For you Marlin fans, a gentleman by the name of Mark Scheeren took a Marlin factory tour in the first quarter of 2018.
He has a website, and published his comments on Marlin and also has two great videos to look at.

Here's his published report on his website: (you might have to copy/paste the next line in your browser to travel to his report.... don't know.)

http://www.whitetailtrackers.com/2018/03/an-illuminating-trip-to-the-marlin-firearms-factory/

When you get to his website, you can read his comments, then you can get to his two videos by selecting:
MARLIN FACTORY TOUR VIDEO

(Scroll down the page of videos, and you will then get to the two videos, listed directly below, to "fire up" and see the equipment and how they were operating in 2018):
An Inside Look Into Marlin Firearms in Ilion, NY Factory
Marlin Quality Control 2018

Hope you enjoy his report and videos as much as I did.

Marlin has truly "turned a corner" from their clunky start, around 2009 I believe, when they had antiquated equipment and new folks with zero experience in both equipment and product, following the Remington/Marlin startup.

A tremendous amount of planning, dedication, and capital investment got them to where they are today.
I can see why Ruger "snapped Marlin up" during the Remington financial problems.

I wish Marlin and Ruger "good luck", and I truly believe they will continue to make a great product, increase their market-share and grow the Marlin-legacy.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers