Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of people here are fond of saying they pay no attention to post count or how long a member has been here. They just look at what that member is saying. That's a fool's errand. Post count matters because it indicates participation. So does how long a person has been registered...although that is not as solid since there are some very embedded trolls. If somebody disagrees with me, just look at the last few days during the election. We've seen new members, long-time members with a few posts, etc. When you have a big post count, people know where you're coming from. When you say "go Biden" they know whether you're being serious or sarcastic. They have a good idea whether you're real or a sock puppet. They know who is trolling and who is serious. Nothing against new, legit members. Some will have some good stuff to say. Participation matters though, whether it be for the good or the bad. I'm posting this because I've never seen anybody defend post count as a measure. People just run it down. Well here it is and there it is boys.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That depends on where, what & when the post counts are. Lots of guys post mostly in the hunting & shooting threads. Others are only in the classifieds. You for an example I valued you thoughts on the "Judge" in the handgun section. Guys who post only on the campfire & nothing but politics--------not so much.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Lots of people here are fond of saying they pay no attention to post count or how long a member has been here. They just look at what that member is saying. That's a fool's errand. Post count matters because it indicates participation. So does how long a person has been registered...although that is not as solid since there are some very embedded trolls. If somebody disagrees with me, just look at the last few days during the election. We've seen new members, long-time members with a few posts, etc. When you have a big post count, people know where you're coming from. When you say "go Biden" they know whether you're being serious or sarcastic. They have a good idea whether you're real or a sock puppet. They know who is trolling and who is serious. Nothing against new, legit members. Some will have some good stuff to say. Participation matters though, whether it be for the good or the bad. I'm posting this because I've never seen anybody defend post count as a measure. People just run it down. Well here it is and there it is boys.

I want to make fun of you, but I dont even know wtf your whining about lol... post count for what, to validate that persons point? To participate in the forum (the obvious why that wouldnt work)....

Are you that uncomfy with opposing views? Sounds like a commie to me!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
#Post

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Count

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Matters🤣😂😜

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There are guys that post mainly here on the main board who know a lot more than me about politics and other general topics. Much is to be gained here by guys whose post count mainly consists of posting here.

Thanks for your compliment. When I came here many years ago, I thought I knew a lot about guns...and I did compared to most in this locale. I was quickly humbled though, by the vast knowledge of guns that far exceeded my own, on display here every day.

Recommendations and advice on the general board here is more problematic, but not useless. Post count matters.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I dunno, you have 49k posts, most which happened the last two days, with you crying about the election...

Doesnt mean your knowledgeable lol

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes, and no.

slumlord calls me a troll.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
i don’t post on other sub forums, I really don’t need advice or seek know-how on any matters.

I’m squared away on reloading, killing critters, cutting them up and grilling them and I have a bud that fixes all my broke guns

🤪

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Post count matters. So does the Joined date. Both speak volumes about the pedigree of the local trolls.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
When I see some names on a reply, I have a fair idea of what to expect.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
you are right , most of the guys here with alot of posts i've sat and drank bourbon with, smoke a cigar with and shared a real campfire together, pretty amazing the friends i've made over the years..

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I think post count is the most important measure for giving weight to the validity of a member's comments.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I think post count is the most important measure for giving weight to the validity of a member's comments.

LOL!
Of course you do!

It’s good to be king.

Last edited by ironbender; 11/06/20.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If a member post good ideas on the sub forums, like my friend Ironbender, it lends credence to me.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
blush

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

LOL!
Of course you do!

It’s good to be king.

Moi?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not just you Iron Mike.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
All posts must be counted!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

622 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 76 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,311
Posts18,449,194
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.