Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
I assume Americans have at least 50 million magazines that hold over ten rounds, will they let those be grandfathered in, or will they charge a $200 for each magazine over ten rounds. Almost any double stack would have over ten capacity.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
We still have the Senate, so it's quite likely that very little if any of their plans will be successful in the way of gun control. Republican controlled Senates are never more determined to stop gun control than when a Democrat is in the White House.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gun control in America is just a diversionary mechanism politicians use to divide up the electorate. Even if the Senate majority went to Democrats gun control issues would be low on the agenda. If I was to buy new handgun in America it would be .40 or .45 with maximum capacity of 10 cartridges. Obviously .40 ammo will always be easy to find. Legendary G26 9x19 with standard magazine is also one of the best defensive pistols ever made. In my never humble opinion it is the best.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by nealglen37
I assume Americans have at least 50 million magazines that hold over ten rounds, will they let those be grandfathered in, or will they charge a $200 for each magazine over ten rounds. Almost any double stack would have over ten capacity.

Biden plan calls for $200 per magazine over 10 rounds.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never get past the senate

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
We still have the Senate, so it's quite likely that very little if any of their plans will be successful in the way of gun control. Republican controlled Senates are never more determined to stop gun control than when a Democrat is in the White House.

You have more faith in them than I do. Collins, Murkowski, Romney... if the Senate end up 51/49, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them caves. ...and we all know which way the tie breaker will vote.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Slavek
Gun control in America is just a diversionary mechanism politicians use to divide up the electorate. Even if the Senate majority went to Democrats gun control issues would be low on the agenda. If I was to buy new handgun in America it would be .40 or .45 with maximum capacity of 10 cartridges. Obviously .40 ammo will always be easy to find. Legendary G26 9x19 with standard magazine is also one of the best defensive pistols ever made. In my never humble opinion it is the best.

slavie loves his gun control

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How about belt-fed as a way around magazine restrictions? A crew-served handgun would really be the bomb. Or en bloc clips instead of magazines?

Last edited by 5sdad; 11/06/20.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Speaking of the Senate, I see there are two senate seats from GA that will go into a runoff vote in January.

The Republican control of the Senate does not look very secure to me.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We still have the Senate

You sure about that?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad
How about belt-fed as a way around magazine restrictions? A crew-served handgun would really be the bomb. Or en bloc clips instead of magazines?

Would MN rep and muslim terrorist Omar approve?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Mine got stolen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lucas1

Mine got stolen.

Yawn. They’ll do you no good when we live in a country that bans private property and we resort to hiding them while risking 10 years in prison per mag. Resale value will be zero (a big deal to guys with lots of mags) again unless you want to risk selling on a black market and risking prison. Realistically worse case scenario for now is another mass shooting and a RINO or two caves and they get banned but grandfathered. Stock up now if you haven’t already.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 11/06/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Would MN rep and muslim terrorist Omar approve?

Good question. I would bet not, although I'm not quite sure where it fits into the discussion.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I suspect they can fugg off.

But....be ready for kghunts like Timmy to support it.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
We still have the Senate

You sure about that?

^^^

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

I couldn't say it any better than Madison did. In its several iterations before it was finally ratified, it contained other sentiments. To understand what it means, one must primarily understand the nature of a "right", and the relationship of government to "rights". If a government seeks to limit a "right", its exercise then becomes a privilege granted by government. Any attempt to legislate this "right" to keep and bear arms is un-Constitutional, being in utter opposition to the specific language, as well as the spirit of, the Second Article to the Constitution. Any politician or group of politicians attempting to implement legislation that is contrary to the Constitution is seeking to overthrow the Law, and since this Republic is a nation of Law, founded by Law, and exists only within Law, any and every attempt to overthrow said Law is by definition an act of overt treason, and should be treated as such.

Most of you don't seem to understand this. ANY ATTEMPT TO SUBVERT THE CONSTITUTION IS TREASON.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome to Kommiefornia.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

I’d not be so sure of that !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

414 members (10gaugeman, 22kHornet, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 160user, 39 invisible), 1,898 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,390
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.