Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Ten years ago......

Bought a new 35 HP 4x4 Kioti....shuttle drive..FEL....

Dealer 2 + hrs away........

Clean fuel......regular filter/oil/fluid changes...450 hrs now.......

Trouble free.....

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
I'd go kubota.

That being said our little 22horse massey has been great. 6 years of torture on 80 acres and only been in shop once.

What Model, Joel?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
K
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
K
My wife and I live on 11 acres and our driveway is a quarter of a mile long. We started with a John Deere walk behind snow blower and used that for 12 years then went to a 4-wheeler with a blade and a cab. In 2018 we bought a Kubota B2650 with a cab, front end loader and 60" snowblower. Now my wife loves to deal with the snow! She claims that it only snows when I'm at work. It's been flawless and the best thing, in my opinion, is that Kubota builds everything. Unlike John Deere. With Deere you will pay more just because of the name. Make sure you get a cab.
k2nd

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by k2nd
My wife and I live on 11 acres and our driveway is a quarter of a mile long. We started with a John Deere walk behind snow blower and used that for 12 years then went to a 4-wheeler with a blade and a cab. In 2018 we bought a Kubota B2650 with a cab, front end loader and 60" snowblower. Now my wife loves to deal with the snow! She claims that it only snows when I'm at work. It's been flawless and the best thing, in my opinion, is that Kubota builds everything. Unlike John Deere. With Deere you will pay more just because of the name. Make sure you get a cab.
k2nd

Deere are “green “ for a reason !

Lots of used ones around to choose from in all models.

tractorhouse.com

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Local dealer support!

Very big issue.

It’s all about the dealer support, IMO.

I’ve heard and read that for a big farm tractor, go green. Homeowners should look hard. @ kubota.

So I did. I’ve got the B 2560. It’s been great, which is good as the dealer is 3 hours away. Haven’t needed it yet except for maintenance parts.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'd go kubota.

That being said our little 22horse massey has been great. 6 years of torture on 80 acres and only been in shop once.

What Model, Joel?

Small 1705. Its not perfect but being smart on hydraulics and transmission use. Im impressed

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Have a 2013 JD 4510, little bigger than what you are looking for but it’s been solid. Prior to that I had a Kubota L3320, also a good machine.

Stay away from the “e” series JD’s which are junk. But the “grand” Kubotas and the larger Deere’s are solid.

M
McInnis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by k2nd
k2nd

That’s pretty similar to my situation. We have 8 acres and about a quarter mile of driveway. It doesn’t snow that much here but the house and attached garage make a V shape that faces NW so it really drifts in front of the driveway. Three inches of snow everywhere else means two ft in front of the garage.

My neighbor has Kubota BX2370 he really likes but it does seem a little under powered. I’m really listening to the comment about buying a bigger one you think you’ll need.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Kubota

Whatever size you’re thinking of get a bigger one

This in spades

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Everyone is telling you to go big but if you can get by with 25hp you won't have to have tier 4 emissions. If you go old enough you won't need to worry about it. If you go used avoid the kubota 3350. It's plagued with DPF problems. I like the L2501. It's heavy for its power but it's short on options. No middle PTO no cab and if you want gear drive it won't have live PTO. B2650 is lighter but can be had with middle PTO and a cab.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Kubota

Absolutely! I have a 2601. Should have went with the 33 hp instead. Mine has a little over 200 hours and has been trouble free. I use mine pretty hard.
The “want” has been when using the FEL and plowing the garden. It’s not a HP problem, it is a weight problem. I need more weight at times and it would have been solved with a 33 or larger.

Buy once, cry once.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Jd is no more expensive than Kubotas... anyone that says so wasnt comparing equal models. Sure the R series is going to cost more than a MX, as it should.

Both are great manufacturers... to me it would be which dealer is better first, then which machine felt better.... in that order as you wont be on it everyday making a living, if so Id swap the importance order.

Id feel safe in assuming you get a bit more snow in WY than I do.... if you get a lot, where you’ll be pushing snow a good bit, get remotes and a hydro blade. Id also get 3rd function upfront and get a hydro plow on my fel.

Why 30? 30 is big enough to tear stuff up, but small enough once you learn how to work it you’ll be mad its only 30. My around the house machine is 66hp and its still too small sometimes! Has the power but not the weight!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'd go kubota.

What Model, Joel?

Small 1705. Its not perfect but being smart on hydraulics and transmission use. Im impressed

Tuff machines.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Good post. Kubota and Deere aren’t priced that different. I went from a 32 hp tractor to a 60 hp, physically the more powerful tractor is only 20% larger (footprint). But weight and power makes the larger machine massively more useful and efficient. It’s not even close.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Kubota

Absolutely! I have a 2601. Should have went with the 33 hp instead. Mine has a little over 200 hours and has been trouble free. I use mine pretty hard.
The “want” has been when using the FEL and plowing the garden. It’s not a HP problem, it is a weight problem. I need more weight at times and it would have been solved with a 33 or larger.

Wheel weights, water in the tires and tire chains.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Check out
Tractorbynet.com
and go to the Forum
they have helped me out quite a bit.
I was told about them from my Kubota Dealer that sold me my MX5800 a couple years ago
On that Forum they will tell you that the dealer and how they treat you is just about as important as the Tractor it self.

I can not imagine having a better Dealer than the one that helped me out and is still helping me even after the years of owning my Tractor.
If you get a funny feeling talking to a particular Dealer I suggest finding one that you can talk to freely and that can talk to you freely.

Good Luck with what you eventually end up with.

Last edited by funshooter; 10/27/20.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I bought a 2020 JD 4044M this spring. I take care of 40 acres that is mostly pasture, mainly bush hogging and spraying. It’s been trouble free so far.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I bought a Kubota 62 horse tractor a few years ago and before that borrowed a John Deere about the same size. The Kubota outperformed it hands down. If I were buying new it would be Kubota. Used would be an older John Deere that was still made in the USA.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i went through this recently, i was upgrading from a 30 hp, wanting to get into a 45/50 hp.

I loooked at new holland, kubota, deere, bobcat, case ih.

I settled on a bobcat 45 hp 4 wheel drive, hydrostatic, with loader, pallet forks, bush hig mower, bix blade.

That was in June. I'm over 130 hours on the bobcat now, I like it, a lot.

Huge amount of leg room, suspension seat, the hydro trans and controls are excellent, loader is very strong. I did a lot of excavating with it in June, July, August.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The bobcat was by far, the best value.

Something clever here.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Go orange.

They are worth it in the long run.

Take the time to set in one and get a feel of the controls,they will let you do that.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,856
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.