Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
We have a couple of different 401ks and IRA's. Two are already in money market accounts. One i just have about $70k in that I was day trading a bit with earlier this year. The largest one is in mutual funds and bond funds. Its spread across about 10 funds and we pretty much just leave it alone and ride the ups and downs.

However, I told the financial advisor a few weeks ago to find a money market or some fund that's extremely low risk because I want to park it around the election. He gave me tge old don't time the market speech and reassured me Trump was going to win. I told him I worried the left was pushing mail ins because they have a plan to steal the election. So here we are. I'm going to park another 150k or so Monday.

Are you guys just planning to let it ride or have you moved into low risk stuff for now? I think I can still take 100k out this year with no penalty. I don't want to pay the tax but it may get taxed lower this year than it will in future years if the theft sticks.

I've also considered moving some to a precious metals IRA.ļ

Bb

BP-B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I moved all mine out for a while...I generally ride the ups and downs, but not now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Market with a PE of 22, a Rona spike hitting Europe, Asia, and the US, a retarded communist taking office, what could go wrong.

I expect an epic a$$ kicking in the next year.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I may trade option straddles exclusively for a while. We could be in for some wild market action for a while.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Not to mention the raiding the schitbird commies and RINOs have planned for everyone's resources. People who have them....

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I managed my funds via a corporate account starting when I was 23. Now 58 and 5 years retired I have moved the management (rebalancing) to Fidelity with quarterly meetings. When I retired, well, I retired.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cash & gold.

When the market falls, as it will soon enough, if Biden really does get seated, then buy back in; it unjustifiably high right now anyway & pretty topped out. Take you gains while the taking is still possible.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Cash & gold.
When the market falls, as it will soon enough, if Biden really does get seated, then buy back in; it unjustifiably high right now anyway & pretty topped out. Take you gains while the taking is still possible.
MM
You may be right. I'm already over 30% in metals and 10% cash. Undecided on what to do. The market could absorb the coming Corona money injection and go higher still.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
If you are a buy an hold investor, continue on. I would only get out if I had to use the money in the near future, like the next year. Otherwise, let it ride is my strategy.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
What Oakster said. The market as a whole may not do well the next few years. But historically over time, it climbs. All our investments are professionally managed and he says maybe some minor tweaks, but stay with a balanced portfolio.

NRA Patron
IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
What EdM and Oakster said. In reality, politics doesn't have a lot to do with the market. Pols like to claim it does when it goes up under their watch, but are strangely silent when it goes down. I let Fidelity manage our accounts and it's about a 70/30 split, equities and bonds.

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Sitting on cash. Big drop forthcoming, get in on the sale prices.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
the dems will be taking away as much $ as possible

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
The market could absorb the coming Corona money injection and go higher still.

It's pretty topped out.........................

Maybe a very short term, small up, but going to start a downward slope after that false hope is gone.

Virtually every single policy as stated by the Demons will have a negative effect on businesses, hence stocks.

To likely be followed by rising interest rates.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Market with a PE of 22, a Rona spike hitting Europe, Asia, and the US, a retarded communist taking office, what could go wrong.

I expect an epic a$$ kicking in the next year.

There's nothing in that list that hasn't heen priced into the market for weeks.

There is no other place to put your money and receive any kind of yield. Real estate, particularly urban real estate, is getting iffy, bonds are crap, and if we get more stimulus, there's even more money sloshing around looking for a home.

If there's bets to be made, they should be made on upcoming macro movements, such as the exchange rate of the greenback. It's been awfully high for a long time.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Those that stay invested at an asset allocation they are comfortable with while ignoring the outside noise nearly always do better than those that try to time the market. You’re welcome.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The dems have done such a good job of marketing, even patriots don't understand what affects the markets. Dems squawk about the " little guy" while allowing corporations to get favorably treatment and develop a clear monopoly. Some of these stocks will be going much higher and it's BECAUSE of the policies of the dems, not in spite of it.

Do not confuse the aspects of gov't which provide fertile ground for freedom, with the stock market...this will be a stock pickers time, IMO...and inflation will be rampant, the dollar is done now, it's just a matter of time, but it may take 10-30 years before it implodes, the best run-ups are always at the end...make a metric crapton, then buy land and isolation for security and try to ride it out.

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Trump just printed 6 trillion. The market is going to ride high at least through the end of the year.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by UPhiker
What EdM and Oakster said. In reality, politics doesn't have a lot to do with the market. Pols like to claim it does when it goes up under their watch, but are strangely silent when it goes down. I let Fidelity manage our accounts and it's about a 70/30 split, equities and bonds.

I am still 70/30 stocks/bonds. I manage my own through vanguard. It’s a good path for long term retirement investing.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Before I retired in 2015 I managed my 401K myself, with a trusted friends advice thats in the business. After retirement I watched the market and sold out at a high (I had to wait nearly a year. Anyone remember the sell-off during the Summer of 2015?) Now my trusted friend at Wells Fargo Advisors has my money. I'm 70+ percent in stock, some in bonds and some in cash. I'll ride it out, like I've done since I got into the market in 1981.

It may be easier for me to stay invested because I have a pension and draw SS. I still don't like to see those big dips but............. I agree, times are scary right now.

lightman
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,693 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.