Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Huh?

Close friend?

Originally Posted by H5farm
I am not sure if Mike had an underlying health issue no one knew of. We are all in shock of how fast covid took him.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Will be more interesting to see where it is in Mid-November.

Originally Posted by Calvin
It will be interesting to see where we are at with this in March.

Its ramping up here in Alaska.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by viking
So the Chinese tweaked this virus to weed out fat , I mean overweight people, smokers and folks in general poor health?

I bet the chinese used the 5 million of US taxpayer money that little prick fauci gave the wuhan bio lab
the guy here that died at 48 no one knows the conditions he might have had. diabetes very high BP heart condition fat pain pill addict etc. and friends and family will never admit it.
few days ago fauci said a infected guy in China coughed and the wind was just right to take the COVERT-19 virus and infect a guy in california 2 days later. this is a pic of the man infected in california by a guy that coughed in China. this is scary stuff

Attached Images
download-2020-10-24T084756.573 (1).jpeg (26.77 KB, 366 downloads)
Last edited by SPQR70AD; 10/25/20.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Sorry for your loss. That’s way too young to pass! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend’s family. That’s a terrible burden for them to bear.

To the covid nazis - my wife died from cancer at 43; a disease that kills a whole hell of a lot more people than ‘rona ever will. We really need some perspective. The problem most of us have with this hype is the DNC’s use of it as a political weapon! Furthermore, it targets specific age groups and health conditions. We need to protect those groups and the rest of us get on with life! This anti-science one size fits all approach is actually making things worse!

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 10/25/20.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We all die of something, many of my old friends have gone on to the next level. Sucks.

Last edited by rickt300; 10/26/20.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by viking
F u c k COVID-19, I had it. It’s wasn’t that bad and I am 51. Are you sure he didn’t have some underlying health conditions

As active as he apparently was, if he did, it wasn't anything serious.

PS RIP. We can think China for this crap.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I guess I was lucky then. I still don’t have any taste or smell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by broomd

Man, that is tough to read. So very sorry for your loss.

My little brother died after he went to bed five weeks ago yesterday. He was in good shape and 38 y/o, no drugs or issues.. I suspect that he had a brain aneurysm, but my twin sister (a doc) says to not rule out C-19. There are cases where healthy people simply keel over from the viral overload--cytokine storm.
We're still waiting on autopsy.

broomd, Very sorry to read this. Condolences

Last edited by Lonny; 10/25/20.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Its already been stated but being overweight seems to be a very common theme in those few who suffer more severe symptoms from covid. Let's be honest here; in most cases those who might be said to be a little overweight are actually obese. Most people who say they could loose 10 or 20 pounds probably need to loose 30-50 pounds. North Americans are fat. They are so fat that they don't realize they are fat until they get to be 50+ pounds overweight. Being average weight in a fat society means your fat.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This same exact post is on Trapperman, just saying.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

H
H5farm Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H

poboy yes I am a member too there, helped me to write my thoughts and share this. part of my grief I guess.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
We know people die. It's sad when friends and relatives die no matter what their age was or the cause.

Still, You have to make decisions based on odds. That's the plain truth. This statistics simply do not warrant the destruction of the worlds economy. This statistics simply do not warrant living your life in fear and staying locked up in your home. Life is risk. I almost kissed the guard rail the other day because of an icy road. Perspective is everything.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Very sorry to hear of your loss sir!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Its already been stated but being overweight seems to be a very common theme in those few who suffer more severe symptoms from covid. Let's be honest here; in most cases those who might be said to be a little overweight are actually obese. Most people who say they could loose 10 or 20 pounds probably need to loose 30-50 pounds. North Americans are fat. They are so fat that they don't realize they are fat until they get to be 50+ pounds overweight. Being average weight in a fat society means your fat.

Hypertension is also a hidden risk factor. Many, many 30-40 year olds have no idea hey have hypertension.

Last edited by OldHat; 10/25/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by xxclaro

That line of thinking makes a great deal of sense. Look, fat people are at much higher risk for: diabetes, heart disease, stroke, heart attack,.....meaning huge financial burden to the health care system. Obviously the fewer fat people in society the better. If young fat person w/o pre-existing conditions dies after being infected with the virus it only makes sense to list obesity as an extra risk....$$$$.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry about the loss of your friend. The World is poorer.

This incident does illustrate that prompt, serious treatment is needed if you even suspect you my have C-19. By the time you have have breathing problems that require hospitalization, it is too late for treatment to be effective. At that point, survival is a tossup.

Politics is War by Other Means
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Very sorry to hear about your bud. He sounded like a great guy and someone who'll be dearly missed by many.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Sorry about the loss of your friend. The World is poorer.

This incident does illustrate that prompt, serious treatment is needed if you even suspect you my have C-19. By the time you have have breathing problems that require hospitalization, it is too late for treatment to be effective. At that point, survival is a tossup.

+1. One can take poorer literally, the guy had two jobs, therefore, he was very productive supporter of the system.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sadly I recently lost my best bud Mike to covid. He was an avid Gun Rights and Trump supporter. Mike was 48 years old, decent shape a little over weight and no real underlying health conditions. He worked two jobs as he work for the State and wired houses at nights and on the weekends. He got "the vid" as he called it last week. He had a sore throat and fever one day and got tested within two hours they told him he was positive. He went home and complained about being quarantined for 10 days.

I called him every day and joked with him the way friends do. The first day he shot his new Xbow and cleaned some guns, the next he shot his Xbow again but said he was winded when walking to pull the arrows. All along he said his Covid was mild and no worse than the common cold.

On day three, he vomited and lost his sense of smell and taste. On day 4 he had trouble breathing. He almost passed out in the bathroom and his wife who was quarantined with him called the ambulance because he could not get up. They took him to the hospital, he got fluids, steroids and a breathing treatment. They released him 6 hours later told him he had pneumonia. I talked to him when he got home our last conversation. He said this vid is kicking my arse. He complained about being behind on wiring houses and missing out on bow hunting.

The next morning day 5, he was back at the hospital having breathing issues 02 low in his blood. They ordered plasma and the Trump steroid. We joke via text his plasma came from a democrat.

The morning of day 6 Mike was at 0800 he was moved to the ICU. Then at 10:00 put on a ventilator due to his 02 level being so low again. By 10:00 that night he would be dead due to complete organ failure and no longer being able to keep his blood pressure up.

We are all in shock. Mike never wore a mask, he didnt believe in them. Not sure if they help or not but he is dead. Not sure if going to his funeral tomorrow is even safe. I know that I will never get to hunt with my old buddy again. People die, we loose friend in my world he will never be replaced. Use your time wisely , you never know when its your time to leave this earth.

I will depart with this Covid is real it killed my friend, there is no cure, protect yourself as best you can 99.95% of people live. I hope you never have a loss to Covid but it is possible. Where I live 11 people have died in 3 days from it. You never know when someone you love could be next. I still whip out my phone to text or call but he is gone.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K

poboy yes I am a member too there, helped me to write my thoughts and share this. part of my grief I guess.

How many places have you posted this?

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,248
Posts18,466,936
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.