Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
.. Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy Ruger Single Six in Stainless Steel, into the holster, you only have four rounds left and there's 40 of them...

If he could produce a magic basket of bread to
feed the multitude, 40 rounds from a wheelgun
would be child's play.. grin

what we've got here or so it appears is that a system of beliefs are becoming under pressure, maybe attack, and are having troubles adjusting but haven't given up?

that is, gov't ordered churches to close because science said it must happen for us to remain safer than otherwise. most churches complied although grudgingly.

one wonders why there wasn't a grand outpouring of conventions, assemblies or group meetings to chastise the disease and whomever brought it?

no one placed curses on china for unleashing a disease that was actively killing off old folks, their caretakers and the first responders.

in fact in my interpretation they bowed down to elected gov't (mammon??), and let syria be taken over by the muslims.

pretty weak, but they are in the system, trying to maintain the hierarchy, and must not risk rocking the boat.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
How good is the “general welfare” of families when over 50% of first marriages end in divorce, and an even greater percentage of second marriages end in divorce, and an even still greater percentage of third marriages end in divorce...? And NONE of those failures has anything to do with “dignifying sodomy.” Giving these people the ability to provide for their “general welfare” in the ways that Nebraska mentioned above, while not infringing on your “general welfare” in any way whatsoever, seems right.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
The failures aren't part & parcel of virtue. The fact that people don't live up to the virtue being promoted in no way invalidates the attempt to promote virtue. Promoting vice does not make that vice into a virtue.
If you really want to make the ignorant argument that people's failures to live up to the ideal invalidate the ideal, we could pretend that gay "marriage" is a virtue and start comparing divorce rates, domestic violence numbers and infidelity, etc with real marriages. You won't like the numbers though, because sodomy loses on every count.
Another erroneous assumption that you make is that engaging in vice is somehow in the "general welfare" of homosexuals. Christ didn't condemn sodomy for just some people, He condemned it for everyone.
That’s a lengthy response, NONE of which negated the FACTS that I posted above it.

Some ‘Christians’ sure do come across as being quite angry...do they represent Jesus in a way that draws people from the onlooking world to Jesus...? Isn’t something off-kilter about such angry ‘Christians’...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus did say that not one jot or tittle of the old law has passed away.
No He didn’t. He said “For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” Jesus ‘fulfilled’ it (the law), now it’s over and done with. Jesus came to fulfill all that was written in the Law and the Prophets. All of it was pointing to Him. He accomplished what the Law required. All of the promises of God in the Law and the Prophets have been fulfilled in Jesus. The law was kept perfectly by Jesus. And all of its penalties against God’s sinful people were poured out on Jesus. Therefore, the Law is now manifestly NOT the path to righteousness; Jesus is. The ultimate goal of the Law is that we would look to Jesus, ‘not’ law-keeping, for our righteousness. When Jesus said ”It is finished”, He meant it. Apostle Paul meant it too when he said “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."
Obviously you disagree with Christ.
lol

On the contrary.
You don't even have a clue what he was talking about.
lol some more

Jesus’ world was rife with injustice, yet the Gospels record only one instance of what we have come to know as “righteous anger” on the part of Jesus.

What explains the venomous, diffuse distemper of some ‘Christians’...? Is their vitriol the mark of a disciple...?
The way you read it, murder is now OK, along with every other sin. If that is true, why will there be the particular and general judgments?

For that matter, why would we bother with civil law?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That’s a lengthy response, NONE of which negated the FACTS that I posted above it.

Some ‘Christians’ sure do come across as being quite angry...do they represent Jesus in a way that draws people from the onlooking world to Jesus...? Isn’t something off-kilter about such angry ‘Christians’...?
Angry? That's not me, that must be your feelings of guilt. I do believe you have guilt issues. There's some behavior you are refusing to address.

BTW, who said "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus wrapped up the law nicely in what we now know as the Golden Rule.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The Jim sez.....he gives notteth two schits what thyne Pope sayeth.

That also goes for the resteth of thyne religious nutteths.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Hey! Big James! Some of us Jesus freaks are regular guys! laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I appreciate the regular freaks Richard.

The super freaks on the other hand.....

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
To be serious Jim. This is no small part if "IT"
"Love your neighbor as yourself".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My roman brothers have my sympathy with regard to the antichrist now claiming to be pope.

Civil unions and the promotion of sodomy by govt is bad enough without the leader of the romans endorsing such.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The way you read it, murder is now OK, along with every other sin.
lol

You do come up with some doozies...!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Angry? That's not me, that must be your feelings of guilt. I do believe you have guilt issues. There's some behavior you are refusing to address.
still lol

Doozies on steroids even...!

BTW, who said "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"?
So now you’re bringing the occult into the discourse...!

lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Yes sir. Jesus’ entire ministry on earth can be summed up in that passage. And He said the Law and the Prophets (the entire Old Testament) can be summed up in that passage as well. That’s it. That’s what it’s all about. The rest is just cheap whiskey.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Yes sir. Jesus’ entire ministry on earth can be summed up in that passage. And He said the Law and the Prophets (the entire Old Testament) can be summed up in that passage as well. That’s it. That’s what it’s all about. The rest is just cheap whiskey.

As it relates to the Bible, define “The rest is just cheap whiskey “.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
When Jesus said what He did, there was no “the Bible”. Jesus’ discourse with the Pharisee regarding the greatest commandment...

One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” [Matthew 22:35-40. NIV]

To me, the second commandment is not subordinate to the first but merely second in sequence. “Like it” means ‘just as important’ or ‘equal to’...it means you can’t have the first without the second.

All of the Old Testament (the Law and the Prophets), and all of the New Testament (Jesus entire ministry on earth)...”hang on” loving God, and showing your love for God by loving others. Period. Apostle Paul (who wrote a ‘large’ part of the New Testament) said “the ONLY thing that matters is faith expressing itself through love.”

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The Jim sez.....he gives notteth two schits what thyne Pope sayeth.

That also goes for the resteth of thyne religious nutteths.

ok, shakespearian, impressed...extra points if you can say that in latin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
When Jesus said what He did, there was no “the Bible”. Jesus’ discourse with the Pharisee regarding the greatest commandment...

One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” [Matthew 22:35-40. NIV]

To me, the second commandment is not subordinate to the first but merely second in sequence. “Like it” means ‘just as important’ or ‘equal to’...it means you can’t have the first without the second.

All of the Old Testament (the Law and the Prophets), and all of the New Testament (Jesus entire ministry on earth)...”hang on” loving God, and showing your love for God by loving others. Period. Apostle Paul (who wrote a ‘large’ part of the New Testament) said “the ONLY thing that matters is faith expressing itself through love.”
Oh, so you have no idea what love is.

To you, love is handing a junkie a loaded syringe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And you are wrong about that.

This is just gaslighting on your part. You do not have much regard for anyone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, so you have no idea what love is.
lol
To you, love is handing a junkie a loaded syringe.
still lol
And you are wrong about that.
No I’m not.
This is just gaslighting on your part. You do not have much regard for anyone.
smh

Some angry and hypocritical ‘Christians’ likely push more people away from Jesus than Satan himself does.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
#JesusSaves

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,073
Posts18,463,784
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.