Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Thats a good one. I have told several buds lately that I want that scope. 8oz won't kill me, but my wife might.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by AMRA
ct,you had a zeiss with the rapid z600 ret how did it work for you here at dark thirty here in alabama?
I just got a NIB Meopro 6x42 #4 ret to try this year hunting here in AL.

I have a rapid z 800 and a rapid z 600. Both are quite visible in last legal shooting light. At least as good or better than a leupold vx3 duplex.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don’t know in five pages if anyone has addressed the first verses second plane reticle, but when I bought my European Zeiss and Swarovski scopes, these variables have the first plane reticle that do not magnify the reticle when they magnify the image. My #8 reticle in my Zeiss looks very much like your first photograph except that the #8 has the top of the cross hair also heavy. You said 600 yards, but I’ve never had to hold high on anything, so low light brightness and being able to see the reticle has been the most important for me. A strange thing happens in very low light with that #8 reticle. While I know that the center cross hair is thinner, my minds eye fills in that thinner center section with the heavier outer cross hair size. I can’t explain it, but it’s there and there is no not being able to see that dark cross hair into low nearly no light.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I like the original mil dot, not the 1/3 mil size ones. The reticle posts are very thick good for close up fast shooting and the dots are plenty dark enough to stand out on any game I would shoot. Just my 2 cents.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by spence1875
I like the original mil dot, not the 1/3 mil size ones. The reticle posts are very thick good for close up fast shooting and the dots are plenty dark enough to stand out on any game I would shoot. Just my 2 cents.

I've used a regular mildot in a 6x42 more than any other scope the past several years. I'll be carrying it in a couple of hours for this morning's hunt. It's still a good reticle.....the ones pictured above are just an improvement on it with illum and 1/2 mil markers.

I know this is against the grain here but playing around with SWFA's milquad and picture editing I added a fourth/lower post to the reticle with the same subtensions as the top and sides. That would be a great reticle for the times I'm using it in thicker backgrounds, low light, and wouldn't hurt my use at all for longer ranges as I won't be using as much drop as it has, especially if I can dial...... Cap windage, zero stop elevation dial, add this reticle and the already great 3-9 SWFA gets even better for my use.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Got my vote.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Got my vote.

Mine too....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's simply the 1-6x HD's reticle. Hint.

225yds,on the nose. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just saying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
That's simply the 1-6x HD's reticle. Hint.

225yds,on the nose. Hint.

Just saying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

I could like that in the 3-9.

I've not touched the 1-6.....how low can the ilum be set? Low enough it doesn't wash out the image in low light?

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
They got the illum right on the 1-6 SS. On lowest setting, dim but visible in full dark. On highest setting, dim but visible in full daylight, with settings for every situation in between.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thanks John.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The Meopta 4A&B comes close to being ideal for my use. These are a German #4 with hash marks.https://www.slideshare.net/Optics-Trade/technical-data-meopta-reticle-subtensions-optics-trade

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
They got the illum right on the 1-6 SS. On lowest setting, dim but visible in full dark. On highest setting, dim but visible in full daylight, with settings for every situation in between.

John

I love them 1x6’s myself. Maybe a touch heavy but man are they versatile and capable beyond about anything else in their price range.

I just snatched a Demo C from the Sample List. Good optics to have around.

Semper Fi
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,984 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,697
Posts18,456,685
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.