-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
My friends wife needs some help valuing at Toyota Tacoma. Belongs to her husband who has OCD to the 10th degree but makes extremely rash decisions that cost money. She is going to try and talk some sense into him.

He is thinking about a new truck but due to OCD wants to spend $1200 to repaint the fiberglass cap that has minor fading on top, spend another $1000 on tires that do not need replacing etc to the tune of $5k of what he thinks need to be done before selling. He thinks it must be showroom perfect before he can sell it. Go figure. He got a bug to buy a hot rod last year and decided he had to sell his 1965 matching numbers vette convertible that he had not driven in 29 years. Value was $25k but he told first guy that looked at it he would sell it that day for $14K and of course he bought it. I can see him spending $5k to fix it perfect and then selling for $8 as he wants it gone that day. He has zero patience when he decides to do something.

It is a 2002 tacamo single owner, limited model, full size 4 dr, 4wheel drive with TRD off road package, AT/AC 170,000 miles, power everything, new frame with all new suspension, brakes, brake lines etc by toyota 2 years ago, etc. Meticuosly maintained only by Toyota with all services done on or before schedule. Seats not torn, slight wear only. Never off roaded. He got a small scratch on bumper and had to replace the bumper so absolutely never wrecked, no dents and dings etc. Never run in saltwater. He is 73 years and the speed limit is something to be 10mph under. I hate riding with him.

Can someone give me a good ball park on ranges for price. I am thinking mayb $11k low end and has high as $14-15K for this clean a truck maintained like it is.

No it is not for sale today and is in Wilmington NC so do not email me to buy it. WHEN it becomes available I might post it here too.

Last edited by BountyHunter; 10/21/20.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A friend of mine bought a beige 2003 4DR/4wd model in "grandpa truck" condition a few years ago. Had a Warn winch and a toolbox. Not offroaded. Great shape. 130k miles. He gave the seller his asking price of $13k for it, and this was about 3-4 years ago. I'd be thinking maybe $11-12k for the one you're talking about, if it was around here.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My insurance company paid me almost 11K for a ragged out 2009 Taco, 2wd with a four banger in it and 225K miles. I would say that one would definitely come closer to the high end of your estimate around here, and be gone over the weekend.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Yes. A 4-door 4WD Tacoma of any vintage brings top dollar around here. The cleaner it is condition wise, the faster it sells...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Top dollar in the Utah market

Just an idea...sold our '05 DC SB in January for $15300 w/183K miles

click on link for ideas...

Too bad it's an AT.......manual would bring top buck ++

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6768648

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd list it on Expedition Portal, too.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So I have been offered a 2012 with 150K on it, 4.0 V 6, AT 4 DR, short box... for $13K...

sounds like it would be a good deal at that price, when you guys talk about the one being offered here..

maybe I should consider it, just to roll it over, and pocket some profit...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
So I have been offered a 2012 with 150K on it, 4.0 V 6, AT 4 DR, short box... for $13K...

sounds like it would be a good deal at that price, when you guys talk about the one being offered here..

maybe I should consider it, just to roll it over, and pocket some profit...

did ya buy it ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
yeah, but I'll probably sell it and pick up a few grand or two on it..

I've known the former owners for years...they have owned it 50K...belonged to their son.

it was available because their son moved to Hawaii and then quit paying the loan on it over the past year..
so I picked it up paying off the loan...for $11.5K

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

ya did good

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Real good Seafire. Mine is an 03 with full OME suspension and 2” lift, ARB with a winch, brand new Toyo MT’s on steel rims. Been thinking about tripping it for a like year Tundra. Was great when I hunted/Fished alone, but my son is 14yo and 6’ tall. It gets cramped on 2 hr trips now. A 1st gen tundra is cheaper than a like year and miles Tacoma too.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Real good Seafire. Mine is an 03 with full OME suspension and 2” lift, ARB with a winch, brand new Toyo MT’s on steel rims. Been thinking about tripping it for a like year Tundra. Was great when I hunted/Fished alone, but my son is 14yo and 6’ tall. It gets cramped on 2 hr trips now. A 1st gen tundra is cheaper than a like year and miles Tacoma too.

Seafire did great. One thing I always think about with you guys living in VA, PA, etc. The RUST!!!!!! OMG... HOLY CHEIT.. Thank god seafire and I dont' have to deal with that bs here. OP's had to replace the frame on his truck because of it? Ok, how much is it worth??? Hmm..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I wouldn't give much for a rust bucket. Actually let me rephrase that. I wouldn't give anything for a rust bucket. My 20 year old Tundra in the same condition as my '04 Tacoma:

There's a reason I won't buy a rust bucket. I was working on a buddies '15 Tacoma the other day because the local dealership said they couldn't do the work. "Bolts were seized because of the rust". His truck spent 3 years in Alaska and a lot of the under carriage bolts are rusty as hell. Changed out his A arms and did a 3" lift, no problem, but I did gripe a little about him not inspecting the fu cking thing before he bought it... Rust will kill the value of a vehicle and some times there are places that won't even work on a vehicle, if it is too bad. That's here in my neck of the woods. Yours may be different.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Nice Tundra, the stance looks different from factory. Lift? Larger than stock tires? I’ve got a 2002 and a 2005, actually prefer the 2002. Slowly replacing rusted bolts and fighting other corrosion. Any bolt that gets replaced get a liberal coat of anti seize.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

609 members (10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1_deuce, 64 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,724
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.