-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Called Verizon today to check on internet service and was informed that my phone will stop working on Jan 1, 2021. I've had this 3G Mil-Spec flip phone since Jan. of 2012 and all I've ever had to do was replace the battery 1 time, and that was about 18 months ago. Now I'm debating whether to get another phone or not.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Enjoy your new phone...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Called Verizon today to check on internet service and was informed that my phone will stop working on Jan 1, 2021. I've had this 3G Mil-Spec flip phone since Jan. of 2012 and all I've ever had to do was replace the battery 1 time, and that was about 18 months ago. Now I'm debating whether to get another phone or not.

Randy, go with US Cellular if it is available in your area... I've been with them 20 years and have owned TWO phones one for 13 years and its replacement for 7....the few times they ever see me to answer a question, I do get the full court press to upgrade to a smart phone....I just listen to them to see if they have a better deal.. but for 4 lines, on a business plan, I pay $100 a month for 1500 minutes a month, free nights and weekends... all weekend from 7 PM Friday to 7 AM Monday... and Monday to Thursday from 7 PM to 7 AM.. plus no charge for calls to other US Cellular phones nationwide, no roaming charge nationwide...

and that has been for 17 years.. under the terms of the agreement, they can never terminate it...

no one can touch them.. and I get service where most other major companies can't.... including most of those place out west here that the map is full of white spots... if there is a cell tower from ANY company, I have a connection...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Thats not Verizon, thats the sign of the times... the technology advances and they pay rent to the tower owner based on loading. Having old legacy 3g equipment up there is negative ROI.

They sell several basic flip phones for about $100.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Enjoy your new phone...

yep.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My 3G flipper stopped working last February. Luckily, my wife had an old Samsung Galaxy that Verizon could activate. I had to bump up to a plan with data, but it's still only $3/mo. As far as I know, I have never used any data on it. Have not made more than one or two calls, either.

(The guys here who said I'd soon be just another smart phone addict were wrong.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Randy, this is what I have.

I pay 35.00 a month and they also have a low data plan for 30.00 a month.

Link.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
With them new phones, if you talk about pancakes and it hears you there will be ads for IHOP all over it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup. Scary how they listen. We were talking about 3cwheel bikes one da, girlfriend has one we want to get back in service. Next thing fb was showing me ads for 3 wheel bikes. I'd never done a search....we'd just had a conversation.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup. Scary how they listen. We were talking about 3cwheel bikes one da, girlfriend has one we want to get back in service. Next thing fb was showing me ads for 3 wheel bikes. I'd never done a search....we'd just had a conversation.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldman3

I left Verizon years ago, hooked up with net10wireless.com . You can still use verizon towers for about half the price. Oh no contract either. I will never go back to the big companys.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I drive all over the country and Verizon just works ! I have no love for any phone company but I went through the ATT , Sprint , and a couple of smaller companies. I’ve come back to Verizon.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a US Cellular phone for several years. My favorite phone is a Kyocera Tuff Phone. Well, US Cellular stopped selling Kyocera phones. I had a choice of Verizon or AT&T. My wife did not want to use AT&T so we went Verizon. I hated switching and I hate all the crap Verizon sends us. We couldn't even get a paper bill (my wife's preference) until we just flat told them we were one step away from eating the price of the phones and were were going back to US Cellular.

I really like the Tuff phone and it took a while to learn it as it is more advanced than my last one. So, if you want to go with a smart phone consider the Kyocera Tuff Phone and welcome to the 21st century. Just be prepared to be bombarded by all of the offers and garbage Verizon sends out. If you want a paper bill and not an email bill be prepared for a battle. It's like they are appalled you don't want to pay on line.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buy a used or new IPhone 7 and subscribe to Spectrum by the gig plan. They use Verison towers and have much better coverage than our old US Cellular service that dropped calls all the time. I pay $14.00 a month for my Spectrum with no taxes and no contract and no complaints.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would ditch my phone were I you. I'm so jealous.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (007FJ, 1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,659
Posts18,455,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.