Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
rem141r Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
My wife works in a school. commie scuz is tearing through the community here. my sons work out and about and are quite social as are most young people. i am the only one who works from home and has limited social interaction. its only a matter of time until it hits us. me and my boys do an annual deer hunt at my camp with a close relative who is in the very vulnerable category. he greatly limits his social interactions. but he loves this one week a year where we get together and eat like hogs, bullschit about the old days and actually do a little hunting, but that is more secondary these days. our camp is small and probably an ideal incubator. i would hate to have him come down with this commie scuz from one of us. it would surely kill him. i have not discussed it with him. i am tempted to cancel altogether and forget deer camp this year. i would miss it but it would not be the end of the world for me. i am not sure what to do. i know i am not going to sit around a table with a fuggen mask on. this schit sucks out loud. fuggen chinese mf'ers.

anybody else facing the same thing?

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I'm skipping our deer camp this year for the same reasons.
You should call your sons and tell them you think it best to skip deer camp this year. Period. AND call your vulnerable close relative, tell him the same with the added explanation of great concern for his health and safety. Schedule a fishing outing with him at a later date. There will be next year and beyond to gather at deer camp. I had the crud just over a month ago . . . it ain't fun. Gotta make the best of a bad situation.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At the first sign of a fever, start taking 2-3 grams of VITAMIN C (that's 4-6 of the 500mg tablets) every 30 minutes until the bowels rebel. Then cut it back to the same dose every hour.
Plan on everyone catching this [bleep] and have a plan for when you do. Not everyone is going to survive WuFlu, that's just life. Do you love life more than you fear death?

Last edited by Tyrone; 11/14/20.

Politics is War by Other Means
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Phooking commie chinks, it’s a good thing I don’t have a thumb on the button

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If you're going to make one trip to deer camp for one week then consider getting Covid tests for you and your sons a day or two before you go. That way you can be confident you won't give the virus to your relative and enjoy your week at camp.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
At the first sign of a fever, start taking 2-3 grams

Grams of what Doc, Cocaine?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RJL53

It does not matter, just take something dambit!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The wife won't even let her own kid come up to the cottage hunting and the other guys are an EMT and plant manager with lots of possible infected people interaction and they aren't invited either. If I'm doing deer camp, it will be just me and it sure won't be the same or near as enjoyable. Wisconsin did a 42% infection rate yesterday of the people tested. We are in a world of hurt here. We just lost a neighbor from it this week and the family of 5 next door had it that kicked their butt for 10 days. The bad part is that people are contagious and can spread this crap for ten days before they themselves even show any symptoms and know that they have it. It is knocking out our hospital staff with all the ICU beds filling to capacity. Elective surgery is cancelled indefinitely.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJL53

Dang it! laugh

Vitamin C!

Thank you!

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rem141r
My wife works in a school. commie scuz is tearing through the community here. my sons work out and about and are quite social as are most young people. i am the only one who works from home and has limited social interaction. its only a matter of time until it hits us. me and my boys do an annual deer hunt at my camp with a close relative who is in the very vulnerable category. he greatly limits his social interactions. but he loves this one week a year where we get together and eat like hogs, bullschit about the old days and actually do a little hunting, but that is more secondary these days. our camp is small and probably an ideal incubator. i would hate to have him come down with this commie scuz from one of us. it would surely kill him. i have not discussed it with him. i am tempted to cancel altogether and forget deer camp this year. i would miss it but it would not be the end of the world for me. i am not sure what to do. i know i am not going to sit around a table with a fuggen mask on. this schit sucks out loud. fuggen chinese mf'ers.

Have everybody that goes to the camp have a Covid test.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

HELL NO.

I refuse to live my life in fear. That doesn't mean I don't take precautions. Cancel hunting camp? FUG no. Masks don't work unless everyone wears N95s and wears them properly and replaces them regularly. All you have to do is look at states case numbers before and after mask mandates to know that. You say you haven't discussed not going to hunting camp with your high risk friend. How does he feel? Perhaps this is his last opportunity to hunt. I have a friend who didn't visit her grandmother for 6 months because she was afraid of giving her the virus. Her Grandmother died of a stroke, alone. F'ing criminal what we are doing to people.

