Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Milwroad
Yup, getting pretty bad here. Up until this week I did not know anyone who actually contracted it. That has really changed in the last week. My hunting buddy got it this week. So have others I know. Even our quarterback and his backup have it. Part is just more testing but I think it is real. People moving inside in cooler weather, not social distancing, not wearing masks to protect their friends, etc. Fortunately severe cases are low. While I believe in individual rights I think we need to think about others and do what we can to limit the spread. When friends push back for one reason or another I remind them them of London during the blitz. They asked everyone to turn off lights at night or cover windows. People did it for the greater good, they did not say "no, it is a free country and I will do whatever I want." I am not saying that this is similar to the blitz. Thank God it is not but the principle of taking actions voluntarily for the common good should be one we all think about.

Biden has a corner in his basement that you, and your buddy ISRO, can hide out in 'til the dangers of living pass.

God bless you, Skeen. Adieu pukes.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
BP-B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Wife works for the local health dept, she tested positive yesterday. Me and the kids are quarantined until Nov 18, just in time for hunting season!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But but but I thought the mask mandate for the last two months was supposed to save us from the evil virus......

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Like the "we need to spend more on education" mantra, "if we just mask up or shut everything down, it will be over with" comes into play.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Concerned troll, and Biden voter, is super concerned.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Buddy of mine down the street tested positive today, Saw him last weekend, only a couple minutes. Don't meet the threshold for self quarantine, but I'm monitoring my temp pretty closely.

Any supposed hunter/gun owner that voted for Biden, I seriously hope catches it and dies. Hopefully with some suffering involved. Go fuqk yourself.
Time to give [bleep] like you NO quarter. You’re the enemy.

You forgot, God bless.

The anti gun chinese trolls are active tonite.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by skeen
Yup, getting pretty bad here. Up until this week I did not know anyone who actually contracted it. That has really changed in the last week. My hunting buddy got it this week. So have others I know. Even our quarterback and his backup have it. Part is just more testing but I think it is real. People moving inside in cooler weather, not social distancing, not wearing masks to protect their friends, etc. Fortunately severe cases are low. While I believe in individual rights I think we need to think about others and do what we can to limit the spread. When friends push back for one reason or another I remind them them of London during the blitz. They asked everyone to turn off lights at night or cover windows. People did it for the greater good, they did not say "no, it is a free country and I will do whatever I want." I am not saying that this is similar to the blitz. Thank God it is not but the principle of taking actions voluntarily for the common good should be one we all think about.

Biden has a corner in his basement that you, and your buddy ISRO, can hide out in 'til the dangers of living pass.

I am not a Biden man and if you knew me you would know I never hide, but I also think that a little common concern about how our actions impact others (economists call this an externality) is warranted in this situation and appreciated by many inside and outside these forums.

Are the Packers going to social distance and wear masks the entire season during practice and during season play to saves lives?

Sure seems like their defense is distancing a bit too often!

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.- Albert Einstein
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tomorrow is my last day of quarantine. I am feeling great. Even went out bowhunting last night and tonight.I am not sure what is going on here in Wisconsin but my Wife.BIL.and Mother and Father in Law have it. I knew one person till about 10 days ago that had it.Now I know a whole bunch more All in Wisconsin.

Bill

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Meh...getting a little crowded anyway

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ISRO

Running with the big dogs now, what gives Wisco?

Number 4 in active cases in last week

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesinlast7days
And I don't believe a word of it.. Those numbers are being skewed by this leftist governor so as to allow him to add another month or two to his 'emergency actions'..... Keep in mind they built a temporary 'field hospital' at the state's State Fairgrounds with a ton of beds and staff... As of yesterday, there was ONE - repeat, ONE person there and she was to be released tomorrow....

There've been credible reports of med staff sending in new, unused swabs for covid testing and all came back positive... Each new case = X # of $ for the hosptial, so there's incredible pressure to keep those positive tests comin' in....

Eff Evers - now and forever..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3 Counties in Ohio are supposed to go "purple" tomorrow - meaning the number of cases are so high it requires a mandatory shutdown

yet the number of hospitalizations, deaths, and associated casualties is about 20% of what it was in March

I think if DeWine starts mandatory shutdown people are going to revolt and just ignore him, and even the police aren't going to enforce any actions on his part.

Unless hospitalizations start maxing out, then STFU, get off the TV and let people live their lives.

Last edited by KFWA; 10/28/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ISRO

Running with the big dogs now, what gives Wisco?

Number 4 in active cases in last week

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesinlast7days

Propaganda, designed to try and convince the voters that Orange Man is killing them.

Ignore it, it’s fake.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can get hydroxychloroquine pretty cheap. Why not do it if you are worried.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is the curve flat yet?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A few less mouths to feed are a few less mouths to feed. As long as the good cheese curds and Central Water's Bourbon Barrel Stout are readily available IDGF.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
After the election, COVID will fade away.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by deflave
Is the curve flat yet?

LOL

Thought gook ass was always flat

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
ISRO and Tim are scared to fugking death.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Viruses do what viruses do,

Spreads from 2 to 25 to 800 to 80,000 and beyond.

Shutdown does what? Slows the transmission? The virus is still waiting for you when you emerge from the basement in a month. It is not going away. In fact, it will stay endemic and likely become a seasonal thing....like the...... wait for it.....flu!

So unless ALL the hospitals are full with COVID cases only, what is the purpose of another shutdown? You gonna shutdown until 2022? 2023?
It will take that long to develop and distribute and administer 300 million doses of the vaccine in this country alone. Meanwhile, the virus will keep doing its thing.

I thought the mask was the answer? Plenty of people are faithful with this mask thing, yet numbers keep going up. Why is that, mask people?Certainly in this state many more people wear the mask in public than don't. Many more. Thought this was the answer? Thought Social Distancing was the answer?

There are only 2 answers: 1.) an effective vaccine or 2.) Herd Immunity

Since #1 isn't available at this point, Mother Nature is making #2 happen. Mother Nature is defeating your social distance, your masks, and your shutdowns. As is typical for these respiratory Pandemics, the numbers grow until they seem to shoot into the stratosphere, and then plummet. We are in that logarithmic growth phase right now that is typical. I'll guess we will see cases skyrocket right through the first of the year, maybe until Spring before the curve breaks and plummets. That is, unless everyone hides in the basement. Then it will slow while they are in the basement, then Mother Nature takes over and the virus grabs people and once again the numbers jump.

Anybody think this start and stop stuff is the answer?

It's a virus. It does what viruses do. Once out of Wuhan, you weren't going to stop it. You have 2 solutions, and #1 ain't here yet and no guarantee it will be here soon enough.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
of course...much of what they said, before they changed their totalitarian minds, is turning out to be true. Further waves, can't stop it, masks do nothing. Virtually total mask compliance and still the rise in cases.

let it run it's course sooner than later

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
723 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 88 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,698
Posts18,399,950
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.