Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by viking
Small claims.....

He explored that. From what he tells me it’s a quagmire trying to figure out who to serve. Neither local or corporate will respond.

I would be tempted to go back and start a new project...undoing all the work he did for the original.

Fear the crabcat.
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by atomchaser
Originally Posted by Steve
Small claims.....

He explored that. From what he tells me it’s a quagmire trying to figure out who to serve. Neither local or corporate will respond.

Somebody signed the contract, didn't they? Go after them. He did get something signed, right?
Even if he didn't have a signed contract or PO, someone (store manager?) gave him verbal approval to do the work. Verbal agreements are considered contracts in most places. He should have filed in small claims against whoever gave him approval to do the work. He would have likely gotten paid before it when to court. My neighbor is a contractor and files in small claims frequently against non-payers.

That’s what I encouraged him to do. At this point I don’t know if he ever followed up on it. Next time I see him I’ll ask.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
At the minimum, he can draft a demand letter with the specifics (who authorized the work, what work was performed, etc) and send it to Walgreen's Corporate Legal Office. Lawyers hate these small nuisance claims. I was in a situation like this once (not Walgreens) and had gotten the run around for several months on an outstanding invoice. Once I got their legal department involved, was paid the next day by paypal (I don't usually take paypal but they agreed to pay the transaction fee as well). I have done lots of work for this customer since and they always pay promptly now.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Small claims.....

File a Labor Lien.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Borealis Bob: Excellent point there. The ghettoites have been stealing from and vandalizing and assaulting clerks at stores in their "neighborhoods" since 1969 (that I am aware of - maybe longer!) then they have the audacity to complain and scream racism when the stores close!
Case in point - year was 1969 when two of my workmates were on stakeout at a ghetto Safeway store because intelligence had been gathered that the "black panthers" were going to arson or bomb said Safeway.
Sure enough a ghetto welfare spawn black panther showed up in the dead of night and planted a bomb on the Safeway store.
My workmates ended up shooting the welfare spawn ghettoite "black panther" to death then and there!
Hubbub ensues where in racism, "red-lining" and other blusters were heaped upon the police and the Safeway store (that indeed eventually closed up!).
Yeah "Walgreens" is in a NO WIN situation but those empty shelves tell me a lot about the mentality and morality of those particular kalifornicationkopians!
I again hope this schit doesn't spread anymore than it already has.
Sda.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
The best part of that story is the accurate picture of a black guy headed out the door with some goods.

Mf’er is stealing an air bed.....

An Air bed........

Too fuggin lazy to get there early and get the good stuff?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
As I understand it, there are NO chain grocery stores operating within the city limits of Detroit. They don't like being robbed blind... who could blame them?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
The best part of that story is the accurate picture of a black guy headed out the door with some goods.

Mf’er is stealing an air bed.....

An Air bed........

Too fuggin lazy to get there early and get the good stuff?

That's probably his fourth or fifth trip.... that was all that was left by then.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rong
More Norwegians on the loose. laugh
That. I heard they came around here last week and cleaned out the Lutefisk supply..... DAMN 'em!!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It’s organized crime. Pay the blacks to steal the goods. Goods get sold on eBay, Amazon, Facebook, and Craigslist. That’s the real story. How much of what’s sold on online platforms actually stolen.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (22kHornet, 280fan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 38 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,286
Posts18,467,868
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.