Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Still a Harley fan and still love this bike (a lot), but some of the problems I'm experiencing should not be happening to any garage-kept bike with only 3,000+/- miles on the clock IMO. Anyone with similar experience either way?

Like motorcycles or anything on two wheels? Please check out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMaLdyriBKNsUtpgNh1-g6w
Thanks and hope you subscribe!
BP-B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Don't feel rained on.

The city where it was made fell apart too.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Perhaps there was a reason the owner sold his bike.

Maybe the dealer altered the odometer.

Did you do a vehicle search for its history?

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
As for the bike being hesitant to start,..put a new battery in your proximity key fob.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buying any used vehicle out of warranty requires an incredibly thorough inspection combined with extensive experience with the vehicle.

I agree the low mileage makes it seem hardly ridden, those miles could be at redline with low oil. Or hammered down bumpy roads. Or more likely, indicative of a machine that has had issues since new and not been ridden much because of that.

Fix it, or move it on down the road.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you F'ing retarded?
The handlebar clamp is two piece top. Very common for that to happen. The risers are rubber mounted. Take a allen wrench and slightly loosen one bolt on each clamp and move the bars straight and tighten the bolts.
The fender trim must have lost the one side screw and the thing vibrated until it broke. Are you deaf too? It had to be rattling for a long time. Look at the parts schematic. Does it show the screws separate? Does the description say Assembly?
No start? Clutch switch

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yes

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Are you F'ing retarded?
The handlebar clamp is two piece top. Very common for that to happen. The risers are rubber mounted. Take a allen wrench and slightly loosen one bolt on each clamp and move the bars straight and tighten the bolts.
The fender trim must have lost the one side screw and the thing vibrated until it broke. Are you deaf too? It had to be rattling for a long time. Look at the parts schematic. Does it show the screws separate? Does the description say Assembly?
No start? Clutch switch

Well, that was certainly helpful.... not....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Find another sucker and sell it.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sheister
Are you F'ing retarded?
No start? Clutch switch

Well, that was certainly helpful.... not....

I told him how to simply fix his handle bars and starting problem along with why the trim broke.

Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh, I forgot about the speedo problem.
That is uncommon but just so you know, Harley doesn't make the gauge. The gauge is made by nippon seiki, a subsidiary of Honda

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
hardly a davidson bikes are overpriced junk with a lot of chrome to attract children and 100 year old engine design. guys buy them to show people they are tough cause their bike is obnoxiously loud
the guy in the videos answer to his problem was the kawasaki sticker on the wall behind him.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Are you F'ing retarded?
No start? Clutch switch

hey einstein if fixing the bars was so easy why didnt the stealership do it or at least tell him how to do it

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
Are you F'ing retarded?
No start? Clutch switch

hey einstein if fixing the bars was so easy why didnt the stealership do it or at least tell him how to do it

They were probably to busy laughing about the fool asking such a stupid question

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Are you F'ing retarded?
No start? Clutch switch

They were probably to busy laughing about the fool asking such a stupid question

yea but in order to keep good relations with a customer how hard would it have been to fix it or tell him what to do

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

MILWAUKEE VIBRATOR ................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you F'ing retarded?
No start? Clutch switch

yea but in order to keep good relations with a customer how hard would it have been to fix it or tell him what to do

Shiitty dealer. I would have walked out into the parking lot and fixed it in two minutes and sent him on his way.
Instead of making a youtube video maybe he should have done a search. There must be 50 videos on how to do it

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Are you F'ing retarded?
No start? Clutch switch

Shiitty dealer. I would have walked out into the parking lot and fixed it in two minutes and sent him on his way.
Instead of making a youtube video maybe he should have done a search. There must be 50 videos on how to do it

Yup. There is a sequence to tightening the bars. If you don't follow it, the bars will be crooked. Rubber mounted risers are the issue. Not sure what it is for that specific model, but look it up. It has to be followed.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Are you F'ing retarded?
No start? Clutch switch

I watched another of that guys videos and he is an idiot. in the comments he kept asking people to subscribe. so you might be right

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not to OP, but others: If you’re thinking about getting a Harley, you should know how to wrench or have a Master Card at the ready. It’s a lifestyle choice that, at one point, absolutely will require one or both. If you want to gas and go, buy the right metric.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
610 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 160user, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,737
Posts18,401,102
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.