Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rickt300

Check out Anderson county, Texas, that place is swimming in meth and other drugs.

Not just there.
It's everywhere I've ever been, every county
has dope trouble.
Every state in the US I've been to has dopers.
We will until we're willing to do something
about it and stop pretending it's harmless

Last edited by Ranger99; 10/29/20.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Good read with many facts.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like a lot of BS

Sam......

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
It's not only the guns that are loaded.....................................

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"5. Get Training. This is the urgent one. Whether its from a course I’m running, or one of the many run by fellow American Partisan contributors and trainers such as Sam Culper or JC Dodge, you owe it to yourself to learn from those that have the real-world bona-fides in their specific areas of interest. In fact, JC Dodge has a course coming up just after the election- go train with him. "

Every one of those training groups or "militias"or SHTF "clubs" is infiltrated by an FB EYE agent or other "security" type LEO agencies.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I don't buy it (and that is one of the typical reasons for this type of stuff - it sells - something). So who are the drug addled, poor, rural redneck going to revolt against. Are they going to revolt against their neighbors - I doubt it. Or are they going to hitchhike into the suburbs or towns (which in our case is 30 miles away) and do what?. And that town is all of 20,000. We do have some poor - usually an elderly widow. I don't see them joining Antifa. We have some younger and middle age druggies, like all communities, but they aren't highly motivated, and are typically relatively lazy. A lot of people in our rural areas are middle class, retired or nearly so. Some have lived here for generations, but many have come to the rural lifestyle in the last 20-30 years. What they have in common is wanting to be left alone and to have no near neighbors. They are hard working (you generally have to be if you live rural, because there is always something that need to be done), relatively smart, and willing to help out when needed. And they are all armed. Even the elderly widow.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
logger nails it, around here, even the tweakers and dope smokers have pretty traditional values.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yeah, but....

The problem with rural areas is that they are basically empty. There are almost more people in DFW alone than there are in Arkansas and Oklahoma combined. Those two largely rural states would have six to eight million hungry people a short drive, hell, even just a few days walk from them in any sort of SHTF situation. And as they say, quantity has a quality all of its own.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
If you want to know about drug abuse in rural America, read "Dreamland" by Sam Quinones.

If you really want to know about rural America you live there, you know the folks, good or bad. If you're good, others will respect you, even your innocence, & warn you of the bad. Paying attention helps, & get's you respect.

Reading a book might tell you what I just did, otherwise? Live there, fit in, & learn. Or......................

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by flintlocke
logger nails it, around here, even the tweakers and dope smokers have pretty traditional values.

JFC! tweakers and dopers share your values! you phuggin hillbillies have to quit interbreeding.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many years ago I was an LEO in a small Iowa town. We got word the local redneck dope smoking idiots were going to tear up a local bar because they did not like the owner. The chief went to Des Moines and bought some tear gas canisters. I had a red smoke grenade I had "borrowed" from the National Guard. The plan was as soon as the bartender called we were going to converge onto the bar and throw in the smoke grenade and a couple canisters of tear gas. Then, we were going to do our best to hold the doors closed until we thought we had them plenty gassed and smoked up.. Unfortunately, the Chief told a father in law of one of the red neck dope smoking punk instigators and the rumble did not go off. But, we got into our patrol cars that night loaded with tear gas and smoke grenades.

Unfortunately, there is not near enough tear gas and smoke grenades in patrol cars in 2020. Too many pansy mayors and too many unemployed attorneys waiting to cash in. Yes, I blame the democrats.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Jest about every farmer and or rancher has one of these........

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

In God We Trust
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Dave_Keith
Jest about every farmer and or rancher has one of these........

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^plus, dozer, track hoe, hogs, lime by the ton, 5-6 thousand gallons red diesel..........grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The point of the article was to get you to sign up for the author’s “training”

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Raeford
Appalachia may be riddled with meth heads but it's also riddled with non-meth head rednecks[phuggers that can shoot deer in the ear at 100yds in the dark with a .22].
Those pukes really don't want to come out here.

I don't think the average person realizes just how dark it gets out here at night, and, we're not afraid of the dark. In fact, we like the dark.

Dumbass article. NC Scount sounds like one of those fatass skittles ninjas who get all their training from video games.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by mrfudd

Yep, bet there's a few here that could give him tips on business, marketing AND "training" cool

Trump Won!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mrfudd

outdoorsinNC.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
American Partisan
By NC Scount
October 28, 2020

There’s a common misconception in the Survivalist community. “I’ll retreat…get away from the major population centers…work to live off the grid…and let the urban hellholes rot.”

Well…about that.

Rural living is, for all intents and purposes, a better way to live. We’re more in tune with the natural world by and large, not in spite of it, and for the most part the lifestyle lends itself well to harder people used to doing without. And for people like me, there’s nothing that replaces the generations-deep connections to your homeland. The people there are your people- and in spite of differences, there is a deeply ingrained love of place. It is home.

