Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Reba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Never had a Glock before.

The trigger on this 5th Gen 9mm is really a POS. Very mushy and bights my trigger finger.

However it is very accurate.

What's the fix?

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Buy something other than a glock.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Maybe that was smart ass. Glock triggers have been the same since the beginning, there is not a whole lot you can do to them, you can make it some better but it will always suck.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
What does the OP mean by "mushy"? Is he talking about the takeup? There are many other striker fired pistols with a spongier trigger.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
No one buys a Glock for the trigger.

However, sanding the safety tab’s edges will ease the bite using more finger on the trigger will cure lots of low left shots most complain about and polishing the bottom of the trigger guard will add to comfort as well.

But there is nothing that will make it a light crisp target type trigger without sacrificing reliability.

I had 4 M&P’s with Apex triggers and kits in them, loved them but none of the trigger pulls were the same and I shot the Glocks better than the M&P’s. Sold all of my M&P’s and now have 5 Gen 5 Glocks with the same trigger pulls including a G45 which is close to my favorite.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Call Ghost Triggers, buy their complete target or defense trigger spring kit [35-40 bucks shipped iirc], take it to your gunsmith, my 'Smith installed the kit on the counter in front of me in 5 minutes, my G21 now hits the center of the target, trigger is a thousand times better than stock.

24HR member Rockchucker made the rec to me on a weekend visit here at the farm, you wont be sorry, if I had more Glocks, every one of them would be so equipped.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Reba

What's the fix?

Sig

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have glocks, i have ghosts, I have titanium strikers, I have spring kits, I have zevs, they improve but do not change the triggers, glock is a good gun, in my hands they work all the time, other manufacturers (sig) have surpassed the glock in several ways. Of course GlockDuffus can shoot one anyway, despite their many drawbacks.

Last edited by jimmyp; 10/26/20.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
They make several brands of pistols and for the most part they work, some offer something different than others are looking for.

The Glock trigger works, the gun works, accuracy is good, parts are cheap, there's not a lot to the guns.

Sig, well they are Sig. I've shot em, both the 320 and 365's along with owning a few P series guns, they just ain't for me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some Glock guys buy anything the company puts out insisting "new generation" is better. There is a guy asking about hi-cap magazines for G44. I think guys at GlockTalk are begging Shield Arms to make some. Personally, I would buy new Taurus .22 pistol instead. Fewer issues and high cap magazines are standard in jurisdictions that allow them. If one is not satisfied in Glock trigger there is always Walther PPQ.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Dry fire the piss out of it. Everyday. That’ll help you and the gun.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My experience with Glock's is like Jimmy's. The best thing to do with a Glock trigger is learn to live with it or replace the whole damn pistol. After I bought my first Glock I just couldn't understand what all the hype was about. Reliable pistol but a horrible trigger. After awhile I just stopped paying attention to the trigger and started focusing on shot placement and things got better.

Last edited by TC1; 10/26/20.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Glock trigger is unique; what your finger learned with your other guns may not help you. Start fresh and blank, concentrate on breathing or cheeseburgers and let your finger begin to understand.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ever since we left the 1911 and sold our soul's to plastic pistols the fake firearms news has clubbed us over the head and conditioned us to to accept shi-tty triggers. "Glock Perfection" anyone that disagreed was ridiculed. Yes its a robust, fires every time, and has adequate accuracy tool, but now SIG after years of getting their asses kicked has woken up and produced a plastic pistol with a better trigger. Sights matter, barrels matter, lock up matters, but when you have all of that and a 5 pound trigger that slams into the back wall when it breaks all of that "don't matter that much". All of that to say a G17 and a G20 are two of my favorite pistols, but not because they are as accurate as a P320 or P365 but because I have been using glock's a long time and I know they will absolutely 100%, never fail me in an emergency. We all have been conditioned to a tad of mediocrity!

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Everyone is welcome to buy what they want.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunner500
Call Ghost Triggers, buy their complete target or defense trigger spring kit [35-40 bucks shipped iirc], take it to your gunsmith, my 'Smith installed the kit on the counter in front of me in 5 minutes, my G21 now hits the center of the target, trigger is a thousand times better than stock.

24HR member Rockchucker made the rec to me on a weekend visit here at the farm, you wont be sorry, if I had more Glocks, every one of them would be so equipped.

Every one of mine are.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Every one of mine are.

You bet LD, there are handgun surgeons, and handgun sledgehammer swingers, I remain the latter, I could manipulate the stock trigger just fine on slow fire, anytime I added speed, shots hit low left, over and over again, the Ghost setup lightens it just enough that the shot is on the way and gone before I can mess it up.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Every one of mine are.

You bet LD, there are handgun surgeons, and handgun sledgehammer swingers, I remain the latter, I could manipulate the stock trigger just fine on slow fire, anytime I added speed, shots hit low left, over and over again, the Ghost setup lightens it just enough that the shot is on the way and gone before I can mess it up.

gunner, I just got an email from him yesterday he's got 20% off right now across the board.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nice! damn, almost makes me want to order a Glock 10MM! ; ]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
BTW, he [Ghost] sends some damn cool stickers, I gave em to my Gunsmith, he put em on his shop door. cool

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,772 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,346
Posts18,468,775
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.