-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Put together a new toy, now what to do with it. Anderson lower that’s been sitting for a couple years, PSA 1-7” 16” heavy stainless. Mounted a first gen Tasco ProPoint that has been on many pistols and rifles over the years for sh*ts and giggles. Might end up scoping it as I have a 4-12 and a 3.5-10 sitting around. Going to shoot it tomorrow just for fun. Got Green tip 62, FMJ 62 an 55’s. Lower to upper fit is tight. If I leave the dot on it then co-witness irons will be needed. After that who knows.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Swifty
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Looks good.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sounds like you have a plan.

looks nice.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd put a SWFA 6x and a SOPMOD stock on there.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice build. I agree scope but would go variable and different stock and you have good truck gun:) Everyone needs a truck gun.

Maybe a new trigger.

Bill

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swifty52
What to do with it

Maybe give it to someone who doesn't have to ask that question?

MM

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well the dot sight didn’t work out so going to scope it. Rings will be here Friday. Did get the other one sighted @ 100 from a sitting position to put 10 shots center mass on a half man target with irons. It liked the 62’s over varget better better than the factory green tip and 55’s.

Originally Posted by MontanaMan
What to do with it

MM

Your right haven’t been a fan of the AR since my military days in the early 70’s, the 14 was and still is a better battle rifle. Still haven’t figured out why in the hell I even built them. So more than likely they will either just gather dust in the safe or go down the road. Don’t need a truck gun as it’s illegal to have a rifle or shotgun loaded in the vehicle in this state unless you are a farmer or rancher. Plus the fact that the ammo and rifles are bring a premium right now which is about the only good thing about them.

Swifty
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well the dot sight didn’t work out so going to scope it. Rings will be here Friday. Did get the other one sighted @ 100 from a sitting position to put 10 shots center mass on a half man target with irons. It liked the 62’s over varget better better than the factory green tip and 55’s.

Originally Posted by MontanaMan
What to do with it

MM

Your right haven’t been a fan of the AR since my military days in the early 70’s, the 14 was and still is a better battle rifle. Still haven’t figured out why in the hell I even built them. So more than likely they will either just gather dust in the safe or go down the road. Don’t need a truck gun as it’s illegal to have a rifle or shotgun loaded in the vehicle in this state unless you are a farmer or rancher. Plus the fact that the ammo and rifles are bring a premium right now which is about the only good thing about them.

By "rings", you mean cantilever mount, or are you going to actually use rings? Report back on how it shoots. You also left out a lot of details about the build. Show and tell, tell us more about it. If you scope it, for chits and giggles you can shoot the black rifle challenge with it and post some targets. I like shooting those with my new rifles to see how they fare accuracy wise. Its always a good test and establishes a base line for said rifle.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Get a couple dozen 30 round PMAGS and get em loaded! wink

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
Get a couple dozen 30 round PMAGS and get em loaded! wink

Bought a few more than that when PSA had a dirt cheap sale. They are loaded. This one is always ready. It’s the one I re-zeroed yesterday.

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

By "rings", you mean cantilever mount, or are you going to actually use rings?

I'm sure I know what you're thinking, BSA and I mostly concur...but I have found Warne's highest QD rings (217LM for 30mm tubes, and I can't recall the one for 1-inch tubes) are actually very good. I like the QD cantilever mounts just fine, but they monopolize nearly the entire receiver rail. I like the Warne rings because that allows certain accessory options that cantilever mounts preclude.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good news Swifty. smile

Trump Won!
B
B
You need to add all types of bells and whistles...go full tacticool!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigBen42
You need to add all types of bells and whistles...go full tacticool!

Tactifool isn’t going to happen. Did get a 3.5-10 scope mounted. See if I can get out today or tomorrow to shoot it.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Finally got out to shoot it again. Could of had a better day as there was a cross wind 20-25 mph but things worked out. Scope ended up being 1.56” from the rail to center line of the rings, the Burris cantilever says 1.5” so not too far off. Eye relief is good and I can work the charging handle. I am also able to use my rail mount brass catcher as I really hate picking up brass. Well I did pick up 100 once fired 9mm and 50 45ACP. Think it might be a good shooter with a little load tweak.

10 shots rapid fire with no rear bag.

Swifty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 52 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.