the life.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 20 of 116 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
765 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 90 invisible), 3,034 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,706
Posts18,400,100
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.