I've talked with both my parents (88 & 91) and they do not want their last days to be spent alone and in fear. They are going to church. They will go to Thanksgiving dinner.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 11/14/20.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Vitamin D too.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Let him know what the situation is, be totally transparent about everything, and let him make his own choice.

I imagine there are a lot of similar situations, especially with the Holidays approaching: family get togethers, parties, graduations, weddings and the like.

My approach is to let possible attendees know the parameters and they make their call to attend or not.

My personal approach to whether I will go to something or not is to just go.

I look at this way: life is short. Ya only live say 80 years. And I will be damned to give one or two up, not actually “living,” not seeing friends and family, not enjoying life and it’s pleasures, not going out to eat, not going hunting,etc. because of fear I might catch COVID. Fhug that. Living in a safe bubble ain’t living. And if I catch COVID, chances are I will be fine. And if it doesn’t end well, it was a good ride while it lasted, and I will be heading to a far better place.

But as said, let others make their decision after full disclosure of the parameters.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is someone who is too compromised to be around other people too compromised to hunt alone?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wifey and I were gonna go dancing tonight for the first time since the Commie shutdown. We were only going for a couple hours before the crowd got there. Welll.... middle child is a intensive care nurse. She said if we do, forget about coming to her house for thanksgiving. We staying home.

I’m going to deer camp, already been several times.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A question for all, When did you realize that the medical leaders were lying? I was convinced when the medical leaders said that the Feb 2020 "flu outbreak" wasn't COVID. That told me that the medical leaders would say or do anything. Fauci has be confirming it since. When was your ah'ha moment?

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
In my experience, party hunts are more party than hunt. I prefer to hunt alone (no witnesses to screwups, for one thing! smile ).

I don't do alcohol any more, anyway, and everyone got so much less fun...

Nevr liked people in groups much anyway.

Last edited by las; 11/14/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Is someone who is too compromised to be around other people too compromised to hunt alone?

Probably depends on that often kicked around subject of what "hunting" is.

An person with a compromised immune system could likely do fine hunting, even some of our Western style hunts like walking to a hilltop to glass. Certainly they'd be able to hunt the back 40 of the farm from a stand where they can get the truck or tractor to the critter. Even folks with COPD or some heart issues can hunt like that.

But some folks with those conditions are probably best off not being around folks who are exposed to others on a regular basis.

I'm a bit like las there ^^ , I prefer to hunt alone most times, or maybe with another person or two at most. I generally go hunting to get away from folks, regular life has more than enough of them involved in things.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Windfall
We just lost a neighbor from it this week and the family of 5 next door had it that kicked their butt for 10 days. The bad part is that people are contagious and can spread this crap for ten days before they themselves even show any symptoms and know that they have it. It is knocking out our hospital staff with all the ICU beds filling to capacity. Elective surgery is cancelled indefinitely.

I don't think 10 days is legit. I think the incubation period is more like 3-4 days.

Which state?

Stay safe.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

HELL NO.

I refuse to live my life in fear. That doesn't mean I don't take precautions. Cancel hunting camp? FUG no. Masks don't work unless everyone wears N95s and wears them properly and replaces them regularly. All you have to do is look at states case numbers before and after mask mandates to know that. You say you haven't discussed not going to hunting camp with your high risk friend. How does he feel? Perhaps this is his last opportunity to hunt. I have a friend who didn't visit her grandmother for 6 months because she was afraid of giving her the virus. Her Grandmother died of a stroke, alone. F'ing criminal what we are doing to people.

I've talked with both my parents (88 & 91) and they do not want their last days to be spent alone and in fear. They are going to church. They will go to Thanksgiving dinner.

I like your response.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,503 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,545
Posts18,453,457
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.