Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
IDnative, sorry to hear of your accident. Have you seen a doctor about your injury? If so, what did he/she do for you??

L.W.

That was dave's hand, not mine. We a bit late to the ER to get stitches, but we did our best to keep it clean. He got a tetanus shot and has just kept an eye on it to make sure it doesn't end up infected.

That calls for a left handed fist bump bro
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Generally wound closure should occur within 6-8 hours to contol bleeding, reduce the chance of infection, and minimize scarring (cosmetic). Our skin tissue also starts to form "a crust" as time goes by and that makes fusion more difficult. I've seen a PA cut back some tissue to get rid of the crust and close the wound but that was in a combat environment where the soldier had to get back to the fight. Nothing about Iraq was sterile and closure reduced the chances of infection.

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Great write up brother Dave, thanks for sharin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good info Dinny, thank you!

Last edited by AKduck; 11/14/20.

Yup.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Outstanding write-up Dave.

Time for a bionic knee and some chain mail for next year....... grin

IC B2

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
I think I just spent the best half hour of 2020 reading this story. It reminded me I have been remiss in frequenting other forums beside "Hunters Campfire" paying attention to the politics and getting pizzed at the trolls. It also reminded me of what a great place the site us because of the character of the men who visit.
It's been 14 years since I stumbled onto this site looking for information and finding so many willing to help. It became my "go to" morning wake up before the first work email was opened so I could start my day in a decent mood. At 68 it also reminded me of how quickly time passes, the friends I've made here and the ones that have left this life. I looked forward to Micky Coleman's "My first hummer" thread every year and how I thought he might be referring to something other than birds the first time I saw it.
2020 has been a chit year for most of us and the election hanging like it is has had me wondering if stories like this will be possible for my son to tell or even read. But if we are to prevail it will be because of men like the ones telling, reading and living the stories I've read here for 14 years.
I grew up in NE Ohio in a blue collar house with four step bothers, all ball busters but none of them a match for some here, but that part of here makes this place like home to me. It's also the part of life that is missing today because of PC and the nonsense it harbors. Sorry to have rambled but that is what old farts do when something touches a nerve. And before anyone can beat me to it I say, Thank you all and GFY.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Helluva story. Thank God for good friends.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,621
Posts18,455,093
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.