Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Like the Gun alot, made it to the range today,

But I am surprised (disappointed) by the trigger, lots of creep or takeup if you will.....

Who's familiar with the Wilson Combat TTU.....Tactical Trigger Unit M2 4#

adjustable or no? Replace?

It's not terrible, but I was expecting better.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Like the Gun alot, made it to the range today,

But I am surprised (disappointed) by the trigger, lots of creep or takeup if you will.....

Who's familiar with the Wilson Combat TTU.....Tactical Trigger Unit M2 4#

adjustable or no? Replace?

It's not terrible, but I was expecting better.

A lot of manufactures are trying to put in better factory triggers these days. With that being said, they are still not that great. Good time to jump on the Larue tactical bandwagon and go with the MBT2s. or RRA 2 stage varmint match. Both can be had for around $80. What kind of groups were you getting with your new rifle, if you don't mind me asking....? Groups will probably shrink a bit, if you get a better trigger...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This trigger is a 2 stage, which I don't believe I've used before,

Is that first stage the 'creep' I'm feeling?

I know, totally stupid question.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I don't believe this...

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I don't believe this...

believe.

IC B2

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
At this point, don't know if I'm a fan of a 2 stage.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
At this point, don't know if I'm a fan of a 2 stage.

If you've never used one before, it can be different and hard to get used to. If it's a bad trigger. I had a Ruger m77 mkII varmint model with a factory 2 stage trigger. I hated that sob with a passion. Never could get used to it. I've seen that with some crappy AR triggers as well. I had a BCM 2 stage that I didn't like. I gave that away to a member here a couple months ago. I didn't like my national match trigger that was in my Armalite AR10 either, but the ones I do like are very nice and easy to get used to. I hate bad triggers, one of the reasons I polish the RRA's and fine tune the ones on my bolt guns.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I don't believe this...

believe.
So you basically ordered a very expensive gun that you knew nothing about?

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

What kind of groups were you getting with your new rifle,

Ok, The rifle certainly shows potential already with some handloads that I have for a Remington 700 .223 that I always keep on hand,

24 grains of Benchmark and 50 grain Vmax's, AFIF that's a fairly light load for a 5.56.

This weekend will be 25/26 grains of CFE223 with 69 grain Sierra Matchkings, lets see what that 1-8 twist is worthy of.

Right now it's showing about an inch, some 5 shot groups have 3 of the 5 touching, I'm not about to get the calipers out just yet.

I'll let ya know how it goes, but I really need to learn that 2 stage trigger, It's a whole different game to me.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I don't believe this...

believe.

And now it's time to put this ankle-biting whiny teenage chic away.......

You have several post's on this thread, and I don't recall a single worthy informative response by you other than some smarmy juvenile cheap shots.

Piss off.

IC B3

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

For the really, really, bored people out there.......

Here's what we knew,

Election year, that I never really felt confident in. Joe's claim to ban assault weapons are well known.

Left handed AR's are rare, even more so this year.

Months of browsing web sites for LH inventory, numerous phone calls, voice messages and phone tag.

I discover Wilson makes Leftys, I call, they pick up within the 4th ring and we talk.

"Can I get a 16 inch 1-8 twist lefty?"

"yes sir, Put a deposit down and your on the build list, should be 8 to 12 weeks"........

Done deal. Any other questions about my life you might be curious about?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I don't believe this...

believe.

And now it's time to put this ankle-biting whiny teenage chic away.......

You have several post's on this thread, and I don't recall a single worthy informative response by you other than some smarmy juvenile cheap shots.

Piss off.

You will learn that there are some here that have nothing better to do. As for your rifle, it sounds like its showing good potential. When you start loading for it, load them to an oal of 2.250" to be safe. Thats good enough to fit in any ar15 mag. Im assuming you'll be using P mags though. Buy a couple 10 rounders for shooting off the bench and doing load work. Id also get a good bi-pod, like a Harris 6-9 swivel and a rear bag. That set up works great for the ar platform. The 69 SMK is an excellent bullet. All of my ars love it. If you can get your hands on some AR Comp, give that a try. RL15 also works great with that bullet. BR4 and CCI41 primers work great. I have used CCI 400's with good success as well, but the cups are slightly softer. A 1 in 8 twist barrel is a great place to be with most bullets.

BSA MAGA
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yep on the Pmags, several 10's here, several 20's and several 30's

Have 3 harris bipods, current favorite setup is bags front and rear, but not against the bipods.

Regarding primers, CCI 400's on hand, but honestly not enough to feel comfortable with, been at least 6 months since I've seen small rifle primers for sale.

Called the LGS this weekend looking for primers, knew I was likely wasting my time,

The guy on the phone says 40 to 50 calls a day from people in search of primers,

They open at 9, and the phone starts ringing seconds later.

Insanity.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Okay, here's some advice. Take up the slack on the trigger. Once you have, you have about half the weight loaded on it to make it fire. Finish your sight picture and apply the rest of the pressure. If you're rapid firing, just release the trigger enough for it to reset. It doesn't need to go all the way forward. It's just like the trigger on a Garand or M14.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yep on the Pmags, several 10's here, several 20's and several 30's

Have 3 harris bipods, current favorite setup is bags front and rear, but not against the bipods.

Regarding primers, CCI 400's on hand, but honestly not enough to feel comfortable with, been at least 6 months since I've seen small rifle primers for sale.

Called the LGS this weekend looking for primers, knew I was likely wasting my time,

The guy on the phone says 40 to 50 calls a day from people in search of primers,

They open at 9, and the phone starts ringing seconds later.

Insanity.

Yeah, if you don't have many small rifle primers, you are screwed!!!! Front and rear bags work great for a bolt action, but they don't feel right to me with an AR. I shoot a lot of prone as well, and the bi-pod works much easier for me, with the aide of a rear bag. I like keeping it simple and use the same set-up when shooting AR's off the bench too. Good luck on finding more primers. They are out there, but shops are charging more money for them now. Bullets can still be found online at places like midsouth.

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (240NMC, 204guy, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.