Sounds good until the problems begin to bubble up. The first issue is questioning exactly how many in those rural areas are actually self-sufficient. That answer is probably few. And the rates of addiction and substance abuse is in turn shockingly high, correlated with the inevitable poverty rate. This was not by accident. The trailer-hood is a thing. Opioids were dumped on our population by Big Pharma, just as with the rise of decentralized meth manufacturing two decades earlier, and the crack epidemic which made its way into rural America just the same as the well-publicized urban epidemics during the 1990s. Home invasions and thefts are the norm.

No, not quite the retreat paradise the suburbanites had envisioned…is it?

Dusting off the old sociology coursework, I’d argue rather convincingly that this creates a populace primed for violent revolution. Decades of institutionalized poverty have created a primed pump. This in turn is a reality that one group on the Left whole-heartedly is attempting to exploit (albeit self defeated at times): Redneck Revolt.

Redneck Revolt is active in spaces in which white supremacist groups also often recruit, including country music concerts, flea markets, gun shows, NASCAR events, rodeos and state fairs. Chapters provide firearms and first aid training, food and clothing programs and community gardens and host needle exchanges, potlucks and educational events.

Interesting bit there. While the Left is no stranger to infighting, at a possibly even worse level than their counterparts on the Right, Redneck Revolt admittedly is correct in focusing on rural areas as a vanguard for fomenting revolution. This is reflective of the strategy employed by Che Guevara’s opinion on the same from his work Guerrilla Warfare. They are seeking to exploit the social and economic realities for their benefit. While the gun community snobs look down on guys with inexpensive gear, cheap weapons and optics, and a general lack of cool-guy bravado, they wholly embrace it. Its a more effective recruiting model than belittling a guy to whom $20 may mean the difference between if his kids eat why he can’t afford a NightForce and BCM AR-15.

This creates a serious potential in the rural areas. For all those I’ve personally heard claiming ‘that can’t happen here’, I argue that not only can a rural area be overrun quickly, but, without training and networking small isolated homesteads are easy pickings for a small team of determined attackers. With only one or two real trigger pullers in a home and little to no warning against a force that likely is well equipped with enablers such as night vision and thermal, you’d be easy pickings in the event that big balloon goes up.

So this begs the question as to mitigating this threat.

1. Take every opportunity to get to know your neighbors and bring something of value to the table. Understand that if you’re an outsider to a rural place, you’ll be exactly that for years. Rural folks are slow to warm up to new people. Be quick and receptive to taking advice and rare to give it yourself.

2. Take every opportunity to embrace the tradition of a place. The Left abhors tradition and the authority inherent in it. They exist to destroy it, viewing it only as an oppressive force maintaining status and social domination. Celebrate traditions and be a fixture in Church.

3. Stop saying ‘it can’t happen here.’ It absolutely can, and likely will, post-election. A normalcy bias exists, especially among rural areas and so-called retreatists, that they’re somehow exempted from all this. You’re not. The Left has been laying the groundwork for their revolution for well over 100 years and despite a few setbacks, plan to steamroll ahead.

4. Build an off-grid communications network. This is invaluable for early warning and critical for rural defense. Reliance on phone networks is problematic for a lot of reasons but central to that is its inherent fragility. I’ve been re-running old American Partisan communications articles on Brushbeater to refresh that knowledge,but nothing replaces training. Get some.

5. Get Training. This is the urgent one. Whether its from a course I’m running, or one of the many run by fellow American Partisan contributors and trainers such as Sam Culper or JC Dodge, you owe it to yourself to learn from those that have the real-world bona-fides in their specific areas of interest. In fact, JC Dodge has a course coming up just after the election- go train with him.

The next seven days in America will tell us much about the shaping of our future as a nation, but the days after it will tell us much more. The Left sees an opportunity, and while many on the Right have completely written off the threat posed to rural areas by Redneck Revolt, I contend, with a substantial amount of history to back it up, that for rural areas the threat may very well be the highest.

Be a hard target.

This entire article is total BS! From a life long Okie, bred and born in the Sooner State, "trailerhood" applies only to the 90% of Oklahoma Sooner football fans!

[Linked Image from kwtv.images.worldnow.com]

BTW, Oklahoma has had a law on the books, for decades, that was designed to prevent criminal doctors from ordering copious amounts of opioid medications to their personal clinics, under a single patient's name, thus allowing them to sell the vast remnant of medications on the black market.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
There is a drug/alcohol problem because of the people who abuse the substances, mitigated by those who tolerate the resulting consequences. Examine the impact of drug abuse and the corruption that allows it on societies in which it is not tolerated: ex. Singapore. The Darwinian model would eliminate the losers and make the world a better place. Tolerance is a weakness embraced by modern, sheltered humanists who will soon be azz raped by the barbarians.

Not many drugees in Israel or the Taliban, living on the edge leaves little room for the losers to thrive.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I can't speak for other parts of the country, but if there is ever a shooting war where I live, it'll be the government against the citizens. No Antifa bullsheit would last 10 minutes here.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,075
Posts18,463,807
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.