Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

In the Adirondacks in the late Spring / early summer I was hiking between a couple of lakes, I knew there were bears in the area and had scared the crap out of a cub in an berry patch earlier and he went running down the lane... I thought, what the heck is a black dog with bad legs doing way the heck out here.

I got to the creek between the lakes and was looking at the mossy ground and saw a HUGE bear print... really clean.
I bent down and looked at it, and it began to fill with water, relatively fast... Just then I realized.. that wasn’t a dog... Awh Chit !!...

I clutched my Marlin 39A like that kid in the Christmas movie clutched his red Ryder and thought... I could put Momma’s eye out..
I decided to back track and get the heck out of there because of the cub.

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

Ha remembered another one - not to scary, but enough to tighten the pshyncter up

Bow hunting in Delaware, I decided to still hunt ... I was working my way around a swampy marsh, but staying in the edge of the woods.
Got to one point and I wanted to watch an open spot a while, but there was arm sized log in the deer trail I was on, so I put one knee on each side of it...

SNAKE ! FUGH!... I was a black racer, biggest one I’d ever seen, scared the piss out of me.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

Curiosa where u put in at - Fairbanks?[/quote]

Launch at the haul road on the Yukon then ran to the Koyukuk then to the Huslia.[/quote]

Yeh, that would do it. The year we lived in Galena, I had a boat already at Manley on the Tanana (we have a cabin about halfway between Manley and Tanana, and up a tributary) , picked the wife up in Tanana and headed down. IIRC that was only about 230 miles, but it being 1977, I may not recall the milage well. She had taken our truck to Nenana , put it on the barge, and flew herself down to Tanana.

And I thought that was a long boat trip! smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was about 17 years old out in the middle of no where near the idaho Nevada border driving around in the middle of a pitch black night. Stopped on a hill side for a minute and we were talking 2 in the bed of a Toyota and 2 in the front.

All the suddened we see the black outline of something about 8 feet tall running towards us. We hurry and turn on the spotlight and hear drop the light or I'll shoot. Turns out it was the local cowboy on a horse. He had his Blackhawk drawn, hammer back, finger on the trigger.

He later said he though we might be environmentalists messing with the cows and he already had the ravine picked out where he planned to dump our bodies. Before the light came on my first thought was Bigfoot and I was terrified.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One time a grouse flushed..... wooo

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That face would scare the bravest of men.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Some Kinda Hybrid Wolf, It was almost as big as a black bear. I was on a tree and i saw it. It look right back at me and walked away. Thank God wolves can't climb trees.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 257Bob, 57 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,636
Posts18,455,269
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.