Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
So is there a reason they haven't counted the rest of the votes in Alaska. Last number I saw was 59%.
Seems like someone doesn't want Trump to get the few electoral votes from Alaska.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://www.adn.com/politics/2020/1...laskas-absentee-ballot-counting-process/

Under the previous DOE commissioner when a voter requested an absentee ballot and that same voter showed up on election day at a precinct, the voter would have to vote a provisional or questioned ballot.

To avoid having more people vote provisional ballots on election day, this system is in place which requires a lot more ballot review after election day rather than before.

Potential problems with this are poll book fraud, which is the easiest kind of voter fraud to do on a large scale. It happens by marking the poll book as "voter abc" voting, then a ballot is voted and tallied with no one the wiser...especially if folks know that "voter abc" won't be around to protest that they haven't voted yet or already voted by early/absentee. Even if someone were to point out an error and say "hey someone voted at the polls under my name fraudulently", it would be too late, that ballot and votes are already counted. The fraud wouldn't be known until after the election when a person gets a call from DOE saying their early or absentee vote was cancelled by an in person vote.

Its not a great system...but you know we heard something about the most transparent administration a couple of years ago right?...Emergency!!

If you are going to be dumb - you've got to be tuff.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Long ways from CA, and Gross needs votes.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They start counting mail in/absentee tomorrow and have to have results posted on 13 November.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Mark Stein was on the Rush Limbaugh show today and he said there was 155,000 votes yet to be counted. ;I lived a lot of years in Alaska and never heard of this happening. Sounds put up to me.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
We’ve always had to wait for the final complete count. This year there are a lot more early and absentee ballots.

They are counting today and are supposed to be announced @ 5 PM.

https://mustreadalaska.com/62000-alaska-ballots-to-be-counted-today/

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOme races changed a bunch! Spawnholder, Matt Claman, and Chris Tuck all came back significantly for the win. That would be three POS legislators... And Mel Gellis only won by 150 or so votes. Mel is a real-time, old-time Alaskan and will continue to do good things...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Mark Stein was on the Rush Limbaugh show today and he said there was 155,000 votes yet to be counted. ;I lived a lot of years in Alaska and never heard of this happening. Sounds put up to me.

Same as it has been for many years... just it seldom made any difference...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Except in some gube races.
Maybe not to switch a lead, but to know fo sho.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Now Mel Gellis is losing and that sucks!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Now Mel Gellis is losing and that sucks!

Damn.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
How can Mel be losing?? Doesn't even make sense.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ol Mel should’ve kept his eye on the prize spent more time in his district knocking on doors.. Not out in the valley knocking on doors..
I will say this David Eastman will never lose that district.

https://www.adn.com/politics/2020/0...eat-fellow-republican-rep-david-eastman/

Over the weekend, members of the House’s Republican minority went door-to-door in Eastman’s district, trying to garner support for his Republican primary challenger, Jesse Sumner. The primary is Aug. 18, and since the state’s current House districts were put into place, the Republican primary winner has won the district every time.

Last edited by 79S; 11/12/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
See Alaska Statute 15.20.201. The simple answer is because the state is following the law, a law that has been in place for over a decade.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Ol Mel should’ve kept his eye on the prize spent more time in his district knocking on doors.. Not out in the valley knocking on doors..
I will say this David Eastman will never lose that district.

https://www.adn.com/politics/2020/0...eat-fellow-republican-rep-david-eastman/

Over the weekend, members of the House’s Republican minority went door-to-door in Eastman’s district, trying to garner support for his Republican primary challenger, Jesse Sumner. The primary is Aug. 18, and since the state’s current House districts were put into place, the Republican primary winner has won the district every time.

Mel was confident he would win... he lost to a strange duck...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
A real quack, huh?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Is Bowel Movement 2 going to actually pass?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cwh2

Looks that way as of this morning.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cwh2

Yeah, wait until they try to iron the wrinkles out of that one. It should never have been allowed as written and the synopsis published is ridiculous compared to the actual language.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,663
Posts18,455,732
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.