Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have a Kubota MX5100 that I have loaned several times over the years to my neighbors when their JDs were in the shop. I borrow their trailers to transport cattle but never needed their tractors. Buy orange ......

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Kubota L3910 with an allied 295 loader . Its only got 1000 hours and will out last me .

Last edited by Rick n Tenn; 10/27/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a Kubota B2601 last winter. Been very reliable so far. Have been having issues with the loader's quick coupler leaking. They replaced it once. Did fine for a while then the new one started leaking. Had the guy out to look at it again. All under warranty.

Carpe' Scrotum
M
McInnis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by bucktail
Everyone is telling you to go big but if you can get by with 25hp you won't have to have tier 4 emissions...

This sounds important but I don’t know what that means. What are tier4 emissions and why are they bad?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Def systems i think.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by McInnis
I retired and moved to the country last year. I have a long gravel driveway and I fought the snow best I could with a snowblower last winter but I’m ready to say hell with that and get a compact tractor with a blade. I would use it for spreading gravel as well. Probably something in the 25-30 hp range.

I don’t live in a very populated area and there’s only two tractor dealerships close by - one’s a Kubota, the other’s John Deere. Any advice on these two?
New Holland is the best selling tractor on the planet.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
My Mahindra is a year old and needs to go back in for the second time for several warranty issues.

Little issues or what?

Bleed down on the bucket curl, an HST pedal that was sticky and some broken 3 pt linkage. Now it has a hydraulic leak (which may explain the bleed down on the FEL) and it also has an issue where it intermittently does nothing when I turn the key.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
i went through this recently, i was upgrading from a 30 hp, wanting to get into a 45/50 hp.

I loooked at new holland, kubota, deere, bobcat, case ih.

I settled on a bobcat 45 hp 4 wheel drive, hydrostatic, with loader, pallet forks, bush hig mower, bix blade.

That was in June. I'm over 130 hours on the bobcat now, I like it, a lot.

Huge amount of leg room, suspension seat, the hydro trans and controls are excellent, loader is very strong. I did a lot of excavating with it in June, July, August.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The bobcat was by far, the best value.

I am pretty sure they are rebadged Kioti tractors.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Kioti makes a good tractor and if a dealer is near you it would be an option I would suggest you look at. My son has a 45hp Kioti and it has be a good machine.

As others have said, having a good dealer that will be in business years from now is important.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by bucktail
Everyone is telling you to go big but if you can get by with 25hp you won't have to have tier 4 emissions...

This sounds important but I don’t know what that means. What are tier4 emissions and why are they bad?

My Kubota MX5800 has a Regen Burn and it tells you when you need to do it.
No DEF to add to it.
The DEF is for larger engines

IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
The dealer in Worland sells Kiotti if you want another alternative. I plow with my Yamaha Viking faster than a tractor but not as versatile for other jobs. The best deals on used tractors are back in Midwest, There is also another guy in Riggins Idaho that sells TYM tractors and reconditioned gray market Japanese compact tractors. As has been mentioned service is a big thing but I am sure both dealers in Powell would service a used model of their brand even if not bought from them. For what it is worth I bought a lawn tractor from the John Deere dealer in Powell and I thought they provide great service.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
i went through this recently, i was upgrading from a 30 hp, wanting to get into a 45/50 hp.

I loooked at new holland, kubota, deere, bobcat, case ih.

I settled on a bobcat 45 hp 4 wheel drive, hydrostatic, with loader, pallet forks, bush hig mower, bix blade.

That was in June. I'm over 130 hours on the bobcat now, I like it, a lot.

Huge amount of leg room, suspension seat, the hydro trans and controls are excellent, loader is very strong. I did a lot of excavating with it in June, July, August.

The bobcat was by far, the best value.

I am pretty sure they are rebadged Kioti tractors.

Designed by bobcat, built by daedong who also builds kioti. I think new holland is more of a rebrand than bobcat these days. LS tractors.

Bobcat sold compact tractors until somewhere around 2011-2014 then got out of tractors. They just re entered the market with seemingly agressive pricing breaks and incentives.

I wish my front axle has more articulation than it does, other than that I have no gripes. As others have said, the tier 4 is a regen, like an exhaust filter cleaning cycle without def.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Loader strength is something I needed. Coming from a new holland TC30 (bullet proof by the way), which had a lifting capacity of about 800 lbs... that wasn't nearly enough for me.
Loader capacity was difficult to research and compare because everyone listed their capacities differently. In the end, after translating everyones BS, i felt the bobcat unit had very good lifting strength comoared to kubota (which was on my short list)

I'm not disappointed.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I only have anecdotal evidence but my FIL had a John Deere that stayed broke as much as it ran. They ended up just parking it and using the Fords they had.

MIL had a Kubota 3 cylinder diesel and it would sit for 6 months until I'd go to start it - get a fresh charge on the battery and it would fire up every time. The only problem we had with it was a rim rusting. 4wd. I think it was a B7200 series which used is worth about $4K right now.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Loader strength is something I needed. Coming from a new holland TC30 (bullet proof by the way), which had a lifting capacity of about 800 lbs... that wasn't nearly enough for me.
Loader capacity was difficult to research and compare because everyone listed their capacities differently. In the end, after translating everyones BS, i felt the bobcat unit had very good lifting strength comoared to kubota (which was on my short list)

I'm not disappointed.

FWIW I like the color scheme too. Had that been an option when I was shopping, I would have considered it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think new holland is more of a rebrand than bobcat these days. LS tractors.

In the very small tractors, yes. LS makes some New Hollands. Case too.

Case-New Holland (CNH Corp) has used them for quite awhile to make the small tractors. But you get up past 45hp, and they break away from LS more, and stick with Fiat roots.

Most New Hollands, and Case tractors are made by CNH. They even have quite a big factory in Mexico.

It's interesting to watch the global tractor market these days.

Personally, I'd like to see the old "color brands" get away from the color stereotypes. Way too many blue that isn't NH, as well as too many oragne that isn't Kubota, and red that isn't Case, and green that isn't JD....

Love to have color options with tractors. I damn sure wouldn't pick red, blue, green or orange. My tractors would be tan.... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Buy a JD or Kubota if you plan on keeping it a long time (parts availability) or for resale value buy a Kubota or JD. There's really only two options when buying a small tractor. My new Kubota has over 3k hours in 4 years without any mechanical issues. It's a little quirky and herky jerky compared to my JD tractors but I won't be buying anymore green tractors.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Buy a JD or Kubota if you plan on keeping it a long time (parts availability) or for resale value buy a Kubota or JD. There's really only two options when buying a small tractor. My new Kubota has over 3k hours in 4 years without any mechanical issues. It's a little quirky and herky jerky compared to my JD tractors but I won't be buying anymore green tractors.

What hp is the Kubota?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I retired and moved to the country last year. I have a long gravel driveway and I fought the snow best I could with a snowblower last winter but I’m ready to say hell with that and get a compact tractor with a blade. I would use it for spreading gravel as well. Probably something in the 25-30 hp range.

I don’t live in a very populated area and there’s only two tractor dealerships close by - one’s a Kubota, the other’s John Deere. Any advice on these two?
Deere... Their compact tractors are built like tanks.. In that HP range, consider the 1025 or similar..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Not a chance I would buy a little Deere, I know lots of guys that have the stuff in the 25 hp range like 1025’s, etc. Trash IMO, and way overpriced. And that’s coming from a JD tractor owner.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
642 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.