Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Then maybe "bowls or half balls" have more tilt followed by ball heads?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ball heads certainly have a wider range of motion, but levelling bases with 16+ degrees of tilt in any direction are more that enough. The tripod legs can be adjusted for a shot in the rare case that more tilt is needed.

The biggest advantage of levelling heads over ball heads is that they are much more stable.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is decent for the price but I am not sure if leg cam locks are better.

https://www.nightgoggles.com/shop/shooting-tripods/tripods/night-stalker-shooting-tripod/

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Been looking at this and mounting Arca rails on s couple of rifles.... But, back to thinking of a US made clamp. 66lb cap and 2" ball (that's what she said)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087RP5V5...ZYSMW&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by aalf
US made?

No they are not. Innorel, Arctice, Benro, all Chinky the best I have been able to tell. Had not seen the Innorel = Arctice...

SLIK might be Japan. Gitzo and most Manfroto Euro.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, this looks like a really decent deal, whatcha think? Chinacom no doubt

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086X6RX5...b05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=#customerReviews

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Artcise and Innoral looks to be the same, just labeled different, and both MIC.

I have both the Innoral RT-90C and the RT-80C, and switch a Delow 55 ballhead between them.

I bought the 90C 1st, just for shooting off of, I wasn't worried about the weight. Then decided I might want to use one for hunting, and bought the 80C, which goes tall enough to shoot standing, but quite a bit lighter than the 90C. It weighs 6-5 with the 55 ballhead and Hog Saddle. The 90C weighs 5-13 by itself.

Anything with a center post is going to add a lot of defection to the rig, best to avoid if possible.

I have less money in three setups, than a guy would spend with one labeled RRS........

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks. Yeah, the center post is removable and no need to use it.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

Is it configured to mount something to it otherwise?

GREAT info here. Aalf, you have me sold on avoiding a center column, THANKS.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Liking this. I will go long and far for flip lock legs. I have a few leg sets to consider before buying more. Slik is worth looking at for legs, per Jordan and prior photo experience, Japan, although not flip lock its a wingnut.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089ZZTD7...ZYSMW&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 10/28/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

The center post can be used as a mono pod. I do prefer the flip lock legs .
So the bowl configuration allows cant and a pig saddle can be put on the bowl? Leaning to that one MtnB

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If fully collapsed and tightened, I haven't found the center post to cause any additional instability, but it can come in handy in certain scenarios. A saddle can be put on any standard levelling head or bowl.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

The center post can be used as a mono pod. I do prefer the flip lock legs .
So the bowl configuration allows cant and a pig saddle can be put on the bowl? Leaning to that one MtnB

What I am getting at, is anything that mounts on that tripod, mounts to the center post... There may be exceptions.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have a pretty burly tripod by the name Ravelli. I, initially plan to use the legs and cut the center post off to about 6" or so, whatever gives my ability to go prone, once I determine what'll be on top. Getting more ideas and appreciate the inputs.

--- Kid Rock 2022

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The Artcise and Innoral looks to be the same, just labeled different, and both MIC.

I have both the Innoral RT-90C and the RT-80C, and switch a Delow 55 ballhead between them.

I bought the 90C 1st, just for shooting off of, I wasn't worried about the weight. Then decided I might want to use one for hunting, and bought the 80C, which goes tall enough to shoot standing, but quite a bit lighter than the 90C. It weighs 6-5 with the 55 ballhead and Hog Saddle. The 90C weighs 5-13 by itself.

Anything with a center post is going to add a lot of defection to the rig, best to avoid if possible.

I have less money in three setups, than a guy would spend with one labeled RRS........

Aalf,

What leveling bases would you recommend to interface between the 80c and 90c and a hog saddle?

Thanks,

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

Aalf,

What leveling bases would you recommend to interface between the 80c and 90c and a hog saddle?

Thanks,

John

Tough for me to make a recommendation, as I don't use one, and have only fiddled around with my buddy's, which I don't recall what brand it is.

Either of the two tripods you mention come with the bowl adapters, which you can directly bolt the Hog Saddle to, with the full adjustment range of tilt & pan used in almost any possible shooting/hunting scenario.

The 90C's only problem using the adapter can be with the extra bowl diameter over the 80, that the large knob on the side of the Hog Saddle can get in the way when you try to pan/tilt all the way on that side. I can't imagine trying to shoot that far out of shape where it would be an issue.

I've procrastinated for a long time on buying the saddle Jordan linked, want to buy that to save some weight over the Hog Saddle for packing when coyote hunting, then leave the ball head on the 90C, and use the included bowl adapter on the 80C.

90C with the Desmond DLOW 55:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thoughts on weight ratings needed for an 8-9 pound rifle? Overkill +P+?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 22 lbs models are plenty. They handle my 18 lbs match rifles without issue.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,979 guests, and 1,425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,474
Posts18,451,783
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.